hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Just watched Joe Schmidt’s post match interview. Looks like he will be announcing on Monday that he will be leaving judging by that. Huge blow for Ireland as he’s a terrific coach.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Russell needs to play at stand off as he isn't a centre. He can be frustrating at times but he is the best we have. I thought our tactics were poor throughout the autumn and we kicked away possession too often. Very important 6 nations coming up. The plus for me lately is that we now have a few decent front row combinations whereas a couple of years ago we were really struggling there.

Ireland are world no ones. Hurrah! I'm sure they'll suffer for it once the All Blacks get their act together.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Cracking game tonight at Murrayfield and an excellent atmosphere too. Edinburgh really played some fast, expansive rugby and boy are we mean defensively!

Decent crowd at the game too, on what was a great night for rugby.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I was at ER but tuned in to see the last 35mins. Through local connections I'm an avid Warriors fan so was disappointed to witness yet another dismal performance against Edinburgh at Murrayfield. The Warriors are their own worst enemy at times, more talented than Edinburgh imo but of no use unless they can prove it .

No Hibs for a few weeks so back to watching Musselburgh in National League 1. Incredible win last week in Glasgow by a point , first time Burgh have ever won against GHA away in their history!!!

Massive game at home on Saturday v Gala, really looking forward to it

Currently 5 points behind the league leaders, so still a chance of winning the league although I think Marr are just too strong

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Hibs for a few weeks so back to watching Musselburgh in National League 1. Incredible win last week in Glasgow by a point , first time Burgh have ever won against GHA away in their history!!!

Massive game at home on Saturday v Gala, really looking forward to it

Currently 5 points behind the league leaders, so still a chance of winning the league although I think Marr are just too strong
    Lost a couple of games before Christmas that could be costly in the end. Doing really well though.

How did you get into watching them?

Aye, the 2 recent losses were tough, but Marr at home and Aberdeen away were always going to be difficult. Balanced up a bit by winning in Glasgow though !
    7 games left to play with 4 winnable homes and 3 aways v relegation candidates.

It would be good to know WTF is going to happen with league reconstruction next season though
    I reckon the top 4 or 6 will join up with the remaining Premiership clubs. If Burgh can play league matches v the likes of Hawick next season then that would be amazing.

I got into watching them because one of my lads plays for them. Honestly find it more entertaining this season than going to ER !!

Big rugby year now.

6 nations is in a few weeks then roll on world cup.

Fantastic win for Edinburgh in Toulon tonight! Toulon not the force they once were but even so, Edinurgh only the 3rd team to win there in Europe. A few tricky moments in the 1st half bit totally dominated the second. Bill Mata's offload for the 3rd try was outrageous!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    watched it, hope they get a decent crowd next friday against montpellier

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    watched it, hope they get a decent crowd next friday against montpellier
    Absolutely! Playing some great rugby this year in general and we deserve a decent support.

Can't wait to next Friday now - should be a cracker at Murrayfield under the lights!

Fantastic performance from Edinburgh tonight. They totally dominated play in the second half and ran out deserved winners. I hope they get a good turnout at Murrayfield on Friday night and go on to top their group.

Praise indeed from an avid Warriors fan.!

😁

@hibs.net private member
    Good 5 point win for Glasgow today. In with a shout of a QF as well although apparently it could be an all Scottish QF if things go as well all hope next weekend. That’d be a cracker and obviously mean a Scottish team in the semi.

Come on Edinburgh. Been a few times this year, they are superb under cockers.

Bring on Friday, can't wait.

I tell you what, Edinburgh are a properly good rugby side now. Nothing lucky about that win tonight, thoroughly deserved. What a job Cockerill's done.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Absolutely! Playing some great rugby this year in general and we deserve a decent support.

Can't wait to next Friday now - should be a cracker at Murrayfield under the lights!

great 19-10 win tonight, lost a wee bit momentum with hamish watson going off with an injury after 30 mins, hope he's ok, very nearly a scary last 3 minutes if that boy had collected for the interception, home QF

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Edinburgh with a fantastic win tonight over Montpellier in front of just under 12000 folk. Home champions cup quarter final draw. Great stuff

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    great 19-10 win tonight, lost a wee bit momentum with hamish watson going off with an injury after 30 mins, hope he's ok, very nearly a scary last 3 minutes if that boy had collected for the interception, home QF
    Suspected break/fracture of his hand. Hope he’s ok for the 6N but looking unlikely.

Great win and brilliantbtaht both Scottish teams through to the QF.

Cockerill seems to think it’ll be Munster it Exeter in the QF (depends on tomorrow’s result).

Is the QF draw open? Could Edinburgh get Glasgow?

Gamer IDs

Bloody freezing cold night at Murrayfield, which perhaps helped. Just arrived back home and I think the car journey just about warmed me back up!

So deserving of the win. Darcy Graham is well deserving of his international call up - he was, once again, outstanding!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Is the QF draw open? Could Edinburgh get Glasgow?
    It’s seeded - I think it’s 1v8, 2v7,3v6 and 4v5.

The top 4 group winners are guaranteed a home QF. Not sure if they can play each other - that was mentioned by John Barclay on tv last week but this week it’s not been said and Cockerill was suggesting it’ll be Munster or Exeter.

The TV guys were saying that the attendance was 12,000 which is respectable but dwarfed in a stadium the size of Murrayfield. Hopefully it will not be too long before Edinburgh Rugby get their own purpose built stadium as the atmosphere in a ground which is more suited to their needs will be so much better.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    The TV guys were saying that the attendance was 12,000 which is respectable but dwarfed in a stadium the size of Murrayfield. Hopefully it will not be too long before Edinburgh Rugby get their own purpose built stadium as the atmosphere in a ground which is more suited to their needs will be so much better.

Are they not building a “Mini Murrayfield” next to the West stand? Definitely agree with you that Edinburgh deserve their own home ground.

Fantastic result last night and well deserved victory. Cockers has done a phenomenal job at Edinburgh and long may it continue! It’s good to see both Scottish clubs doing well domestically and on the European stage as well. It’s good for national team. Only downside from last night was Hamish Watson going off injured. Hope it ain’t nothing serious!

When is the draw for the quarter finals? Can’t seem to find it anywhere! Definitely will be planning on going along and cheering on the Burgh!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Are they not building a “Mini Murrayfield” next to the West stand? Definitely agree with you that Edinburgh deserve their own home ground.

Fantastic result last night and well deserved victory. Cockers has done a phenomenal job at Edinburgh and long may it continue! It’s good to see both Scottish clubs doing well domestically and on the European stage as well. It’s good for national team. Only downside from last night was Hamish Watson going off injured. Hope it ain’t nothing serious!

When is the draw for the quarter finals? Can’t seem to find it anywhere! Definitely will be planning on going along and cheering on the Burgh!
    There’s no draw - it’s based on the qualifying rank.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    There’s no draw - it’s based on the qualifying rank.

Ahh right , I didn’t know. Who are we then most likely to play in the quarter finals?

Ahh right , I didn’t know. Who are we then most likely to play in the quarter finals?
    They suggested it would be either Munster or Exeter.

Hamish Watson seems to have broken a bone in his hand. He was heading for an assessment today.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

They are ‘building’ a wee stadium on the back pitches. It’ll only hold 8000 and is basically 4 make-shift stands like behind the goal at Inverness & Ross County. Not sure I’d call it a mini Murrayfield. Missed opportunity IMHO.

GIRUY alert

Am I correct that it was the English and French rugby authorities who forced the changes to rugby's elite European competition. These were designed to increase the number of their teams participating in the competition thereby increasing their chances to win it.

For the current competition, it looks like in the Quarter Finals there will be:

1 English team out of 7 who qualified to the group stage
    2 French teams out of 6 ditto
    3 Irish teams our of 3 ditto
    0 Welsh teams out of 2 ditto
    2 Scottish teams out of 2 ditto

That worked out well for the English and teams rugby authorities - GIRUY guys

@hibs.net private member
    Edinburgh at home to Munster and Glasgow away (again) to Saracens.

Tough ties - if it goes how we hope it’ll be Glasgow v Edinburgh in the semi...