hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Greeks second goal

I think Bogdan is taking unfounded criticism for their second goal. Was an absolute worldy. The first goal On the other hand.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Bogdan is taking unfounded criticism for their second goal. Was an absolute worldy. The first goal On the other hand.....
    I thought it was a howler when I first saw it but on more viewings it’s a fantastic strike that goes in off the post.

I think he should have saved it he was positionally correct no idea how he never got a hand to it? That was prime rocky material that shot.

Probably because he dives with his hands over a foot apart. A strike like that would need to hands to it.

Hes conceded 9 goals in 4 games and seeing them half of he should have done better, atleast.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    I think he should have saved it he was positionally correct no idea how he never got a hand to it? That was prime rocky material that shot.
    How can you not see it was such a well hit shot? The ball moves in the air, away from Bogdan and clips the post. Possibly the best goal I've seen an away team score at Easter road.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    How can you not see it was such a well hit shot? The ball moves in the air, away from Bogdan and clips the post. Possibly the best goal I've seen an away team score at Easter road.
    I was almost in line with a view from behind the striker an can't see how it could be saved. You just accept those and applaud the scorer.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I was almost in line with a view from behind the striker an can't see how it could be saved. You just accept those and applaud the scorer.
    Yep, it was a top drawer finish, so although I'm not 100% convinced by our new goalie, I'll not be holding that goal against him

GGTTH

It was a great strike from the Greek boy but a good goalkeeper (Rocky) could of saved it quite easily especially given his positioning for it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Don’t think the second was his fault as such but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see Rocky save it. I feel Bogdan may be one of these goalies who just doesn’t really save very much.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Don’t think the second was his fault as such but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see Rocky save it. I feel Bogdan may be one of these goalies who just doesn’t really save very much.
    Gives you something to talk about at least

Left by mutual consent!
    Our manager reckons it was a howler.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Reminds me of Oxley in that sense. Shot stopping is the most basic trait of a keeper and they're useless without it.

It was a howler from our players trying to close him down...Mallan and then SW. Both very poor for the goal.

First Team Breakthrough
    Can’t blame Bogdan if you’re not going to have a go at Mallan. Then again he was only try to cover for the Slivka/Ambrose mess in the 1st half.
    Lost that goal as a team

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Yep because it was. Lennon knows it, most of the Hibs fans know it. It’s very simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Yep because it was. Lennon knows it, most of the Hibs fans know it. It’s very simple really.
    It was a howler from every outfield player on the right hand defensive area. It was a howler from Lennon for choosing that formation and those players. I don't think it was a howler from Bogdan.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    It was a howler from every outfield player on the right hand defensive area. It was a howler from Lennon for choosing that formation and those players. I don't think it was a howler from Bogdan.
    Agree with all that, but it’s still a howler from Bogdan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Agree with all that, but it’s still a howler from Bogdan.
    You obviously didn’t see the way the ball moved from your viewpoint. That the striker has time to hit a knuckleball in open play is the real howler.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    He didn’t say that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    The boys hit it well, but it should never have ended up in the back of the net. Bogdan should have kept that out, he's so slow to move to it. He's in the right position, but it takes him forever to actually dive. Poor goalkeeping.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    He had full view of it so a decent goalie would have saved it. If his view was impeded then maybe that's a factor but from what I saw it was not, he should be saving that.

Rocky would have saved that

I thought at the time it looked like it went right down the middle of his goals.. having just watched the highlights, it's a superb strike and Bogdan isn't to blame. First one was poor though.

Other thing I noticed is Kamberi definitely looks offside for the winner. I looked anxiously straight at the linesman when it went in, but actually thought he was probably on. Not so sure now

Oh and the commentator of the bbc highlights is trying to give the goal to Boyle too... definitely the big man and his erse

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I thought at the time it looked like it went right down the middle of his goals.. having just watched the highlights, it's a superb strike and Bogdan isn't to blame. First one was poor though.

Other thing I noticed is Kamberi definitely looks offside for the winner. I looked anxiously straight at the linesman when it went in, but actually thought he was probably on. Not so sure now

Oh and the commentator of the bbc highlights is trying to give the goal to Boyle too... definitely the big man and his erse
    I was exactly the same. Had a very delayed reaction to our winner as I looked straight at the linesman first. Made up for it though!

The second was well hit, but Bogdan was well positioned and had a clear view of it, he could and should have done better IMO .. As for the first, an absolute howler no question.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought it was a howler when I first saw it but on more viewings it’s a fantastic strike that goes in off the post.
    It is the lead up to that goal that worried me much more than the failure to save the rocket. The ball came across from the right and he should have commanded the situation. Instead he lost his position and floundered about his goal area. He then looks completely lost as to where he is and does not set himself for the inevitable shot that follows. Far too many errors in that one incident for my liking

Folk are getting a bit carried away I think. A keeper can make a mistake or could do better with shots without them being 'howlers'. A howler is a very bad glaring error rather than something he 'probably should have saved'.

De Gea At the world cup vs Portugal is a howler and isn't comparable to Bogdans attempt at the 2nd goal at all really.

Call it what you want, he should have saved it given his starting position and the clear line of sight.

If it was Mallan or any other Hibs player it would be regarded as a candidate for goal of the season, imo, yes chucked the first in but should be cut a bit slack for the second...

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You obviously didn’t see the way the ball moved from your viewpoint. That the striker has time to hit a knuckleball in open play is the real howler.
    did he? Watching the replay, I'm not sure it didn't take a wee nick of SW's foot as he fails to block the shot. I think that would cause similar movement?

greek.jpg