hibs.net Messageboard

Page 74 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 3397

Thread: Rugby

Got the six nations tickets sorted this morning. Prices are ridiculous and they have the cheek to add a £1 "admin" fee per ticket.

However, I, and many others pay it so I'm to blame...

Anyway, here's to more fumbles at the 5 yard line, poor discipline and the odd ridiculously good performance to win a game we didn't expect.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It's a sell out crowd tonight for Edinburgh v Munster, I'm looking forward to this one. Nice tribute to Doddie before kick off.

Half time:- Edinburgh 17 Munster 14.

Final score :- Edinburgh 17 Munster 38.

A very disappointing second half performance from Edinburgh, far too many unforced errors im perfect conditions. Munster were a transformed team in the second half and won the physical battle with some ease.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Final score :- Edinburgh 17 Munster 38.

A very disappointing second half performance from Edinburgh, far too many unforced errors im perfect conditions. Munster were a transformed team in the second half and won the physical battle with some ease.
    I was photographing the game for my Agency and it was a tough gig. Very poor performance by Edinburgh littered with errors and Darcy getting injured seemed to suck the life out of them. I took in the Heriots v Stirling women's game yesterday at Goldenacre and I think both sides handled the ball better than their professional counterparts the evening before. Women's Rugby has came so far in the last five or so years since I started photographing it.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've never actually saw this guy play but does Scotland need another scrum-half, especially a 32 year old one ? Ulster star John Cooney considering switching allegiance to Scotland from Ireland - Irish Mirror Online if anything it would at least increase competition i guess

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i've never actually saw this guy play but does Scotland need another scrum-half, especially a 32 year old one ? Ulster star John Cooney considering switching allegiance to Scotland from Ireland - Irish Mirror Online if anything it would at least increase competition i guess

not sure I like these new rules, international sport shouldn’t be pick and mix, especially if you’ve already been capped several times

on another note, I see Gatland has went back to the wales job, pivac out, unsurprisingly

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    He's one of the best scrum-half's in Ireland in my opinion, but the age is definitely a concern.

I really enjoyed the first half on Friday night...I enjoyed the second half too, but that was mostly because I'd arsed about 3 of the mulled rums that were being served at the Uhuru truck - gained massive husband points by slapping away a kick to touch from Carbery that was going right at my wife's head.

Like Jimmy, I secured 4 tickets for the Wales game - looking forward to the atmosphere and the soiree into the toon afterward with the Welsh fans. I have seriously low expectations for the 6Ns, so any win is a bonus!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    not sure I like these new rules, international sport shouldn’t be pick and mix, especially if you’ve already been capped several times

on another note, I see Gatland has went back to the wales job, pivac out, unsurprisingly
    agree i think it's under the residency rules thing ? used to just be grandparents and now includes if a player has played in that country for three years, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    He's one of the best scrum-half's in Ireland in my opinion, but the age is definitely a concern.

I really enjoyed the first half on Friday night...I enjoyed the second half too, but that was mostly because I'd arsed about 3 of the mulled rums that were being served at the Uhuru truck - gained massive husband points by slapping away a kick to touch from Carbery that was going right at my wife's head.

Like Jimmy, I secured 4 tickets for the Wales game - looking forward to the atmosphere and the soiree into the toon afterward with the Welsh fans. I have seriously low expectations for the 6Ns, so any win is a bonus!

you will know more about his playing than i do, it was just the age thing for me as well, i can understand the player wanting more involved in international games, it would certainly give Ali price a little extra skip in his pace you would think, but i'm probably being biased because for one reason only, just the one, i've always criticised how much he tends to slow things down at the breakdown, i'm quite possibly wrong and maybe it's been coached/asked of him to play that way.

England coach Eddie Jones sacked

bubye wee man

agree i think it's under the residency rules thing ? used to just be grandparents and now includes if a player has played in that country for three years, i think

you will know more about his playing than i do, it was just the age thing for me as well, i can understand the player wanting more involved in international games, it would certainly give Ali price a little extra skip in his pace you would think, but i'm probably being biased because for one reason only, just the one, i've always criticised how much he tends to slow things down at the breakdown, i'm quite possibly wrong and maybe it's been coached/asked of him to play that way.
    Cooneys dad's Scottish, appeared to move to Dublin for his work. Cooney qualifies because his last Ireland cap was over 3 years ago. A rule introduced really to help tier 2 countries

Cooney is very well thought of at Ulster, greatkicker, removes that worry if Kinghorn plays at 10. Seems the issues with Ireland have revolved around Sexton and Sexton. Would be handy to have him for rwc next year. Don't think he'd be in the frame much after.
    Last edited by The dalmeny; 06-12-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Gatland back as Wales head coach.

Interesting to see how he gets on after a disastrous stint at the chiefs. Also no Sean Edwards this time either.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    England coach Eddie Jones sacked

bubye wee man
    A really nice guy. I met him in Liverpool when we were staying in the same hotel as the England Rugby squad.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Cooneys dad's Scottish, appeared to move to Dublin for his work. Cooney qualifies because his last Ireland cap was over 3 years ago. A rule introduced really to help tier 2 countries

Cooney is very well thought of at Ulster, greatkicker, removes that worry if Kinghorn plays at 10. Seems the issues with Ireland have revolved around Sexton and Sexton. Would be handy to have him for rwc next year. Don't think he'd be in the frame much after.
    i would like to think if he does change that he will be competition for few years more, if he's only really wanting that shot of playing at a WC then disappears not long after i'd be fair peeved for Ali Price losing his place just for a short duration, i think he needs to make up his mind pretty quickly if he wants to be involved for our six nations games, if he's still not made up his mind in time for that then i hope price keeps his spot for the WC

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    A really nice guy. I met him in Liverpool when we were staying in the same hotel as the England Rugby squad.

i think he did enjoy rubbing up opposition fans the wrong way, usually quite ungracious after a defeat either the opposition or the referees fault

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

i think he did enjoy rubbing up opposition fans the wrong way, usually quite ungracious after a defeat either the opposition or the referees fault
    I get that, think of Lennon in a football setting and then how he is away from the game. Jones was happy to chat with me even though this was shortly after he was abused by 2 Scots.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I get that, think of Lennon in a football setting and then how he is away from the game. Jones was happy to chat with me even though this was shortly after he was abused by 2 Scots.

ach just banter

Darcy Graham out until at least February

in great form as well

in great form as well
    Aww ffs. Hopefully he'll make the 6 nations but it'll be tough.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

in great form as well
    Still angry it wasn't even looked at by the TMO - a quite deliberate and malicious act from an Ireland player doing his job ahead of the Six Nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Still angry it wasn't even looked at by the TMO - a quite deliberate and malicious act from an Ireland player doing his job ahead of the Six Nations.
    I totally agree.

Steve Brorthwick confirmed England head coach. First game against us at Twickers. Think he will be a big success for them unfortunately.

So, Russell to Bath confirmed for next season. Will be an interesting move for him.

Obviously makes sense financially and it’s amazing that Scotland now have the best paid player in the world, something we can’t have been able to say before. Bath are a massive club and been underachieving, but making some really good signings. Lawrence, Barberry, Du Toit and now Russell - they should be a different animal by the time Finn joins them.

Excited to see him week in week out on TV, him and Redpath as the 10/12 axis as well - should be good news from a Scotland perspective.

dammit forgot the return 1872 game tonight at Murrayfield

HT 20-12

Glasgow won last week 16-10

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    dammit forgot the return 1872 game tonight at Murrayfield

HT 20-12

Glasgow won last week 16-10
    25000 in attendance as well

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    25000 in attendance as well

good crowd only watched the 2nd half but not surprised they haven't added to those 20 points

and another Glasgow try 20-29, 18 points without reply
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 30-12-2022 at 08:11 PM.

Gamer IDs

Better team won, but I'm worried for the rest of our season - we're in a losing habit just now and Blair doesn't seem to have any answers.

A lot of talented individuals in the squad just now, but many of whom aren't giving 100%.

Credit to Glasgow - they wanted it more second half (though I'd really like to see their try to get it back to 20-19 again, as it looked like a forward pass to me).

A great second half performance from the Warriors and they thoroughly deserved their victory. Edinburgh were in command for about 30mins in the first half but didn't capitalise and they ended up paying the penalty. The Warriors simply looked "more up for it" while the Edinburgh heads definitely dropped in the second half.

Great entertainment though!

Rugby

Edinburgh were very poor last night, Glasgow not that much better but executed 2 really good tries. Overall disappointing to lose twice to them as if we have any aspirations for this side then we should be able to beat that Glasgow team.

On a more positive note I was in hospitality for the game, really enjoyable experience. Scott Hastings and Stuart Mcinally spoke before the game and Mark Bennett came straight off the pitch in his kit to speak after the game. The room was filled with ex-players - John Jeffrey, Hastings brothers, Ian Milne, Duncan Hodge, Andy Irvine.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Edinburgh were very poor last night, Glasgow not that much better but executed 2 really good tries. Overall disappointing to lose twice to them as if we have any aspirations for this side then we should be able to beat that Glasgow team.

On a more positive note I was in hospitality for the game, really enjoyable experience. Scott Hastings and Stuart Mcinally spoke before the game and Mark Bennett came straight off the pitch in his kit to speak after the game. The room was filled with ex-players - John Jeffrey, Hastings brothers, Ian Milne, Duncan Hodge, Andy Irvine.
    Sounds awesome! I was in the Clubhouse before the game for the first time, and thought that was great. A few players kicking about in there too (Chris Dean, Damien Hoyland, Pierce Phillips) and I had a smashing Schoeman Steak Pie!

Gamer IDs

Cracking acquisition for Edinburgh, securing the services of stand-off Ben Healy from Munster!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64165347

Some competition for Kinghorn can only be a good thing - I don't want that to sound like I'm piling on to Blair - I think he's a good rugby player, but he's not been particulary effective at 10 for either club or country lately - his tackling is abysmal and he shirked a few of them against Glasgow in the 1872.

Hopefully Healy can improve him - it probably does mean the end of van de Walt's time in Edinburgh, which is a shame - he's not been treated particulary well by Edinburgh and deserved more opportunity IMO.