hibs.net Messageboard

Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 3399

Thread: Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder how many minutes of this game have been played during a Wales penalty advantage when everyone in the stadium knows its getting called back.
    Its such a crap rule. How can you play 30 yards and 3 phases and then pull it back. It's nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

As much as I try to watch these games, it just seems be a platform for a referee to blether his way through 80mins. Might be a good idea to mute them. Back to the fitba.

That's bollocks. Pointless if you're playing a ref too.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    How is it Russell gets binned but the Welsh boy gets nothing for the High Tackle? Joke of a performance by this referee, if I were Townsend I would be calling him out for that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    How is it Russell gets binned but the Welsh boy gets nothing for the High Tackle? Joke of a performance by this referee, if I were Townsend I would be calling him out for that
    Wales appear to be treated a bit like Rangers and Celtic - get loads of decisions their way. Think it was 3 red / yellow cards at good times last season then again today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Its such a crap rule. How can you play 30 yards and 3 phases and then pull it back. It's nonsense.

The advantage rule is a nonsense- the complete opposite of football where it’s also nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    The advantage rule is a nonsense- the complete opposite of football where it’s also nonsense.
    Agreed. 100%

I thought we were poor today, especially in the second half but the referee performance was woeful. I'm getting sick fed up of leaving the rugby discussing piss poor refereeing and **** rule changes.

They need to get back to playing the game and get away from micro managing every single phase of play. Don't even get me started on half the times TMO gets involved.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Agreed. 100%

I thought we were poor today, especially in the second half but the referee performance was woeful. I'm getting sick fed up of leaving the rugby discussing piss poor refereeing and **** rule changes.

They need to get back to playing the game and get away from micro managing every single phase of play. Don't even get me started on half the times TMO gets involved.

TMO sneakily got the ref to sin bin Russell - “just go back to the penalty” and the refs thinking “I said scrum so let me see it on the telly”

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    missed the first 7 mins of France v Ireland, France 10 Ireland 0, now France 10 Ireland 7 after 8 mins

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    The referee was atrocious. Compare to the ref in the France Ireland game - sensible decisions and not all about him. We seem to always get shafted against Wales. Not to mention probably the worst refereeing decision of all time against Australia in the WC.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Really think we were done by the ref yesterday. That yellow for FR was such a ***** decision. Advantage should last 2 phases and penalty advantage should only be applied within 5 meters of the line imo.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    When was the last time Scotland lost a 6 Nations game that it wasn't somehow the referee's fault in the eyes of Scotland supporters? It just feels like an easy excuse to fall back on when the team underperforms, as they did yesterday.

The kind of decisions being picked up on are tight calls that get let go constantly both ways in games, because if everything was called there would be next to no actual rugby played.

Scotland lost yesterday purely because they underperformed against a team they were stronger than on paper and really should have been beating. As a neutral viewer the refereeing was largely irrelevant to the outcome of the game.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Dont think the ref had a good game yesterday but the Russell yellow was the right decision. Our big players didn't step up unfortunately and that's why we lost. Russell, Hogg, Watson, Van der Merwe all were poor. Darcy Graham had a good game. First time I've not been down since 1998 and we just **** the bed down there for some reason, even when we should be beating them.

Forza Italia!

a fair assessment Six Nations 2022: Wales v Scotland - why Townsend's men lost in Cardiff - BBC Sport

It wasn't so much that Scotland lost, it was the way they lost. They played no rugby. The negativity in their play was arresting. They seemed to want to kick and defend their way to victory, they seemed so satisfied about the strength of their much-lauded defence that they didn't think they had to do a whole lot in attack to get the job done, that Wales would implode in the latter stages as England did last weekend.

we were dreadful in the 2nd 40
    much like the u20's the previous night, Scotland played very well but just couldn't get those extra points before HT, 2nd half...crap, did a couple of subs really make all that difference in which way the game was flowing, can we seriously not change things ourselves to make a difference, two days running we threw all the good early work away

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    a fair assessment Six Nations 2022: Wales v Scotland - why Townsend's men lost in Cardiff - BBC Sport

It wasn't so much that Scotland lost, it was the way they lost. They played no rugby. The negativity in their play was arresting. They seemed to want to kick and defend their way to victory, they seemed so satisfied about the strength of their much-lauded defence that they didn't think they had to do a whole lot in attack to get the job done, that Wales would implode in the latter stages as England did last weekend.

we were dreadful in the 2nd 40
    much like the u20's the previous night, Scotland played very well but just couldn't get those extra points before HT, 2nd half...crap, did a couple of subs really make all that difference in which way the game was flowing, can we seriously not change things ourselves to make a difference, two days running we threw all the good early work away

Russell had one of his sloppier games as well: the straight out restart, missing touch with a pen, getting charged down and topping it off with an interception attempt near his own line he was never going to make.

Watson our tomorrow as well now (Covid). Hell of an injury list now, Scotland seem to be like Hibs - no luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backed France for the grand slam. Not often I want Scotland beat but today the head wins over the heart.

4 shockingly bad tackles leading up to that try, keep playing like that and we'll get humped.

Looks like a proper thumping on its way here.

That's better.

How on earth have Scotland managed to mess that up.

Literally queuing up to score a try.

WTF Hogg jesus wept

More poor tackling for their try, shoulder but no arms, never stop anyone doing that.

lovely conversion

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I love seeing France playing like this.

How Scotland managed to mess up that walk-in try was amateur stuff.

Scotland should have went in ahead, but the lack of ability in tackling, and executing the basics, has come back to haunt them again.

Every year it's the exact same.

if their were still sports bloopers programmes on TV a clip of that Hogg **** up would be played quite often

kinda hoping the investors in the six nations don't get their way and admit South Africa at the expense of the Italians in a couple of years
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 26-02-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Referee has given France a lot of leeway for me, debatable yellow card from the clash with The French fullback jumping into the Scottish player’s head

hea also allowed France to hold their man in the air at lineouts, causing the Scottish forwards to concede a penalty when seeking to engage the maul. He finally warned them about doing it, then minutes later gave a penalty against Scotland for their man being engaged in the air after being held up by their pack

refs been poor for me