hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Surely for any Hibby it is tainted with Butchers autograph on it. Probably would have been worth a few quid to a hun if they had won it. Ho hum, thankfully it is probably now not worth very much at all

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hun fans are now getting wind that this programme is valuable and are beginning to sell which is driving the price down to around £50. Saying that I've sold 2 recently, both with match tickets for £75+

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    1947/48 Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi final programme currently on ebay. You'll need deep pockets the seller wants £750 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1947/48 Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi final programme currently on ebay. You'll need deep pockets the seller wants £750 for it.
    It’s the same seller that was recently selling a handful of pretty rare Hibs programmes but his prices are well over double what I’d consider sensible. I see a couple of them were withdrawn, not sure if this means they sold or just withdrawn. It was a pre war 33/34 I think and a Celtic hibs 49/50 friendly advertised at £900.
    This one I last noted was sold in the 200-300 range .Guess we can assume The Rangers fans are back spending- interesting to see if it goes for that.

It’s the same seller that was recently selling a handful of pretty rare Hibs programmes but his prices are well over double what I’d consider sensible. I see a couple of them were withdrawn, not sure if this means they sold or just withdrawn. It was a pre war 33/34 I think and a Celtic hibs 49/50 friendly advertised at £900.
    This one I last noted was sold in the 200-300 range .Guess we can assume The Rangers fans are back spending- interesting to see if it goes for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    He bought the Hibs v Q Park from me on eBay for £350. His £750 asking price was quite frankly ridiculously OTT, as was £900 for Celtic v Hibs. £500ish is about the right price I would say
    It will probably be on his catalogue.

@hibs.net private member
    ICT SC 2016 just sold for £207 on ebay.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I've bought 3 programmes, and only 3 programmes, this year; hearts semi, SJ semi, and SJ final.

These programmes clearly come with some form of supernatural inherent bad luck, does that make them more valuable?

I'm also not sure if I can bring myself to ever buy a programme again.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    ICT SC 2016 just sold for £207 on ebay.
    Not surprised and think it will only go up, ultra rare !!!!
    Raith seems to be very difficult as well now, I remember a guy in Kirkcaldy was selling them for around £8 just after the final. This will be another £100 plus I guess before too long

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    Interesting comment, I had an example of that quite recently.

I had bought a Rangers v Clyde 1949 Scottish Cup Final programme on ebay for £75 a couple of years ago, when it arrived there was a match ticket in with it. I put the programme in with the rest of my collection and actually forgot about the ticket. I found it when having a spring clean earlier this year and stuck it on ebay hoping to maybe get £20.

Within a couple of hours I had offers of £75 and £80 but turned them down as I thought there was maybe more to come, with about 10 minutes left on the auction it had edged up to £92 but in the last minute it rocketed up to £181.50. Couldn't believe my luck.

I asked around and seemingly anything Rangers pre 1950 is going for silly money.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I've bought 3 programmes, and only 3 programmes, this year; hearts semi, SJ semi, and SJ final.

These programmes clearly come with some form of supernatural inherent bad luck, does that make them more valuable?

I'm also not sure if I can bring myself to ever buy a programme again.
    Might be worth a few pounds for St Johnstone fans unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Might be worth a few pounds for St Johnstone fans unfortunately
    Possibly. My experience of programmes is that Hibs fans seem to be more into them than others and inflate the price accordingly (I'm sure you can get the 5-1 programme for £10 for instance!).
    Mon the Hibs.

Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup semi final programme 1948 currently on ebay. £205 so far and only been on two days.

Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup semi final programme 1948 currently on ebay. £205 so far and only been on two days.
    One sold a couple of months ago for £460 in vg condition, with 3 bidders over £400
    Another is currently on sale BIN for £600. He has dropped the price as it was originally £750 😂

£225 final price. I suppose the team changes and fold affected the price. I see another one is on with a bid of £149.

For those that collect Hibs friendly programmes there is a 1950 Villa away programme on ebay at the moment. The seller is looking for £24.99 starting bid.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Anyone got a rough idea of the value of the 2016 final signed by Gray, Hanlon, McGregor, Boyle & Stevenson with match ticket mounted and framed?

I also have the 2007 CIS Final signed by everyone bar Stevenson in the middle section, and then Stevenson on the white border of the frame it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Anyone got a rough idea of the value of the 2016 final signed by Gray, Hanlon, McGregor, Boyle & Stevenson with match ticket mounted and framed?

I also have the 2007 CIS Final signed by everyone bar Stevenson in the middle section, and then Stevenson on the white border of the frame it's in.
    They've been scribbled on? That's a shame. Lucky to get a £5 now, but I'll give you £10 to be nice...

Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    They've been scribbled on? That's a shame. Lucky to get a £5 now, but I'll give you £10 to be nice...

Thanks for the generous offer

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

1947 Scottish Cup Final Hibs v Aberdeen

One on eBay at the moment.

Sitting at £49.99 and it's in bits.

Makes me all the more grateful for the one that I got from hibeg a few years ago.

Of all the post war finals this is by far the rarest (well apart from the 1948 replay).

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    One on eBay at the moment.

Sitting at £49.99 and it's in bits.

Makes me all the more grateful for the one that I got from hibeg a few years ago.

Of all the post war finals this is by far the rarest (well apart from the 1948 replay).
    It was a pleasure Scoops

Unbelievable that it went for £150, as you said it had literally fallen apart !

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    It was a pleasure Scoops

Unbelievable that it went for £150, as you said it had literally fallen apart !
    Incredible somebody would pay that for a programme in such poor condition

Hibs v Barcelona ( postponed) coming on eBay tonight, I have been told

@hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    Wonder if that’s the copy that sold at auction recently for £160 along with the rescheduled programme?

Quote Originally Posted by BenjiOscar View Post
    Wonder if that’s the copy that sold at auction recently for £160 along with the rescheduled programme?
    What auction was that Benji ?

@hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    What auction was that Benji ?
    Hello, it was an online auction last week at the-saleroom.com I’m sure it hosts SportingOld auctions amongst others and I saw the programmes the weekend before last after a friend had mentioned it to me. As mentioned, both programmes (the December postponed match programme and the rescheduled February match programme) were being sold together as one lot. I checked an hour or so before the auction closed and the bid at that point was at £160 plus 20% commissions. I think that’s what it finished at.

Hello, it was an online auction last week at the-saleroom.com I’m sure it hosts SportingOld auctions amongst others and I saw the programmes the weekend before last after a friend had mentioned it to me. As mentioned, both programmes (the December postponed match programme and the rescheduled February match programme) were being sold together as one lot. I checked an hour or so before the auction closed and the bid at that point was at £160 plus 20% commissions. I think that’s what it finished at.
    Thanks. There must be some bargains out there in auction land. I only ever look on eBay these days !

Hi, Is this the February 1961 game you are talking about?

First Team Breakthrough EastThomasSTboy's Avatar

December postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Hi, Is this the February 1961 game you are talking about?
    NO....its the December Postponed game only.

Quote Originally Posted by EastThomasSTboy View Post
    NO....its the December Postponed game only.
    I see it went for just under £400. Seems about right
    Also noticed the Arbroath postponed in the early 70s sold for £125