Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Asteras Tripoli predictions

I’m going for 2-0 Hibs. Boyle & Kamberi

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

2-1 Hibs or 2-2, hoping for better though. Clean sheet the problem....

3-0 Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    5-2 hibs

2-0 for Hibs. I think Lenny will working very hard with the players regarding defensive work.

Testimonial Due
    Despite the most recent evidence, defensive personnel are solid. I predict an unconvincing 2-0 win against a Greek team still settling in. Boyle with a brace.

3-2 Hibs

Kamberi
    Mallan
    Mallan

They are a damn tricky side to play, every fan of other greek clubs say the same, they are very tough to play at their ground., beatable when away but rarely by a big nargin

I think it wil be 1-0 or 1-1 ( but I am always pessimistic)

I think we need a win, that much is clear, although 0-0 draw wouldnt be a disaster, we clearly want far better

Gonna be brutal here, but I am having serious doubts about our chances in this match. In the Blackburn game for long periods we looked disjointed and our midfield was destroyed in the 2nd half ….. I appreciate it was only a pre season friendly with lots of personnel changes during the game so I wasn't too bothered at the time. But for me that shakiness continued into the first leg of our last tie, where from what I saw a better team would have taken another couple of goals off us, Runavik had a few chances to get round us which weren't taken because of a lack of quality, not because of great defending by us.

Its easy to chalk off the 4 goals we lost in the away leg to the pitch, the weather or simply carelessness in a tie we had already won, but losing goals can become a bad habit and its one that started at the end of last season, not just the beginning of this one.

If we are to get through this tie we have to do it at home because I just cant see us winning in Greece … the trouble with that is that no matter how dangerous we might be up front we are going to ship goals unless we improve enormously at the back from our last few outings. IMO anything less than a 2 - 0 win will see us go out ….. the two we are certainly capable of … the nil is an entirely different matter and I just can see it.

The only thing giving me any optimism is that the Greeks apparently have a pretty new side from last season which could mean they aren't quite up to it as a unit yet and they are renowned as being poor travellers in Europe historically. For our sake I hope we see that side of them tomorrow night.

@hibs.net private member
    3 0 hibs

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    So hard to say with them being unknowns. What I do know though is I'm excited!! ....2-0 Hibs

2-0, will it be enough?
    Time will tell.

4-1 hibs

1-1

0-1

3-0 Hibs as well

Kamberi, Mallan, Hanlon

2-1 and a nervous trip to Greece.

First Team Breakthrough
    1-0 Hibs

Tense game with not much separating both sides. Mallan free kick to settle it

2-1 Asteras in return with us going through on away goals !!!

3-2 or 3-1 Hibs.

Our match fitness advantage should help but we are leaking goals badly at the moment, as said above Runavik had a few half chances in the 1st leg that a better side may have taken and we all know what happened in the 2nd leg, whatever the reasons.

I worry that neither result will be enough going away from home as I'm sceptical we have the disciplined away European performance to secure a 0-0 in our arsenal. I argued we should have used the away leg in the Faroes to trial such a performance but plenty others seemed happy it descended into a Sunday league kick about so maybe I'm wrong.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1-0 Hibs

Tense game with not much separating both sides. Mallan free kick to settle it

2-1 Asteras in return with us going through on away goals !!!
    This is my most optimistic view. Fear it might be a stuffy 0-0 tonight and a 2-0 defeat in Greece. We’ll see.

A clean sheet is vital. If we can the sneak a goal I would be delighted.

Patience from the fans if the games going slow and backing the team will help massively.

The whole round depends massively on us doing our home business well tonight as playing away to anyone in the likes of Greece will be always be tough, look how the sheep struggled last year in Cyprus. I reckon we’ll score but really don’t know what to expect from our opponents. 2-0 hibs would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    3-2 or 3-1 Hibs.

Our match fitness advantage should help but we are leaking goals badly at the moment, as said above Runavik had a few half chances in the 1st leg that a better side may have taken and we all know what happened in the 2nd leg, whatever the reasons.

I worry that neither result will be enough going away from home as I'm sceptical we have the disciplined away European performance to secure a 0-0 in our arsenal. I argued we should have used the away leg in the Faroes to trial such a performance but plenty others seemed happy it descended into a Sunday league kick about so maybe I'm wrong.
    big Marv needs to be in the holding role tonight.

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    big Marv needs to be in the holding role tonight.
    not if we play 3 centre halfs he doesnt. there is no place for marv in that system. any time we have tried it we have been devoid of any creativity.

tonight should see a midfield 3 of Slivka, SJM and Mallan

2-1 Hibs tonight. I'm basing that on a complete whim because I have absolutely no idea how good Tripolis are likely to be.
    I see Molde v Laci is a 6pm kick off, unfortunately I checked liveonsat and it's not being broadcast anywhere so no opportunity to get a look at those 2.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Marv must not start. He doesn't have the pace to play in these games anymore. He was badly shown up in the Faroes.

Hibs 2-0 win. Team will be.

Bogdan

Ambrose
    McGregor
    Hanlon

Gray
    Slivka
    Whittaker
    Mallan
    Stevenson

Kamberi
    Boyle

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    3-1 Hibs. Really hoping for a clean sheet though

I’m going for a clean sheet with a 2-0 win. If we can sneak another for 3-0 would be delighted.