hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 114 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Scotland playing some really nice stuff. 13-0 inside the opening 15 mins. Really nice teamwork for Toolis’ try

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    That’s another try for Scotland. Rory Hutchison with his 1st try.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I really like the look of Hutchison. Set piece not going well at the moment, need to sort that going into world cup

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    HT 23-3 Scotland

Done well. Really nice teamwork for the 2 tries and we have looked surprisingly really good in defence which I have been very critical of under Townsend. Was reading pre-match a little bit about Georgia as didn’t know a lot about them. Strong in the forward areas but poor in defence. I think we have nullified there forwards from gaining any sort of a rhythm and exploited that weak backline which we have opened up on a few occasions.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i do wish the Georgian rugby fans would stop with the booing, appreciate the rugby instead, maybe best keeping it at the six nations after all :)

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Rory Hutchison with another Scotland try. First time I have seen him play and he really has impressed me.

superb kick through by finn russell, try darcy graham

37-10

peter wright not happy with the georgian try

You can not do that. That's absolutely shocking. He [the referee] has pretty much let him play the ball for 20 seconds while he was on the ground then potentially force it into a position where it was going to be a try. You blow it up, go to the TMO. That's shocking.

Georgia making me look stupid. Their backs are awful.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Georgia making me look stupid. Their backs are awful.
    Was always going to be that way. I said it earlier in the thread in reply to you, if they had a set of backs they would be a dangerous team. Once our forwards got on top there was only ever one outcome. Thought Scotland played well upfront and once we did that we were always dangerous in the backs. Hopefully building up well to the WC kick off and no more injuries is good

We played well but I was really disappointed with Georgia, as were the locals as they didn't offer much and were barely in the game. Their fans didn't have much to cheer but made a good din when they scored, although they could learn a bit of etiquette by not booing kicks.

Great crack though and Tbilisi's a nice city. Cheap with plenty to do and great eateries, lovely wine and a perfect climate.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

just realised, Scottish Rugby and Scottish football teams both playing tonight.............only in ******* Scotland could this be organised, only Scotland

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Poor 1st half. Despite leading, we looked very complacent and a better team would easily have punished us.

2nd half was much better. Took our chances and defended well. Special mention to tonight’s MOTM - Darcy Graham. He was absolutely fantastic tonight and totally deserved the MOTM award!

Looking forward to the World Cup! Just want the boys to go out there and do us proud unlike our national football team!

P.S. Can’t stand that French referee. Some of his calls were utterly bewildering tonight. Could get a job with the SFA. Wouldn’t look out of place.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    We made hard work of the first 60 minutes. Penalty, followed handling error, followed penalty. You could tell it was a second string group, perhaps finding a rhythm with each other.

I agree, Graham was MOTM - threatened every time he had the ball, and his pace is such an asset. I hope Kinghorn and Toolis are both OK (especially as both a Scotland AND Edinburgh fan!).

In spite of the first hour, I thought we defended well. We never really looked threatened and aside from the stupid penalties, they didn't provide much danger.

The scrum was a painful thing to behold tonight - I think I counted 3 successful scrums the entire game!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    We made hard work of the first 60 minutes. Penalty, followed handling error, followed penalty. You could tell it was a second string group, perhaps finding a rhythm with each other.

I agree, Graham was MOTM - threatened every time he had the ball, and his pace is such an asset. I hope Kinghorn and Toolis are both OK (especially as both a Scotland AND Edinburgh fan!).

In spite of the first hour, I thought we defended well. We never really looked threatened and aside from the stupid penalties, they didn't provide much danger.

The scrum was a painful thing to behold tonight - I think I counted 3 successful scrums the entire game!
    I hope the injuries are nothing serious as it’s the last thing we need! Not just to both Kinghorn & Toolis but also to Ritchie, Thomson & Gray.

I agree with the scrums, they were a pain to watch. That bad, both teams ended up seeing a player sin binned towards the end of the first half because of one!
    Last edited by hfc rd; 07-09-2019 at 12:19 AM.

The All Blacks look outstanding in the build up to this WC, England impressive too.

What size was the crowd?

Was going to go but thought it was pretty pricey after paying for the France game.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    what size was the crowd?

Was going to go but thought it was pretty pricey after paying for the france game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Very healthy for a friendly against 'unglamorous' opposition. 21,000 more than were at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Very healthy for a friendly against 'unglamorous' opposition. 21,000 more than were at Hampden.
    Every picture tells a story .

Its a much more enjoyable and relaxed experience going to Murrayfield. And what's more the players seem more passionate .
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 07-09-2019 at 06:36 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Genuinely not surprised with the attendances at both Hampden & Murrayfield last night.

Shows you and I certainly don’t blame them that folk would rather go and watch a meaningless rugby friendly against an “average opponent” with Scotland fielding a very young / 2nd string side over the national football team who’s game had way more importance to it due to needing a win to stand any chance of qualifying automatically for Euro 2020.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Bradbury added to the squad as precautionary cover for Ritchie. Still don’t know if Ritchie will make it. Hope he’s fine as going to be a big blow if he doesn’t make it. Also awaiting further news on Kinghorn, Toolis, Thomson & Gray. Again, hope all 4 are fine.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 08-09-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Townsend said on the radio today Ritchie wouldn't be on the flight to Japan tomorrow but would fly out on Friday after tests/treatment. Confirmed (as you say) Bradbury added to squad and I hope he travels and gets a game as I think he's immense in the loose.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Townsend said on the radio today Ritchie wouldn't be on the flight to Japan tomorrow but would fly out on Friday after tests/treatment. Confirmed (as you say) Bradbury added to squad and I hope he travels and gets a game as I think he's immense in the loose.

Ahh, that’s ok then. Did he give any updates on the other 4 players that picked up injuries on Friday night against Georgia - Kinghorn, Toolis, Thomson & Gray?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    That's really cool.

I've got a feeling this is going to be a cracker of a tournament. Several teams could win it with others being more than capable of turning over a big gun on their day.

I'm genuinely excited about the Scotland team provided Gregor doesn't go all Ranieri with his team selections. Darcy Graham, Hogg and Maitland is an absolutely class back three.

Left by mutual consent!
    Looking forward to the World Cup kicking off, I think the All Blacks will win it but there will be some fantastic spectacles. I've got an each way bet on Josh Adams to finish top goalscorer @ 25-1 paying 7 places.

Adams recently moved to Cardiff Blues from Worcester due to a Welsh Rugby Union rule that if you have less than 60 caps and don't play for a team in Wales, you do not get selected for the national team.
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 14-09-2019 at 09:55 AM.

I might have a flutter on England though it pains me to say it.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    That's really cool.

I've got a feeling this is going to be a cracker of a tournament. Several teams could win it with others being more than capable of turning over a big gun on their day.

I'm genuinely excited about the Scotland team provided Gregor doesn't go all Ranieri with his team selections. Darcy Graham, Hogg and Maitland is an absolutely class back three.
    Yep, it’s definitely going to be good mate. I actually enjoy watching international rugby over international football. Got a few days booked off work to watch some of the action.

Personally can’t look past the All Blacks again this year to win it. They look very good in both the defence and attack. Possible 3 World Cup titles in a row is something I don’t think any nation will ever again pull off and is simply incredible if they pull off 3 in a row!

For Scotland, I think we will qualify alongside Ireland out of our group but our potential opponents for the QF are most likely going to be either New Zealand or South Africa (the two nations I am predicting to contest this year’s RWC final) which is most likely going to be a step too far but as you said, the Rugby World Cup is always capable of producing a major shock or two! One shock I’m predicting at this year’s RWC is that I’ve got a sneaky feeling Fiji could upset Wales by qualifying for the quarter finals along with Australia.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 15-09-2019 at 03:37 PM.