hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mcginn

Mcginn

What a servant and player he has been to our club. Has been the key part in this transformation. Love him, a true Hibernian great.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've been following Hibs since the early 1960's and John Mcginn is without a doubt up there with the very best to have worn the jersey. It's been a pleasure watching the guy and hopefully he'll stick around for another season.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Would love to have SJM for the rest of the season. He is irreplaceable to us

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Legend. Would love him to still be here beyond the transfer window but if he was to leave this month, I wish all the very best for the rest of his career. He deserves it! For me, up there as one of the best ever Hibs players in my lifetime.

I said on another thread that he has been class personified in the last few weeks.

No I’ll judged comments to the press, no hint of disruption or sign that he’s disgruntled. Head down, performing well, playing with passion and popped up with a goal tonight.

He deserves a crack at a higher level, be that the Champions League with Celtic or the EPL week in week out, but wherever and whenever he goes his class on and off the pitch means he’ll leave with nothing but my best wishes.

A proper Hibs legend who has been a joy to watch. It’s propably unlikely but I hope we can sort something out so we can enjoy him for another season and still make some money.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    We may not get to the group stages but we would not have been even close without him, genuinely hope he stays & he see what happens.
    GG

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Best player since Sauzee.

I’d be hard pushed to say he was a better footballer than Sauzee but he’s been the most influential and important player since Le God.

Hope we do all we can to keep him next season, and that includes losing him for nothing next season if needs be.

To turn our heads now it has to be a £5m bid imo.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We may not get to the group stages but we would not have been even close without him, genuinely hope he stays & he see what happens.
    GG
    WE, I'm pished.
    GG

Blog Entries
    I ❤️ John McGlinn.

1 of the best players to have played for Hibs in my lifetime (i'm 32)

Sums up everything right about the club these last few years. What a player, no matter what happens I hope he flourishes and has a stupendous career. I've no doubt he will.

Can we keep him please?!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Best player since Sauzee.

I’d be hard pushed to say he was a better footballer than Sauzee but he’s been the most influential and important player since Le God.

Hope we do all we can to keep him next season, and that includes losing him for nothing next season if needs be.

To turn our heads now it has to be a £5m bid imo.

I don’t think I would have enough biscuits in if I was to catch these 2 in a 3some with the wife ... oh wait .. panic over .. I can get some at the garage 🙏💚💚

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm starting to think we should tell Celtic to **** off and let him run out his contract.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I'm starting to think we should tell Celtic to **** off and let him run out his contract.
    Agree. He’s pure class and we’d struggle to replace him.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    If John McGinn stays to see us into the group stages the revenue from that alone will make any transfer fee we’ll get if we sell him now totally insignificant. He’s worth that gamble in my mind.
    Definitely in the top five best players I’ve seen at Hibs in my 40 years going to games. Keep him to the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I said on another thread that he has been class personified in the last few weeks.

No I’ll judged comments to the press, no hint of disruption or sign that he’s disgruntled. Head down, performing well, playing with passion and popped up with a goal tonight.

He deserves a crack at a higher level, be that the Champions League with Celtic or the EPL week in week out, but wherever and whenever he goes his class on and off the pitch means he’ll leave with nothing but my best wishes.

A proper Hibs legend who has been a joy to watch. It’s propably unlikely but I hope we can sort something out so we can enjoy him for another season and still make some money.
    Absolutely. A hell of a lot of "professional" footballers could learn a metric **** ton about professionalism from John McGinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Me too mate he's worth too much to us to sell for their joke bids

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

outstanding tonight . says a lot for the man.

Left by mutual consent!
    That was the performance of a 4 million pound player. At the very least. Class. Passion. Skill and graft.

Attitude .... the key for me. What an outstanding player. Still gives absolutely everything

Absolute class.Hibs legend.apart from the obvious,one of my all time favourite players was Gordon Hunter.SJM is up there..

Mcginn- interest from old firm- heart on sleeve, drive, determination, spirit, skill, winning.

Laugherty- interest from old firm- chucked it, toys.. everywhere.

Everything we thought we knew about SJM in the last few seasons has been supported and corroborated in the last few weeks. What a pleasure he’s been to see play in a hibs shirt. Thank you SJM.

Legend and nights like tonight show what Johns true value.

He is a warrior and would be amazing if he stayed till the end of the season.

Get him in the Hibernian Hall of Fame already.

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    No matter what happens between now and whenever he leaves this boy has been nothing short of brilliant for us ... attitude desire and a will to win and if he leaves for who ever I just want to say....John Mcginn thank u so much for what u have done for this club ...THANK U SJM ....wat a ****** player

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    1 of the best players to have played for Hibs in my lifetime (i'm 32)
    We'll have decades without SJM in a Hibs shirt - or anyone else approaching his class (possibly) - so please Hibs, can we tell Celtic to get stuffed and keep him for another season. It's only money after all ..

Added another million to his value tonight.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Boy just keeps getting better. I thought he was great last season but his last two performances have raised the bar again.

McGinn alone is worth the season ticket money, I love watching him, the Sauzee comparisons are fair, he's not technically as good as Le God was, but he's every bit as inspirational and has the heart of a lion (not literally).

Whatever we end up selling SJM for, it'll not be enough imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Wonder if Leeds will make a move now after selling Ronaldo Vieira...