hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Gray

@hibs.net private member

David Gray

Any1 else starting to think the he’s played his way back into NL’s plans over the last few games? I know he’s had his injuries last season but just felt like he was slipping right down the pecking order. He was excellent in the first half tonight and the 2nd half last week and I think Lennon must be delighted with him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Absolutely superb player.

Not convinced he is a wing back however he’s never let us down there, when he’s allowed to just be a defensive right back he is terrific.

Love the guy and not just for sentimental reasons.

Thought he was great but if we have 2 good strikers available then Boyle will revert to first choice wing back.

Gray will still get plenty games though as we’ll need to rotate with our Europa commitments 😉

Great to see him back to his best though

Yup...just like a new signing in my book. He had a rough time with injuries last year and always looked like he was playing with a knock/niggly injury whenever he played. Another one like wee Louie who would walk into any side in the league bar Celtc.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was great but if we have 2 good strikers available then Boyle will revert to first choice wing back.

Gray will still get plenty games though as we’ll need to rotate with our Europa commitments 😉

100% agree. Hopefully us securing MacLaren will make this a possibility.

When he ran 30 yards tonight to get rid of their players surrounding Boyle when he was down injured sums hims up.

We had been under the cosh for a spell and he got right over and made sure no one in our team was bullied. A proper captain who always seems to step up whe he’s really needed. Brondby away, the Scottish Cup Final, 2nd half last week.......

He’s a diamond.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    When he ran 30 yards tonight to get rid of their players surrounding Boyle when he was down injured sums hims up.

We had been under the cosh for a spell and he got right over and made sure no one in our team was bullied. A proper captain who always seems to step up whe he’s really needed. Brondby away, the Scottish Cup Final, 2nd half last week.......

He’s a diamond.
    Great post. Sir David just reaffirmed tonight how important he is for us when he's fit. Captain, leader and legend.

SDG is a magnificent player, hero and captain fantastic. Not in the least surprised he's BACK

He was brilliant tonight. Back to his best.h
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar

He’s a diamond.

This.

I thought he was absolutely brilliant tonight.. hopefully he can get some luck on the injury front and have a long run in the team.. living/ playing legend..

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

He’s a diamond.
    Said the exact same to my mates tonight. That right there is a club captain!! I absolutely love Hanlon but he doesn't have that about him. I absolutely love Gray and I always will.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    He loves to win. Great to see him back in the team.

He's like a new signing. Inspirational big game player. Great to see him back.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    I was born in 82, so I'm not old enough to worship the famous 5 or Turnbulls Tornados. I only just remembered the Team That Wouldn't Die, and to be honest, the McLeish and Mogga era's didn't generate a real folk hero (Sauzee, Boozy & Murphy came close for me). SDG is my man crush, my hero and my favourite ever Hibs player - 50 years from now I will bore my grandkids with exaggerated stories of his daring do's, and tell them how no right back since has ever matched up to him.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Outstanding performance from SDG tonight.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Sir David Gray - Captain Fantastic

What a leader we have!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Outstanding tonight and in the second half of the first leg.

He hasn't been knighted for no reason. I would give him a 10 year contract.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Gray will still get plenty games though as we’ll need to rotate with our Europa commitments

Agree with this but wouldn't mind SDG playing on the right hand side of the back 3. His defensive game is excellent and he's very good in the air. Would also be able to push play up the right when needed. Efe does this role pretty well already but I think SDG could do a not bad job of it too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Our best defender this evening. Has to start v Motherwell if fit.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

The legend grew tonight. Absolutely brilliant.

As others have said SDG is like a new signing.
    I must admit i thought he was on the way out last season but he has come roaring back to top form.
    His goal last week and more so his wonderful 1st half performance tonight sees him right back (no pun intended) in the first team .

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    He hasn't been knighted for no reason. I would give him a 10 year contract.
    He should certainly have a job for life at hibs if he wants it.

loves a great European display btw

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    💚

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    loves a great European display btw
    In all seriousness I don't think European teams know how to cope with his energy, drive and athleticism. If he pished in my cornflakes I'd..

Probably chuck them out and give him a slap. But he's still a legend.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    As others have said SDG is like a new signing.
    I must admit i thought he was on the way out last season but he has come roaring back to top form.
    His goal last week and more so his wonderful 1st half performance tonight sees him right back (no pun intended) in the first team .

Can't argue with any of that pal - when he's fit he's still got it.

He was brilliant.

First half especially they were putting us under a lot of pressure from crosses but his reading of the play and interceptions were vital in keeping us in it.

Also seems to have a not bad goal scoring record for a full back, especially in big games.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    100% agree. Hopefully us securing MacLaren will make this a possibility.
    Can’t disagree more (not trying to be a pain) but at the moment I’d far rather see Gray at RWB than Boyle. I love Boyles work rate but Grays physicality and general defensive capabilities trump Boyle for me.