hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3399

Thread: Rugby

France grand slam.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Love the 6 Nations, favourite sporting event of the year.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Six nations back this weekend.

Apart from Italy all the teams are decent so should be a great tournament. Cant see us retaining the championship though. France look great as do Ireland. Scotland look best they have in while and England are always competitive.

Bring it on! Particularly looking forward to Wales France on a Friday night in Cardiff. Wish I was going!
    I can't wait for it to get going. Home game against England is a tough start, but our record recently against them is good. France and England with less than ideal preparation, but England looked strong during the recent Autumn Tests and will be confident going into this. I'd genuinely struggle to pick who I think will win it this year - we look good, but having to go away to Cardiff and Dublin and win is always a tall ask...

While I don't think Italy are going to be anywhere near competitors for the title, they're building a very good young side that could cause a lot more headaches than they perhaps have in previous years.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Good hundred or so Calcutta Cup tickets just went on sale for anyone not going to Hibs v St Mirren…

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    France deservedly starting as favourites. Playing well and play some of their toughest opponents at home. Scotland have a great fixture list with England and France at home and a trip to Cardiff on a year where Wales look out of sorts - win the first game and the whole tournament opens right up. Ireland are going well but have a poor fixture list, will be up against it to win more than three games. Italy to lose all five as usual.

A big couple of months coming up for Scottish sport - the current Scotland rugby and football teams will probably never have a better chance to win a 6 Nations and qualify for a football world cup than they'll get this year.

Going to be a good day hopefully a Scotland win, terrible weather and I’m out doing Uber at night so plenty money to be made😃

Gamer IDs

Wales looking completely ordinary here.

17-0 Ireland and Wales have scarcely gone into Ireland’s 22…

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Wales getting absolutely pummelled here.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    quite astonishing england aren't ahead yet

edit, they are now

only one side in this game

That try came from another not straight throw to the lineout.

Exciting match. England are more lightweight and speedy than they used to be.

Gamer IDs

Ben O’Keefe has been dreadful today as referee.

England deserve to be ahead but he’s been really poor.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    penalty try Scotland and yellow card for the english dude

MMmm should we have went for a lineout there instead of taking the three points

20-17

arrrggg hamish watson

penalty reversed, idiot we would have been out of sight i think

just 3 mins remaining, and now scotland give away another penalty ffs

finn russell misses touch

scottish knock-on fgs

they're gonna get a penalty aren't they

yassssssssssss

get a photo of that wee nyaff jones
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 05-02-2022 at 05:42 PM.

Makes you sick watching the crowd swigging out of beer cans & football fans can’t even drink alcohol in the concourse

Brilliant result! Well done Scotland. 💪

Left by mutual consent!
    Hoggy will have his head on the end of a pike by the end of the day. He waltzed off with the Calcutta cup to get some photos with the boys, whilst Annie was standing waiting to present it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Just finished watching it after getting back from Easter Road. Great result and a performance full of heart and effort and no little skill. Thank **** I saw some from one of my teams today.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Makes you sick watching the crowd swigging out of beer cans & football fans can’t even drink alcohol in the concourse
    That was quite unusual actually. Normally they dispense it into a plastic cup when you buy it but there were a few cans in the camera shots yesterday.

What a win that was. England will (rightly, if I'm honest) complain about the lack of a penalty at that third scrum reset, but their try to take the lead came from a line-out that wasn't straight and one of O'Keefe's errors.

A lot of ill-discipline from Scotland at the breakdown and work to be done before going to Cardiff next weekend, but a great start.

Was thoroughly impressed by Ireland yesterday and I suspect France will blow Italy away pretty easily today too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    That was quite unusual actually. Normally they dispense it into a plastic cup when you buy it but there were a few cans in the camera shots yesterday.

What a win that was. England will (rightly, if I'm honest) complain about the lack of a penalty at that third scrum reset, but their try to take the lead came from a line-out that wasn't straight and one of O'Keefe's errors.

A lot of ill-discipline from Scotland at the breakdown and work to be done before going to Cardiff next weekend, but a great start.

Was thoroughly impressed by Ireland yesterday and I suspect France will blow Italy away pretty easily today too.
    Just watched it again and the Scottish co commentator said the try came from "pin point accuracy at the lineout"
    Nonsense as we both know.

Gamer IDs

Italy giving a decent account of themselves here in Paris, but struggling to contain the French as we approach half time.

They're improving year on year with some of the new, young talent coming through their domestic teams and it's showing here.

18-10 France HT.
    Last edited by Sylar; 06-02-2022 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Quite a lot of the time they were opening the cans but we got a round closed which was handy.

Realistically in football I'd have a worry a full can would get lobbed into the away support, as with many things it's the behaviour of a few

Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    Just watched it again and the Scottish co commentator said the try came from "pin point accuracy at the lineout"
    Nonsense as we both know.
    It's a massive bug bear of mine that line outs and scrum feeds are meant to be straight down the middle but referees and linesmen, who are always standing in line with both the throw in and scrum feed, hardly ever punish a squint feed or throw. Add to this that a large amount of line outs and every single scrum feed is squint and it just makes a mockery of having "contested" line outs and scrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    It's a massive bug bear of mine that line outs and scrum feeds are meant to be straight down the middle but referees and linesmen, who are always standing in line with both the throw in and scrum feed, hardly ever punish a squint feed or throw. Add to this that a large amount of line outs and every single scrum feed is squint and it just makes a mockery of having "contested" line outs and scrums.
    As long as the ball is fed to one of the scrum half's front row it's not going to be punished. It's treated as an advantage to the team who were awarded the scrum. Get what you say about "contested" though.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    The put in to the scrum hasn't been policed for years, however they are still meant to throw in straight to the lineout. However, there were at least a couple on Saturday that were nowhere near straight, even called out by the commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    As long as the ball is fed to one of the scrum half's front row it's not going to be punished. It's treated as an advantage to the team who were awarded the scrum. Get what you say about "contested" though.
    Yeah I know that, it just really annoys me. Scrums are a mess to be honest and I think that part of this is that the teams know they don't have to hook, so can just concentrate on pushing knowing the scrum half is just going to throw the ball into their side of the scrum.

Mind you, the size and strength of the players has probably got too much for scrums to be at all successful nowadays.

Rugby is not my favorurite sport, and I’m not all that knowledgeable about it. I do like watching the 6 nations.

For some reason, I got into watching the highlights of 2019s 38-38 draw with England on you tube earlier. What an incredible spectacle, just an impossible unscriptable game. I was wondering how many Scotland rugby fans on here actually watched the whole 80 mins? If you’re anything like me against a big rival and you’re getting humped 31-0 you turn off the tv and go and make the tea I didn’t watch it that year, I was aware there’d been an exciting finish but hadn’t realized it was quite like that. Amazing.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Rugby is not my favorurite sport, and I’m not all that knowledgeable about it. I do like watching the 6 nations.

For some reason, I got into watching the highlights of 2019s 38-38 draw with England on you tube earlier. What an incredible spectacle, just an impossible unscriptable game. I was wondering how many Scotland rugby fans on here actually watched the whole 80 mins? If you’re anything like me against a big rival and you’re getting humped 31-0 you turn off the tv and go and make the tea I didn’t watch it that year, I was aware there’d been an exciting finish but hadn’t realized it was quite like that. Amazing.
    I was at the game. Believe me, if it wasn’t for the fact I was with my young step son, I’d have been back in the pub at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I was at the game. Believe me, if it wasn’t for the fact I was with my young step son, I’d have been back in the pub at half time.
    I'm fairly sure most of the TV viewers claiming to have seen most of that comeback are total liars

Gamer IDs

Alcohol helped! I'd probably have turned off had we not scored the try right before half time. As a Scotland fan in both football and rugby, I've learned to cling to every crumb

That's exactly what I did 😃