hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

Gee thanks, Samoa

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    FFS, Samoa why did you not just kick it out and go for a lineout at the halfway line if you wanted to try and get a losing bonus point?! So stupid going for the scrum, 5 metres out from your own try line!

Even if we get the bonus point win against Russia, it’s still in Japan’s hands and I just can’t see us beating them by more than 7 points with 4 tries. Plus they also have the advantage of having more time to prepare for the game than we do.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 05-10-2019 at 12:35 PM.

I think if we get a BP win against Russia and improve our points difference by +23 then we “only” have to win and stop Japan getting the losing bp.

It’s possible but Samoa just putting the bloody ball out would’ve helped!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS, Samoa why did you not just kick it out and go for a lineout at the halfway line if you wanted to try and get a losing bonus point?! So stupid going for the scrum, 5 metres out from your own try line!

Even if we get the bonus point win against Russia, it’s still in Japan’s hands and I just can’t see us beating them by more than 7 points with 4 tries. Plus they also have the advantage of having more time to prepare for the game than we do.
    Mental decision.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm still optimistic we'll do whatever needs to be done against Japan and go thru. Or maybe that's the whisky speaking now.😁

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'm still optimistic we'll do whatever needs to be done against Japan and go thru. Or maybe that's the whisky speaking now.😁

Pass some of that whisky over here mate! 😁

@hibs.net private member
    Pass some of that whisky over here mate! 😁
    I think we can beat them next week as well. We can’t be as bad again as we were against Ireland and I’m not convinced Japan can be as good as they were against Ireland.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i didn't watch the japanese against ireland so i've no idea how good they were, but samoa showed today they can be got at and i'm now slightly more confident we can beat them, having said that it's the scottish way that we will beat them but somehow it just won't be enough to go through

We'll **** it up against Russia and then destroy Japan in typical Scottish fashion.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Australia vs Uruguay - Australia got back to winning ways with a comfortable 45-10 victory against Uruguay. I thought Uruguay did give a good account of themselves early on but eventually tired and lapses of concentration let them down. Despite the scoreline, I felt Australia’s performance was a little lethargic by their standards. You can tell by MC’s their were some parts they done well and others which were making him very uneasy! Overall, they got the win, which is all that matters.

England vs Argentina - I thought early stages Argentina were making a real good game of this until the red card in the 18th minute for Argentina’s Tomas Lavanini, which for me ended the game as a contest. England pretty much ran away with it from there and officially became the first team in the 1/4 finals.

Japan vs Samoa - As you can see from my comments earlier, I ain’t happy one bit with why Samoa decided to go for a scrum at the end! What on God’s earth were they stupid idiots thinking? That bonus point for Japan could be massive! Take nothing away, when Japan are playing at their very best, they look very good outfit but in the 1st half half, I felt Samoa dome pretty well and were only trailing by 7 points and had only conceded just 1 try. They didn’t let the Japanese get into any sort of a rhythm like you seen against the Irish. Overall Japan deserved the win and with 10 mins to go, I was very happy that Samoa had somewhat kind of frustrated them until the last 5 mins of the match when the Japanese scored two tries and sent their whole nation wild. Over to Scotland now...

Tomorrow (well later this morning) we have New Zealand vs Namibia and France vs Tonga
    Last edited by hfc rd; 05-10-2019 at 11:33 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    watched this one, namibia gave a good account of themselves and even led for a few mins :)...until the 2nd half when the floodgates opened, as expected, jordie barrett playing his first game as a number 10....all 6ft 5" of him
    Didn’t see any of the games yesterday as had a bit too many bevvies on Saturday night. Was out for the count on Sunday morning. Just watched highlights of both matches and thought the following:

France vs Tonga looked a really good game to watch. Tonga gave it as as good as they got. France always have a habit of pulling off a result at a World Cup and the game against mostly likely Wales in the quarters could go either way.

New Zealand vs Namibia - who would have thought half an hour into the game that the scoreline would read New Zealand 10-9 Namibia? I certainly wouldn’t have predicted that. 2nd half, as you said cabbageandribs1875, the floodgates opened and New Zealand just ran riot, playing some scintillating rugby that we are so accustomed to seeing from the All Blacks. Must have got a kick up the backside from Steve Hansen at HT!

Tomorrow it’s South Africa vs Canada.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 07-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.

typhoon possibly hitting the area where ireland play samoa on saturday, they need a bonus point to make sure of qualifying, any games cancelled are automatically given a scoreless draw, the name of the typhoon is 'Typhoon Hagibis' i'm convinced Hagibis is related to Haggis....the stars/weather whatever are aligning see you in the final All Blacks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49959221

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    typhoon possibly hitting the area where ireland play samoa on saturday, they need a bonus point to make sure of qualifying, any games cancelled are automatically given a scoreless draw, the name of the typhoon is 'Typhoon Hagibis' i'm convinced Hagibis is related to Haggis....the stars/weather whatever are aligning see you in the final All Blacks

Couldn’t have timed this any better! 😁👍🏾

@hibs.net private member

Any idea what happens if a typhoon hits during the knockout stages? Not much point calling it a scoreless draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Any idea what happens if a typhoon hits during the knockout stages? Not much point calling it a scoreless draw?
    I believe if it's called off before half time then the game is replayed, if after half-time then the result stands.

If the replay can't take place in the next 2 days, then ...

The sequential criteria to decide the victor is as follows:

The team with the most match points from the pool phase (applicable in quarter-finals and semi-finals).
    The team which has the best points difference in all their tournament matches.
    The team which has the best difference between tries for and tries against in all their tournament matches.
    The team which has scored most points in all their tournament matches.
    The team which has scored most tries in all their tournament matches.
    Where all criteria above are not able to determine a winner, the team that is higher ranked in the official World Rugby Rankings at the time the match is scheduled to be played.

If the World Cup final is cancelled and criteria two to five cannot determine a winner, the two teams will be declared joint winners.

oh, there's more, if the match is abandoned at half-time or later and the current score is a draw then ...

the following sequential criteria apply:

The team which scored most tries in the match.
    The team with the most match points from the pool phase.
    The team which has the best points difference in all their tournament matches.
    The team which has the best difference between tries for and tries against in all their tournament matches.
    The team which has scored most points in all their tournament matches.
    The team which has scored most tries in all their tournament matches.
    Where all criteria above are not able to determine a winner, the team that is higher ranked in the official World Rugby Rankings at the time the match is scheduled to be played.

Again, if the final is abandoned and criteria one to six cannot determine a winner, the two teams will be declared joint winners.
    Last edited by JeMeSouviens; 08-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Didn't see the game but was it not a free kick Samao got rather than a penalty, if so kicking it out would have finished the game as was in added time. Gregor was giving it large yesterday link to article below about the ref penalising the Samoans for a crooked feed in the scrum which apparently is now unheard of at this level so sounds like Japan being giving a helping hand at the most crucial of times. Bearing in mind Scotland got done over at the last world cup wouldn't altogether rule out the same happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49959867

Taking a bit of a risk tomorrow with 14 changes and no Hogg or Russell on the bench as Russia have been pretty good and very physical. Hope this confidence in the squad pays off with a much needed bonus point win.

The super typhoon is now threatening our game v Japan. Very convenient for the Japanese if that happens!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I believe if it's called off before half time then the game is replayed, if after half-time then the result stands.

If the replay can't take place in the next 2 days, then ...

oh, there's more, if the match is abandoned at half-time or later and the current score is a draw then ...

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    South Africa vs Canada - A predictably one sided 1st half is the best way to describe that 1st half. Every time South Africa attacked, they just seemed to score try after try. 2nd half Canada did not too bad and scored the opening try of the 2nd period but every man and their dug knew it was nothing more than a mere consolation. The Springboks finished off the 2nd period and their group campaign by scoring 3 tries in that 2nd period (10 in total).

Tomorrow (this morning) we have 3 games:-

Argentina vs USA
    Scotland vs Russia - C’MON Scotland!!!!
    Wales vs Fiji

スコットランドに来て

16k local school kids bussed in to cheer on scotland :)

no Finn Russell, stuart hogg, jonny gray or greig laidlaw

try and conversion Hastings 13 mins

7-0
    Hastings again 18 mins...
    double try and conversion...Hastings 14 Russia 0

interception at Russian line out, try Horne 22 mins, converted

21-0....... HT
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 09-10-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Playing with, for Scotland, confidence, though I won't stop keeching myself till we get the fourth try. Thought 'Hairboi' had overcooked it for one of his tries but he's playing well.

4th try 45 mins, converted

28-0

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great pace from Graham, bonus point in the bag...phew

51 mins 35-0

20 of those for hastings

same scoreline oirland beat the russians

seymour in the corner 40-0...lovely conversion from hastings 42-0

i honestly think we're safe in this game

58 mins george horne hat-trick try 47-0, hastings misses conversion, get him off boooo

huge muck up with a forward pass for that try, surely the TMO notices it ? just about to take the kick and finally noticed, chalked off
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 09-10-2019 at 08:42 AM.

pleased for john barclay getting a try

75 mins 54-0

77 mins try 59-0.....converted 61-0

and yet another forward pass again with hastings in for the try, pass the ball backwards boys, backwards, even i could do it :(

but anyway, well done scotland, japan beware :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 09-10-2019 at 09:04 AM.

I think we’ve got this.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Scotland - SENSATIONAL 😁

Bring on Japan!

55 years since Scotland have went two successive games without losing a point

that doesn't happen often in modern day rugby

Before the Samoa and Russian matches I thought we'd end up going out due to bonus points but all credit to the team, they have steamrollered Samoa and Russia.

Very confident going into the match vs Japan which is a feeling I don't like having