hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Extended Highlights

Extended highlights from last night on the Asteras YouTube channel using Hibs tv and commentary.

https://youtu.be/CtoyVhpLklk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Extended highlights from last night on the Asteras YouTube channel using Hibs tv and commentary.

https://youtu.be/CtoyVhpLklk
    Good stuff and great 2nd half performance. Didn't show the sending off but who cares!!

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Good stuff and great 2nd half performance. Didn't show the sending off but who cares!!

Or Slivkas miss but thats not on the bbc version either.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Bizarre editing. Great work from Hanlon for the winner.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Would like the see the long range shots from McGinn, Hanlon and Boyle if anyone has them.

Heres a video of a few of Asteras games in Europe.

https://youtu.be/QyhZUeyIkJw

Great comeback and we had some other good chances on the night as Neil has said in his interview, There big 11 was a pain in the ar*e all night, At one point He put the studs into John McGinn during an aerial challenge, SJM was raging the ref did nothing about it!.. And ended up taking retribution on a another greek player soon after, unfortunately you just cannot do that and get away with it, never mind in a European game.

If there was one thing I was to get drummed into the players before next Thursday it would be YOU MUST TRACK RUNNERS! both Slivka and Stevenson got caught in this way for a goal each, and it happened countless other times in the first half. It reminded me of the heavy Malmo defeat a few years ago.
    But on this occasion we had the kahonaas to turn the game around #GGTTH

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    Great comeback and we had some other good chances on the night as Neil has said in his interview, There big 11 was a pain in the ar*e all night, At one point He put the studs into John McGinn during an aerial challenge, SJM was raging the ref did nothing about it!.. And ended up taking retribution on a another greek player soon after, unfortunately you just cannot do that and get away with it, never mind in a European game.

If there was one thing I was to get drummed into the players before next Thursday it would be YOU MUST TRACK RUNNERS! both Slivka and Stevenson got caught in this way for a goal each, and it happened countless other times in the first half. It reminded me of the heavy Malmo defeat a few years ago.
    There was one occasion when the Greeks broke and it was 2 on 2. Their forwards scissored and split. Both our defenders followed one of them. Luckily, it came to nothing.

@hibs.net private member

I can't recall Stevenson getting caught out tracking back for either goal.

Testimonial Due

Both their goals came down our right. Slivka didn't track for the first but how anyone can blame Stevenson for either goal is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    First goal came down our right hand side.

Second goal, initially came from our our attacking play and giving up possession (not Lewis), then Efe ball watching and giving the boy a free header from the cross which ultimately lead to the 2nd goal.

Fake news? How can you come to the conclusion that either of those goals were due to Lewis? Baffling in the extreme.

For the avoidance of doubt, Not Stevensons fault.

Really, not Stevensons fault.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    First goal came down our right hand side.

Second goal, initially came from our our attacking play and giving up possession (not Lewis), then Efe ball watching and giving the boy a free header from the cross which ultimately lead to the 2nd goal.

Fake news? How can you come to the conclusion that either of those goals were due to Lewis? Baffling in the extreme.

For the avoidance of doubt, Not Stevensons fault.

Really, not Stevensons fault.
    And when the attack broke down Stevenson's tracking back was excellent to stop the boy driving into the box. Efe did what he does often and got caught moving towards the ball and was extremely lucky the man he left did nothing with the opportunity.

Looking at that squirrel scored the first (all be it unintentionally)

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Your right, my mistake It didn't lead to the 2nd goal.
    But he did get caught having chase back a few times because he had lost his player, he wasn't alone in that though.