hibs.net Messageboard

Page 73 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3397

Thread: Rugby

We should have been more than 3 points up at half time, but poor execution cost us.

Then we should have been able to close the game out but poor discipline cost us.

Sadly that's pretty much the story of watching Scotland recently, particularly under Townsend.

We are a much better team with Russell at stand off, he lifts the performance of the whole team, but particularly the back, we just look so much more dangerous with him in the team. He might make mistakes sometimes, but that's because he is trying to make thing happen. There's no way Townsend can go back to Kinghorn now when Russell is fit and available, and if he does he should be out of a job.

The yellow card for Dempsey looked very harsh to me, I'm not convinced that it was deliberate, looked like it just hit his hand in the act of wrapping for the tackle. A scrum 5m out for a knock on with no yellow card would have seemed fairer. Having said that, when the footage was slowed right down for the replays it does look like he looked at the ball for a split second which maybe made the referee think that he knew what he was doing. At full speed there's no chance (IMHO) he looked at the ball and knocked it away deliberately. I have an issue with them using slow motion for incidents like this as you can misread situations when slowed down.

Edit: It's also clear to me that Stuart Hogg had the captaincy taken away from him for his horrendous hair. Man buns should be nowhere near a rugby pitch....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Same team other than 2 enforced changes with Gray and Watson both out. Redpath returns to the bench and Turner back for Ashman.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same team other than 2 enforced changes with Gray and Watson both out. Redpath returns to the bench and Turner back for Ashman.

Redpath should be in ahead of Sione IMO. A much better all-round player. Price back at 9 is also a poor shift - I thought White looked very good at 9 against the ABs.

It might also be my Edinburgh>Glasgow mentality too, but Fraser Brown really isn't anywhere near our best 2. But I appreciate Cherry is injured and McInally hasn't been in the best of form (due to not playing for the most part) recently.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Redpath should be in ahead of Sione IMO. A much better all-round player. Price back at 9 is also a poor shift - I thought White looked very good at 9 against the ABs.

It might also be my Edinburgh>Glasgow mentality too, but Fraser Brown really isn't anywhere near our best 2. But I appreciate Cherry is injured and McInally hasn't been in the best of form (due to not playing for the most part) recently.

Personally I’m not a fan of turner, I think mcinally and cherry are better players, and I also think ashman has looked excellent when he’s come off the bench.

agree about redpath, he should be in for me

Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Personally I’m not a fan of turner, I think mcinally and cherry are better players, and I also think ashman has looked excellent when he’s come off the bench.

agree about redpath, he should be in for me
    Agree on Redpath but I think Turner is ahead
    of Cherry, if not Mcinally. Especially considering Cherry’s age, he has a handful of caps and in his 30’s.

Having said that I’m maybe only saying that because Turner won me a first try scorer bet against Fiji
    Last edited by Mcbizz1998; 17-11-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Agree on Redpath but I think Turner is ahead
    of Cherry, if not Mcinally. Especially considering Cherry’s age, he has a handful of caps and in his 30’s.

Having said that I’m maybe only saying that because Turner won me a first try scorer bet against Fiji

i think mcinally may be close to finished as an international player, sadly, can’t seem to escape the recurring injuries. Cherry I think is a better player but his age is definitely a factor that makes it difficult to build round him for a significant period

Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

i think mcinally may be close to finished as an international player, sadly, can’t seem to escape the recurring injuries. Cherry I think is a better player but his age is definitely a factor that makes it difficult to build round him for a significant period
    Yeah think you are right on McInally. All our top Hookers are getting on tbh - Turner is 30, Cherry is almost 32, Mcinally 32 and Brown 33.

Ashman has a great opportunity to grab the jersey for years to come, only 22 and looks a real
    prospect.

Yeah think you are right on McInally. All our top Hookers are getting on tbh - Turner is 30, Cherry is almost 32, Mcinally 32 and Brown 33.

Ashman has a great opportunity to grab the jersey for years to come, only 22 and looks a real
    prospect

he does, made a positive impact both times he’s come off the bench in these matches. Possibly time to groom him into the starting role ahead of the World Cup?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    FT Wales 12 Georgia 13 ouch

watched the Italy v SA game, Italy matched them in the 1st half(13-18) but SA stepped up big time in the 2nd FT Italy 21 SA 63

Scotland 0 Argentina 3 after just 1 min+

actually it was 30 seconds

can't blame Townsend for that

great try Tuipolotu

7-3 11 mins

self inflicted, poor kicking Try Argentina 7-8

22 mins red card Argentina

Try Scotland

Try Scotland, con missed 19-8

Try Argentina 19-15

could do with Argentina going down to 13 :)

Try Scotland, russell misses another con

they do indeed go down to 13, at least for 10 minutes anyway

and now down to 12, for nine minutes at least

brilliant, 12 man Argentina score a try, can't make this up 24-22 that was actually quite funny

Try the brave 15 con good this time 31-22
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 19-11-2022 at 03:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Scotland are piss poor against 12 men.

poor scenes

Argentine no 8 should see yellow as well
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 19-11-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Scotland running riot now :) 45-22

50-22 con good 52-22

lol just couldn't keep them out, if that was us bombarding a team near the try line we would eventually muck up so well done Argentina 52-29

gawd i wish that lassie on the mic would stop her screaming at murrayfield games
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 19-11-2022 at 04:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Probably the worst game management I've ever seen from Scotland. At 15 v 12 we should have been looking to put on 20 points. Awful
    Russell played well, Graham is a total star and is why I love rugby. You don't have to be huge to be good.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Doesn’t count as it was against 14 men though.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    An entertaining game to close out our Autumn series. Yes, we maybe didn't capitalise when the Pumas were short handed but over the piece there were more positives than negatives.

I, for one, had previously doubted Finn Russell's commitment to the national team but he was absolutely outstanding - especially on the same day that his expectant wife was due to give birth. Hopefully any "differences"between him and Toony are a thing of the past and the hatchet has been well and truly buried.

NZ wide awake for Twickenham. Well ahead at HT.

6-22 that was a shocking attempt for a conversion lol

they needed that england were starting to get back in this
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 19-11-2022 at 05:44 PM.

that is never ever a try, 20 odd replays trying to finally think it's on the line when it wasn't it was held up, giving it as some kind of consolation

all blacks out of sight at 25-11 until that decision to award a try and now it's 25-25

and still the england fans boo when england kick it out

all blacks should be concerned at how they totally collapsed
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 19-11-2022 at 06:29 PM.

Fantastic effort by England I must admit.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I’ll be honest, I wanted England to play that and go for the win.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    We ended up routing them, but while there were plenty of positives, I have serious concerns. Ongoing discipline issues, look scared when we get near the goal-line and seem incapable of scoring tries by attrition. Finn was outstanding, Darcy Graham is rapidly becoming a world class winger, and Duhan was impressive today too.

Was pleased the red card didn't deter Argentina - I had a £10 on both teams to score a try in each half at odds of 3/1!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    We ended up routing them, but while there were plenty of positives, I have serious concerns. Ongoing discipline issues, look scared when we get near the goal-line and seem incapable of scoring tries by attrition. Finn was outstanding, Darcy Graham is rapidly becoming a world class winger, and Duhan was impressive today too.

Was pleased the red card didn't deter Argentina - I had a £10 on both teams to score a try in each half at odds of 3/1!
    Wow - that looked a great bet and it certainly was. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Probably the worst game management I've ever seen from Scotland. At 15 v 12 we should have been looking to put on 20 points. Awful
    Russell played well, Graham is a total star and is why I love rugby. You don't have to be huge to be good.
    I'd agree with that, although it was good to see us cut loose towards the end.

Great win for Georgia over Wales BTW.

France are looking like they are in tip top condition for next year's World Cup.

Australia have a raft of players out injured/not available for the game against Wales, surely the Welsh will stop the rot this time

Benetton 24 Edinburgh 17, Benetton played 70 mins with just 14

i don't expect Glasgow to get anything away to Leinster, FT 40-5

Wales v Australia just starting
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 26-11-2022 at 05:13 PM.

wow didn't expect that scoreline for Wales v Australia, i turned over when it was 34-13

34-39 i'll need to watch that one again on Prime

presently England 3 SA 11 after 34 mins

Pivac has got to go for me.

We've gone backwards since he's been in charge. Probably doesn't help that we have a team in a bit of transition at the moment but some shocking performances under him including losing at home to Italy in the last 6N and now losing home to Georgia and getting annihilated by the AB's. Were never goinf to beat the ABs but lets at least try to keep it competitive. Lost to Australia when we were in front as well when they have huge amount of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Pivac has got to go for me.

We've gone backwards since he's been in charge. Probably doesn't help that we have a team in a bit of transition at the moment but some shocking performances under him including losing at home to Italy in the last 6N and now losing home to Georgia and getting annihilated by the AB's. Were never goinf to beat the ABs but lets at least try to keep it competitive. Lost to Australia when we were in front as well when they have huge amount of injuries.
    Keep him til after Murrayfield. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk