hibs.net Messageboard

Page 48 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3397

Thread: Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's to be 16,500 fans allowed into Murrayfield for the British and Irish Lions game - the game is completely sold out, so around 50k fans are going to be left disappointed with just refunds rather than the opportunity to see the Lions in person in Scotland.

We're out of the tier system by then - why are there still such massive limits then? We're seeing full stadia in other parts of the world - no reason whatsoever this couldn't have been a much bigger crowd.

No U14s allowed into the game either
    Going to the plan, which is looking less likely by the day, we'd be in L0 then I think? So it's 2000 by default unless you make a case for more. Seems like the SRU, unlike the SFA, have actually got their finger out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Didn't get near a Scotland season ticket this year - already have tickets for the 3 Autumn Tests, but was hoping to get a ST to see Scotland v England (a fixture I've never seen in rugby as I can never get tickets!).

Hopefully it'll be played in front of a full Murrayfield.
    My old dad and I used to attend the international matches in the sixties and seventies. What an atmosphere, especially when the Welsh were in town. Great days and great players like Andy Irvine.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    good news

Six Nations: Organisers agree in principle to continued BBC & ITV deal - BBC Sport

The Six Nations is set to stay on free-to-air TV after organisers reached an agreement in principle with the BBC and ITV to continue sharing coverage of the men's and women's tournaments.
    The four-year deal will run from 2022 to the end of the 2025 edition of the tournament, which has been free-to-air since 2003.

The BBC will broadcast all Scotland and Wales home Six Nations matches and the women's tournament. ITV will show all England, Ireland, Italy and France home games.
    There will also be coverage of the men's under-20s championship on the BBC.

i'm still not quite clear from that article what the investor is getting out of it,
    This year private equity company CVC agreed a deal worth £365m with the Six Nations.
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 21-05-2021 at 07:22 PM.

No, no, no...what are the Aussies doing to their rugby league. Cracking down on head contact is fine but the amount of sin bin offences happening is quickly turning it into a game of touch rugby.

Boy has just been binned for being 0.0001 second late when charging down a kick.

A farce. Stop ruining the game.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Anyone else heading to Murrayfield for the British and Irish Lions game against Japan tomorrow?

I initially had my tickets cancelled following the seating reduction, but was subsequently offered first dibs to buy tickets that had been returned by people who were successful and could no longer attend the game.

Really looking forward to seeing some live rugby in a stadium again for the first time in over 16 months!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Some performance from France so far v The Aussies, 15-0 after 23 minutes.

What a brilliant game, 23-21 for The Aussies in injury time.

Anyone else heading to Murrayfield for the British and Irish Lions game against Japan tomorrow?

I initially had my tickets cancelled following the seating reduction, but was subsequently offered first dibs to buy tickets that had been returned by people who were successful and could no longer attend the game.

Really looking forward to seeing some live rugby in a stadium again for the first time in over 16 months!
    Lions looking strong so far on tour. I was quite surprised it went ahead, but now that they're there hopefully they'll be able to play the Tests.

South Africa's match off tomorrow.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Lions looking strong so far on tour. I was quite surprised it went ahead, but now that they're there hopefully they'll be able to play the Tests.
    I hope so too. Things not looking great though.

We've looked good, but haven't really played anyone yet. Still, great to see so many Scots performing so well and prominently. Duhan was out of this world last night and Hamish Watson has been incredible!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I hope so too. Things not looking great though.

We've looked good, but haven't really played anyone yet. Still, great to see so many Scots performing so well and prominently. Duhan was out of this world last night and Hamish Watson has been incredible!
    And also great to see so many Scots making themselves pretty much guaranteed picks for the tour thanks to the pool of talent we now have at our disposal. For a good while it was the case that one or two might just about squeeze into the squad if we were lucky.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Some game for the Lions 31-52 up in 60 mins. Very open game almost a try every attack from both teams. Would imagine Springboks will like what they are seeing from the Lions in defence. Sharks down to 14 red card.

Magic entertainment. 26 each at ht, red card obviously ended the game as a contest. 31-71 ft

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    What a brilliant game, 23-21 for The Aussies in injury time.
    Another cracking match today. 28-26 for France.

Going to be a much sterner test tonight against South Africa 'A'. Only two Scots involved, Harris and on the bench Fagerson. KO 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Going to be a much sterner test tonight against South Africa 'A'. Only two Scots involved, Harris and on the bench Fagerson. KO 7pm.
    Looking forward to it, enjoying these Lions warm-up games so far.

Not enjoying it much so far.

The intensity of this series is going to be ridiculous, backing a red card in each game will give you a good interest.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Lions struggling. Plenty ball but not doing much with it. Shocker of a decision not to take a scrum when SA down to 13 men. Physicality of SA is incredible. Going to be a tough test serjes

From a Scottish point of view Harris is having a very good game again

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Lions struggling. Plenty ball but not doing much with it. Shocker of a decision not to take a scrum when SA down to 13 men. Physicality of SA is incredible. Going to be a tough test serjes
    Imo the Lions will continue to struggle the biggest saving grace the Lions have is South Africas in activity at international level the past 2 years. Think this Lions squad is as weak a Lions squad Ive seen. Cant see anything other than a 3-0 Springbok win They are very strong, the Lions far from our best

Surely a few players have played their way out of a test jersey tonight, and a few more removed themselves for consideration for certain positions

It was a poor performance last night and I don't think many of the team will start a test.

Murray is a poor choice of captain (compared to Hogg in the first game), Farrell has struggled and while the physicality of the Springboks was to be expected, the Lions took a while to adjust to it although the front five performed pretty well. Faletau and Navidi I don't think played well enough to justify a test selection and while Zammit was very good in the 6 Nations he hasn't quite shone yet and isn't anywhere near as dynamic as vdM.

Hogg, vdM, Price and Sutherland (whom I think has shone) start for the next game with Harris on the bench. Also it'll be interesting to see how the young fellow Smith plays given the rave reviews he's been getting.

Aus v France has been a great first half. I missed the first 5 so didn't see the red card but what a game since

That was a great game. Never a red card in a million years tho

Well that was a tremendous test series.

British Lions 49 The Stormers 3, good performance after a sluggish start.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    British Lions 49 The Stormers 3, good performance after a sluggish start.
    Much better tonight, cant say I know much about the opposition and what sort of team they had out, but the Lions played well tonight.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    That imo was a school boy error and probably showed a lack of clear decision making and leadership at the time, given how long it takes to get the decision there was loads of time to make the correct one. Think SA will overpower the Lions as their physicality can be off the scale. Was watching the Sky documentary Chasing the Sun and the episode I watched last night was excellent. Rassie Erasmus is some character and very inspirational.

Anyone any idea who is refereeing the tests?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    That imo was a school boy error and probably showed a lack of clear decision making and leadership at the time, given how long it takes to get the decision there was loads of time to make the correct one. Think SA will overpower the Lions as their physicality can be off the scale. Was watching the Sky documentary Chasing the Sun and the episode I watched last night was excellent. Rassie Erasmus is some character and very inspirational.

Anyone any idea who is refereeing the tests?
    Having watched all the games it's clearly a strategy decision to tap and go fro 5m out. Now I totally get that but at that pen it was the wrong decision as SA were a man short in the scrum and a man short in the backs.
    Dunno who the refs are but I imagine one French, one Aus and one NZ