hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Neil Lennon = best Hibs manager we've had for decades: appreciate him while he's here

We need to back this man to the hilt now.

-Won Scottish Championship in 1st season (no feat but still had to be secured)
    -Achieved our record top-flight points tally of the modern era
    -Installed a much tougher & resilient mindset, throughout the spine of the team
    -Despite May loss at Tynecastle, we've continued our superiority over Hearts
    -Beat Sevco 2/2 times at Ibrox
    -Beat Celtic & only lost 1/4 league games v Rodgers
    -Beat Brondby away before agony of the penalty shootout
    -Tonight we eliminated a very decent Greek team; a winnable tie v Molde awaits

Lenny's current record at Easter Road = P96 W50 (52.0%) D30 (31.3%) L16 (16.7%)

0HFC1.jpg0HFC2.jpg
    0HFC3.jpg0HFC4.jpg

Last edited by CathroMustStay; 05-08-2018 at 03:59 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Best manager in my lifetime watching Hibs

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Definitely best manager in my lifetime.

Hopefully the best in our history by the time he leaves

Best manager by miles in my lifetime. That’s including Stubbs who I love btw!!

Really knows what he’s doing on the European stage does our Neil. Long may it continue.

Best in my lifetime. Can we get him to sign a 10 year contract, please Dempster?

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't think under any of our previous managers in the modern era we'd have came through that tie.

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully he’s here for many more years. A quality manager who’s instilled a real attitude in the team, something we’ve been missing for too many years

Hibs class!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best manager by miles in my lifetime. That’s including Stubbs who I love btw!!
    Yup agreed loved Stubbsy and Big Eck during his time but Lennon is by far and away the best manager we've had in my lifetime...we r so lucky to have him

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brilliant. Best since ET and mibbe even better

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hibs in Europe.

Hearts in their beds.

Natural order!!!

I love the fact that he’s done so well for us in Europe, despite not making it to the touch line.

He’s been on the touch line for 20 minutes out of 550minutes in Europe 😂😂😂. Won 2 ties, and very narrowly missed out in 2016. Absolute hero.

It’ll be good to see him against Molde.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Took me a long time to be fully convinced, but hope he stays as long as possible now.

He's a top manager.

Stubbsy's achievements are sometimes undermined by the praise we reserve for Taff and Doolan.

Lennon has a very solid team of his own, and I think Garry Parker deserves great credit. He's been the man in the dugout for these past few games and has guided us through some sticky moments.

I loved Garry Parker as a player, I really took a shine to him when I was younger and he played in a good Villa team.

First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar
    Agreed, took me a while to be fully convinced... but he’s done it!

He’s done everything that could be asked of him really, perhaps with the exception of a SC run last season.

I’m quite excited to see what he has up his sleeve for the season ahead considering the goals we are scoring with a squad that by his own admission is a few short.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    We need to back this man to the hilt now.

-Won Scottish Championship in 1st season (no feat but still had to be achieved)
    -Achieved our record top-flight points tally of the modern era
    -Installed a much tougher & resilient mindset, throughout the spine of the team
    -Despite end of season Tynecastle disappointment, overall we've continued our superiority of Hearts
    -Beat Sevco 2/2 times at Ibrox
    -Beat Celtic & only lost 1/4 league games v Rodgers
    -Beat Brondby away before agony of pens
    -Tonight has overseen the elimination of a very decent Greek team, with a winnable tie v Molde coming up

Lenny's current record at Easter Road = P96 W50 (52.0%) D30 (31.3%) L16 (16.7%)

0HFC1.jpg0HFC2.jpg
    0HFC3.jpg0HFC4.jpg

100%, this, love him.
    Ginger legend

Been watching Hibs since the 1960's and seen many a manager come and go, and, for me, only Eddie Turnbull tops Neil Lennon.

Turnbull made me feel that we could beat anyone on our day and in most cases, did.
    The Tornadoes had grit, fight, skill and class all over the pitch, and were a joy to behold when in full flight. Only the greatest Celtic team in history stopped us dominating Scottish football during the early to mid 70s.

Likewise, Neil Lennon leaves me feeling exactly the same way - that we can beat anyone on our day. He has instilled a never-say-die mentality in our team and built an even stronger and hard-to-beat unit from Stubbs legacy. His passion is there for all to see. The season ahead promises so much (again) and "hitting the ground running" in these early season European ties serves to convince me even more that, with one or two key additions, we will be right up there challenging the best in the SPL.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 02-08-2018 at 09:00 PM.

He most certainly is.

Can't think of anyone close.

You are supreme Mr Lennon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Guys, it would be Bulgarian balcony time, but I'm in Holland. Pwoud vewy vewy pwoud!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Best Hibs manager in my 26 years supporting Hibs.

Imagine how good we will be when he's actually allowed in the dugout ffs. We're such a different club these days and it's a joy to be a part of.

First Team Breakthrough
    Never dull eh, I'm in a flapp tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Been watching Hibs since the 1960's and seen many a manager come and go, and, for me, only Eddie Turnbull tops Neil Lennon.

Turnbull made me feel that we could beat anyone on our day and in most cases, did.
    The Tornadoes had grit, fight, skill and class all over the pitch, and were a joy to behold when in full flight. Only the greatest Celtic team in history stopped us dominating Scottish football during the early to mid 70s.

Likewise, Neil Lennon leaves me feeling exactly the same way - that we can beat anyone on our day. He has instilled a never-say-die mentality in our team and built an even stronger and hard-to-beat unit from Stubbs legacy. His passion is there for all to see. The season ahead promises so much (again) and "hitting the ground running" in these early season European ties serves to convince me even more that, with one or two key additions, we will be right up there challenging the best in the SPL.
    Beat hearts 8-0 away and get to Europa cup semi and then we’re talking :greengrin

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Beat hearts 8-0 away and get to Europa cup semi and then we’re talking

A manager that just gets Hibs. So much passion, compare that to the likes of calderwood who stood on the touch line and could not have looked more less interested if he tried. The players clearly respect him and he won't accept any below par performances.

Does he over step the mark sometimes? Yes. But I'ts about time Hibs had a bit of nastiness about us, for too long we were far too soft and nicely nicely and it just got us trampled over.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    My favourite manager by some distance! But I was also chuffed when Butcher signed up so what do I know? haha

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post

This is where I am too and I never thought there would be a manager getting close to Ned in my lifetime.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

You guys better watch out. I got called a ‘Lennon sycophant’ on here a week ago for suggesting that he wasn’t a huddie of a manager. Youse are all going to get it tight when a particular poster sees this thread.