hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What is THE holy grail of Hibs programmes?

Been following an eBay auction for Hearts v Hibs 1/1/73 programme (sold today for £74 which afaik is about par for that item?) and it got me thinking.

Some of you guys have a better handle on this than I have, so out of morbid curiosity - a question.

What is the most sought after Hibs programme out there, be it due to either rarity or price or importance or some other reason?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Conrad Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been following an eBay auction for Hearts v Hibs 1/1/73 programme (sold today for £74 which afaik is about par for that item?) and it got me thinking.

Some of you guys have a better handle on this than I have, so out of morbid curiosity - a question.

What is the most sought after Hibs programme out there, be it due to either rarity or price or importance or some other reason?
    I always thought that the postponed Barcelona from 1960? would be the grail, and that it would never come up for sale. I managed to get it from Ebay and there's been another couple sold there since.

All collectors will have different programmes on their wants lists. Personally I still require one home to complete my collection back to 1946/7, so if anyone has Hibs v Airdrie 13/9/47 kicking about I might show a bit of interest

The other one required would complete my Hibs European aways. As has been mentioned before on this forum, Keflavik was thought to be a non issue but one appeared about 4 years ago. Very strange how no more came back with the players but it is now on my list.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Postponed issues are my pain.

First Team Breakthrough Conrad Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Do you have a list of the ones you are after?

I don’t class them as issues ( simply because I don’t have them all )

I’m missing Motherwell in early 60s, but nobody has actually seen it AFAIK. Also Rangers in early 70s.

I have the Barca and Partick ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Gray View Post
    Do you have a list of the ones you are after?
    Not on me as I'm on holiday. I'll drop you a line when I get back.

First Team Breakthrough EastThomasSTboy's Avatar

Rare Programmes

The Hibs Reserve Programme v Dundee No.44. from APRIL 14TH 1956.(BIG ISSUE)
    The Hibs v Ayr United Prog. No.16 from 1st March 1978 (postponed).
    THE Hibs v St Johnstone. No.15 from Sat 28th December 1968 (postponed).

I think these are the hardest since 1949.

Quote Originally Posted by EastThomasSTboy View Post

You would say that G. Have you got the Dundee Reserves ?

Aw fir ****s sake.......

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Aw fir ****s sake.......
    As ETB knows very well the latter one is a printers proof copy which is the version prior to a print run goes live. I have a copy framed which I was going to upload a pic of but I can’t seem to do this from my phone. Anyone know if this can be done? I click ‘Attachment’ button & upload pic from my album but it doesn’t seem to like it.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    As ETB knows very well the latter one is a printers proof copy which is the version prior to a print run goes live. I have a copy framed which I was going to upload a pic of but I can’t seem to do this from my phone. Anyone know if this can be done? I click ‘Attachment’ button & upload pic from my album but it doesn’t seem to like it.
    If you go to Manage Attachments it should let you upload, select and insert inline from there.
    I never even had these postponed issues down as potentially existing....! I need to read up more.

First Team Breakthrough

I see the barcalona v hibs 1960 is on eBay at £1750 plus £40 p&p, this must be the most expensive?

Usual Spanish Overcharging!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tynehibs View Post
    I see the barcalona v hibs 1960 is on eBay at £1750 plus £40 p&p, this must be the most expensive?

IMO,.......Just because they are looking for this price does not mean that any Hibs collector is stupid enough to buy it (at that price!!).

Its probably a £500 to £600 prog tops and you will find that all the top Hibs collectors already have it, and bought it for considerably lower than that amount. Over the years, its been easier to find than the postponed home prog. seven flags!!! (my fave number.).

IMO,.......Just because they are looking for this price does not mean that any Hibs collector is stupid enough to buy it (at that price!!).

Its probably a £500 to £600 prog tops and you will find that all the top Hibs collectors already have it, and bought it for considerably lower than that amount. Over the years, its been easier to find than the postponed home prog. seven flags!!! (my fave number.).
    It wasn’t that many years ago when I picked it up and it was quite a bit higher than £600.
    Between £800 to 1k is a realistic value IMO

Caveat Emptor

Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    It wasn’t that many years ago when I picked it up and it was quite a bit higher than £600.
    Between £800 to 1k is a realistic value IMO

You're obviously trying to Punt your Copy!!!! LOL .

You're obviously trying to Punt your Copy!!!! LOL . :
    Eh, no.

Small libation required

Eh, no.
    About time, for the three amigos to regroup for a small Libation, and perhaps peruse the current prices of Hibby Stuff!!!

Now, now top collectors! This was only ever meant to be a sub forum intended for collectors to have a blether. Post your rarities and let the rest of us envy you.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    I picked up a few rare ones a number of years back.

From 1888/89 i have Newcastle United v Hibernians which as far as i know is the first programme known to feature Hibs. Its a bit fragile given 131 years old & i have it framed.

From 1925/26 the first known (again as far as i know) home prog to have been printed was 22/8/25 against Killie. The good guys won 8-0 that day. From later that season i also have a single team sheet prog from an away game v Arsenal. I'm missing around another 40 from that season though so if anyone can help please let me know

In terms of more recent rare ones i posted above about the printers proof from the St J postponed in 1968. ETB may have more to add on this one one day . Also from 1985 a friendly i cant find record of away to Brightons Select on 28/7/85. Got this from our very own Hibeg at his usual knock down price. Not.

One of my favourites is the Gordon Smith testimonial v Man Utd. The programme itself it reasonably common but i have an original match report from the following day entitled 'Champions Clash - Hibs dazzle the men from Manchester' with a match report under the scoreline which was 7-3 to Hibs...

i'll try (again) to post some pics shortly..
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    I picked up a few rare ones a number of years back.

From 1888/89 i have Newcastle United v Hibernians which as far as i know is the first programme known to feature Hibs. Its a bit fragile given 131 years old & i have it framed.

From 1925/26 the first known (again as far as i know) home prog to have been printed was 22/8/25 against Killie. The good guys won 8-0 that day. From later that season i also have a single team sheet prog from an away game v Arsenal. I'm missing around another 40 from that season though so if anyone can help please let me know

In terms of more recent rare ones i posted above about the printers proof from the St J postponed in 1968. ETB may have more to add on this one one day . Also from 1985 a friendly i cant find record of away to Brightons Select on 28/7/85. Got this from our very own Hibeg at his usual knock down price. Not.

One of my favourites is the Gordon Smith testimonial v Man Utd. The programme itself it reasonably common but i have an original match report from the following day entitled 'Champions Clash - Hibs dazzle the men from Manchester' with a match report under the scoreline which was 7-3 to Hibs...

i'll try (again) to post some pics shortly..
    Cheeky git 😢. That one was a bargain. I wonder how much a dealer would have asked for it 😂

Left by mutual consent!

I got £70 recently (just realised the figure there ) for the 0-7 programme (mint). Didn't expect anything more really. Saw them go for £100+ in the past, but rare to see them go for that sort of figure now. I would say there are loads of other programmes above that on the Holy grail.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I still need to find the 21/5/16 programme at a reasonable price. There must be loads kicking about but whenever I see them on sale they always seem to be far too excessive.
    Mon the Hibs.

Well pal. Looks like one sold yesterday for £800 on eBay ! 😳

Well pal. Looks like one sold yesterday for £800 on eBay ! 😳

Probably bought by a Rich Barca Fan, wi money to burn!! (£950 down on the one we were talking about)

GGTTH

I know G, my point was that I estimated current value £800 to 1k. You were a bit lower 😀. I think it would be a new Hibs collector that bought it, not a Barca collector. There are not that many about for the value to drop to £500 or £600.
    It’s just like the 2016 Scottish Cup run. Numerous copies of most programmes were kicking about. Now the final appears to be £50 standard. ICT away and Hearts home are much rarer.
    Most Dealers don’t have copies so demand now exceeds supply.
    Europeans, friendlies and 2016 run will always be the most collectible issues.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I still need to find the 21/5/16 programme at a reasonable price. There must be loads kicking about but whenever I see them on sale they always seem to be far too excessive.
    I've got two. I bought as much as I could on the way out the ground. I'm not ready to sell yet as I'm keeping one of them obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    I've got two. I bought as much as I could on the way out the ground. I'm not ready to sell yet as I'm keeping one of them obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    A smart move. Wish I'd thought at the time!
    Mon the Hibs.

My dad got Jock Stein to autograph my Real Madrid programme. Must be worth a bit. The problem of course is authentication.

THAT Hearts game

If anyone is selling that 0-7 programme than I would love to buy it . For me thats the absolute pinnacle of programmes. I have never seen one on Ebay so to read that they are seen there at all is annoying. If anyone hears of one becoming available then please let me know.
    Oh and the 25th March 1969 game against Kilmarnock
    those two !