hibs.net Messageboard

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 1,411 to 1,415 of 1415

Thread: Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's to be 16,500 fans allowed into Murrayfield for the British and Irish Lions game - the game is completely sold out, so around 50k fans are going to be left disappointed with just refunds rather than the opportunity to see the Lions in person in Scotland.

We're out of the tier system by then - why are there still such massive limits then? We're seeing full stadia in other parts of the world - no reason whatsoever this couldn't have been a much bigger crowd.

No U14s allowed into the game either
    Going to the plan, which is looking less likely by the day, we'd be in L0 then I think? So it's 2000 by default unless you make a case for more. Seems like the SRU, unlike the SFA, have actually got their finger out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't get near a Scotland season ticket this year - already have tickets for the 3 Autumn Tests, but was hoping to get a ST to see Scotland v England (a fixture I've never seen in rugby as I can never get tickets!).

Hopefully it'll be played in front of a full Murrayfield.
    My old dad and I used to attend the international matches in the sixties and seventies. What an atmosphere, especially when the Welsh were in town. Great days and great players like Andy Irvine.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    good news

Six Nations: Organisers agree in principle to continued BBC & ITV deal - BBC Sport

The Six Nations is set to stay on free-to-air TV after organisers reached an agreement in principle with the BBC and ITV to continue sharing coverage of the men's and women's tournaments.
    The four-year deal will run from 2022 to the end of the 2025 edition of the tournament, which has been free-to-air since 2003.

The BBC will broadcast all Scotland and Wales home Six Nations matches and the women's tournament. ITV will show all England, Ireland, Italy and France home games.
    There will also be coverage of the men's under-20s championship on the BBC.

i'm still not quite clear from that article what the investor is getting out of it,
    This year private equity company CVC agreed a deal worth 365m with the Six Nations.
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 21-05-2021 at 07:22 PM.

No, no, no...what are the Aussies doing to their rugby league. Cracking down on head contact is fine but the amount of sin bin offences happening is quickly turning it into a game of touch rugby.

Boy has just been binned for being 0.0001 second late when charging down a kick.

A farce. Stop ruining the game.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Tickets for the Lions game cancelled after the 'ballot'.

Yet fans who live in Wales, England, Italy, Ireland have all been tweeting about their delight that their tickets are still being honoured.

Absolute ****ing joke that local tickets weren't prioritised like all other test events!!!!!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.