hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Maradona

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a way, an effort to excuse his behaviour makes it even worse, as it suggests he consciously knew what he was doing and that it wasn’t just the ignorant actions of a dodo. And, by the way, leave out the ageism, eh?
    Fair play Jim - he’s only 3 years older than me though so my tongue was firmly in my cheek!

I do like characters and especially radgers but no place for moronic rascism.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    He was also a joy to watch and was blessed with football genius the like of which England has never produced. Or Scotland for that matter.

Northern Ireland could maybe lay a claim to something comparable.
    Word is, Maradonna has Kenny Dalglish posters on his wall.

So does Pele.

And George Best said the King was beyond greatness or similar.

That, and my eyes, will do for me.

The only thing the King didn't do was punch a goal into the net against England (he did nutmeg Clemence at Hampden tho) and that'll do nicely too

Dalglish. The King.

ENDOF

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Word is, Maradonna has Kenny Dalglish posters on his wall.

So does Pele.

And George Best said the King was beyond greatness or similar.

That, and my eyes, will do for me.

The only thing the King didn't do was punch a goal into the net against England (he did nutmeg Clemence at Hampden tho) and that'll do nicely too

Dalglish. The King.

ENDOF
    fair enough. You, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion. I also have eyes though, and while I’m not old enough to have seen George Best I certainly am old enough to remember Maradona’s genius. There was nothing like him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    but what’s a 57 year old doing on Facebook anyway!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Jeza Kyle said facebook is pish that’s good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Attachment 20926

After Maradona's behaviour last night, the SFA compliance officer has handed Neil Lennon a 3 match suspension.

First Team Breakthrough
    Haven't read the whole thread, so prepared to concede I am missing something.

But I really don't get all the wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding someone who was once a footballer but now a passionate fan of his country going radge when they score a last-minute pearler to make the knockout round of a World Cup. I know if it was me, and it was Scotland, I'd be going utterly berserk too. So he gave the opposition fans the finger? So ****in what, man. I do worse every Huns game, and quite often do worse when we score against the Kilmarnocks of the world if it's been a tight game.

Still my favourite player ever, and still a Grade A, rags-to-riches, no-****s-given badass, in my humble opinion. Viva El Diez!

Quote Originally Posted by YanYansen View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread, so prepared to concede I am missing something.

But I really don't get all the wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding someone who was once a footballer but now a passionate fan of his country going radge when they score a last-minute pearler to make the knockout round of a World Cup. I know if it was me, and it was Scotland, I'd be going utterly berserk too. So he gave the opposition fans the finger? So ****in what, man. I do worse every Huns game, and quite often do worse when we score against the Kilmarnocks of the world if it's been a tight game.

Still my favourite player ever, and still a Grade A, rags-to-riches, no-****s-given badass, in my humble opinion. Viva El Diez!

Again... It wasn't his celebration that was the problem for me. It's the casual racism and class A drug taking. There's even footage of him dishing out the stuff to a fan FFS. But hey, if that makes him a "badass" in your eyes then bash on.