hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogdan

Bogdan

Should never have been beaten at his near post for their first goal, and i feel he should have done better with the second.
    His distribution is pretty good though.
    Really need Rocky back asap.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get rid...soon please.

Anyone else think he looks like Ed Sheeran ?

Not convinced by Bogdan and last night did nothing to help. How has he been capped by Hungary ? No presence, poor positioning and gives away cheap goals.

If Lennon has an alternative, he needs to seriously consider for the next game. The Greeks will be targeting Efe and Bogdan at every opp.

Send him packing asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not convinced by Bogdan and last night did nothing to help. How has he been capped by Hungary ? No presence, poor positioning and gives away cheap goals.

If Lennon has an alternative, he needs to seriously consider for the next game. The Greeks will be targeting Efe and Bogdan at every opp.
    Hope they target Efe as they’ll have no luck. He was exposed due to having no RWB cover due to playing Vik there first half.

I'm not convinced by him, but tbh I think it's his body language as much as anything. His head looks down, he looks short of confidence (which is probably no surprise if you're a Liverpool keeper on loan at Hibs losing bucketloads of goals).

The first goal last night was very poor, and the first goal in the Faroes was a bit suspect.

Other than that though I don't think he's been all that culpable.

I'm not sure how good he is at commanding his area though, and I'm not convinced he has the full trust of his defenders.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think he’s any better than Laidlaw. Even with Rocky injured I still he was a poor signing and a waste of the managers budget. He was definitely at fault for the first goal and should have done better at the second

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    First goal was awful. Second the jury is out without other angles but he had plenty of time to see it. No news on Rocky being fit unfortunately.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Laidlaw is infinitely better.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    no he isnt

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    His performance in the league cup semi against Sellick tells you differently

This is his what, third game back after a seriously long lay off from the game, goalkeepers really just need matches to get their focus and everything back to a level. If we needed goalkeeping cover to come in and hit the ground running perhaps Bogdan wasn't the best option to us due to his lack of game time and coming back from injury?

Don't think he was to blame for the second goal, our midfield and defence should have closed their player down to not give him time and space to shoot.

Hoping Bogdan will grow in confidence and sharpness having had another game under his belt.
    Last edited by Iain G; 27-07-2018 at 09:15 AM.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Feel Whittaker was more at fault for both goals. You would like your keeper to save those but no. 77 shouldn't be getting those chances in the first place!! Rocky is a far better goalie and would've expected him to save both of those last night but he is guilty of throwing them in too!!

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Hope they target Efe as they’ll have no luck. He was exposed due to having no RWB cover due to playing Vik there first half.
    Lack of RWB cover does not justify the at least 4 nutmegs

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    1 game, is that it?

People have short memories. The goal marciano conceded at home to rangers in december was pretty similar to last night. I think both goalies are decent but with hibs budget we are never gonna find the perfect keeper that doesn't make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    1 game, is that it?
    the same could be said for bogdan then surely

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Yes, and he's been otherwise pretty solid.

Laidlaw is miles better. Speaks to the defence more and commands his area. Had one bad game and folk don’t rate him. Bogdan just looks a bag of nerves and only good thing is his kicking.

Their keeper was worse

First Team Regular
    I listened to the radio then read this board at half time... assumed they were both howlers. The first shouldn’t have beaten him but it happens - it was hit unusually hard at a strange angle. The second one was a peach. The BBC commentator says ‘nothing he could have done’ - right, I think.

He seems dodgy, don’t know if it’s lack of games etc but feel we could have got someone better

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    Their keeper was worse
    I thought he was all over the shop at times.

He seemed to like a theatrical dive to palm away bread and butter stuff and was hopeless under pressure.

I'm convinced we can score a couple over there, it is our own leaky defence, dodgy keeper and the lack of protection that they sometimes get from midfield that are my main concerns.

@hibs.net private member
    All keepers will make mistakes . What i think is important is how these keepers react to the mistakes. The likes of Makalamby, Zibby and Graham Smith went to pieces after mistakes. From what we've seen so far, Rocky doesn't and will put in some outstanding performances after a howler. I've not been too impressed with Bogdan so far but maybe a wee bit premature to be writing the lad off. He must have shown something to be capped 20 times and be signed for Liverpool!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This is his what, third game back after a seriously long lay off from the game, goalkeepers really just need matches to get their focus and everything back to a level. If we needed goalkeeping cover to come in and hit the ground running perhaps Bogdan wasn't the best option to us due to his lack of game time and coming back from injury?

Don't think he was to blame for the second goal, our midfield and defence should have closed their player down to not give him time and space to shoot.

Hoping Bogdan will grow in confidence and sharpness having had another game under his belt.

Far too many people are writing him off already.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

he has made one mistake(2 if you count the second but i dont) in the games he has played so far this season, people form opinions very quickly and wont change them, the defending for the goals conceded this season so far have been horrendous and that should be addressed quicker than bogdans mistake

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Why is Laidlaw not playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Why is Laidlaw not playing?
    because our coching staff and manager dont think he is better than bogdan

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    because our coching staff and manager dont think he is better than bogdan
    And neither do I. It’s amazing how brilliant players become when not in the team