hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 114 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Rugby

Great day of rugby today for those who enjoy their sportsmen to just get on with playing and not pretending to be injured😀 Just watched NZ cuff France, now Australia v Ireland, England v SA later, Scotland in Canada in the wee small hours. Alloa Rugby Club ball tonight as well. Will most likely watch Scotland tomorrow while nursing a hangover. Paris sevens on as well

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Interesting case here in Scottish rugby. Ex director of Domestic rugby and Finn Russell's dad wins tribunal case for wrongful dismissal describing SRU environment as toxic. Quite bizarre.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/rugby-...mpression=true

I thought France were unfortunate to lose Fall so early. I don't think it was a red. They fought bravely despite it but it was a pretty scrappy affair.

Didn't see France v NZ and just back to see the start of 2nd half of SA v England. Boks looking strong, England missing lots of tackles. This SA side were awful just a few months ago. Argentina v Wales could be good later

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Stayed up a bit later than I would normally, to catch the USA-Scotland game.

Early into the second half and the US showing up well. Strong and athletic, but sometimes a bit too eager which leads them into problems with high tackles or offside.

Their hooker has been outstanding offensively.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    £30 on USA @ 10/1....

pheewww missed conversion, as expected

30-29 USA

£330 thank ya very much, Scotland were utterly pathetic in that 2nd half, men against wee girls and USA fully deserved the win, scotland were cruising at 21-6 tae

Bit of a shocker from Scotland this, although I was very impressed with USA. They were aggressive and athletic as you might expect but I was surprised at how good their game management was.

Their hooker was great as was MacGinty who ran the show. Compare that with Hastings who, whilst he had some nice touches, never controlled the game like an experienced 10 would.

We could have nicked it at the end bit would have been totally undeserved. Just goes to highlight the lack of strength in depth in our squad.

All Blacks are a total machine. Currently dismantling a French team who were playing ok in the first half.

Australia v Ireland up next. Series decider. Another good game to look forward to

Irelanda with a series win down under. Good result for them
    England up next, fingers crossed for another defeat and a series whitewash. Would be great to see that arrogant test Jones on the end of that

Ireland are absolutely incredible at the moment.

Really hope the bokke whitewash England this afternoon and that Scotland can bounce back against Argentina.

Argentina have been pretty poor in their last 2 tests against Wales. We were good but they made us look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ireland are absolutely incredible at the moment.

Really hope the bokke whitewash England this afternoon and that Scotland can bounce back against Argentina.

Argentina have been pretty poor in their last 2 tests against Wales. We were good but they made us look amazing.
    Thank God their is another rugby fan on here amongst all the savages! Felt like I was talking to myself😀
    Yeah Argentina are not great at the moment but Scotland's new boys didn't look too clever last week. Better to have a stronger side this week

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Thank God their is another rugby fan on here amongst all the savages! Felt like I was talking to myself😀
    Yeah Argentina are not great at the moment but Scotland's new boys didn't look too clever last week. Better to have a stronger side this week

Think townsend experimented a little bit too much in the USA game, although it’s a tough balance to strike, when many of the big names/first choice players aren’t on tour

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Think townsend experimented a little bit too much in the USA game, although it’s a tough balance to strike, when many of the big names/first choice players aren’t on tour
    Agree, I think the team v USA should have been the one that played Canada and vice versa.

England / SA. Crap conditions, crap game, crap result. Eddie Jones will still be an arrogant twat

Welsh mate it's in the blood! Keep it quiet but I was watching rugby well before I was watching footie!!

Scotland are a great price to beat Argentina. I've put a tenner on. The USA game was a blip.

Do you ever go watch Edinburgh?

Welsh mate it's in the blood! Keep it quiet but I was watching rugby well before I was watching footie!!

Scotland are a great price to beat Argentina. I've put a tenner on. The USA game was a blip.

Do you ever go watch Edinburgh?
    Yeah occasionally but not as often as I'd like. When I'm not at Hibs I'm still heavily involved with my local club so end up there more than Murrayfield. I've known some of the Edinburgh boys since they were kids as the started off playing at Alloa and I played with their dads and uncles.

I have been a few times but found Edinburgh too expensive to go regularly. They've reduced the prices for next season though for pro 14 and kept them the same for champions cup so will go a lot more.

I go to watch Scotland a lot. It's fantastic value compared to watching Wales.

I have been a few times but found Edinburgh too expensive to go regularly. They've reduced the prices for next season though for pro 14 and kept them the same for champions cup so will go a lot more.

I go to watch Scotland a lot. It's fantastic value compared to watching Wales.
    We go to Swansea every two years as a club for the six nations, been doing that for years. Going down for the Doddie Weir game in autumn as well.
    To be honest I'd rather support my own home town club than Edinburgh or Glasgow anyway. Good to go to the pro games occasionally though but have more connection to my own club

Argentina 0 Scotland 21 after just 13 mins

wtf's going on

3-28 after 21 mins, the chucking rain maybe making us feel at home :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 23-06-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Been some game so far. Helps that Argentina’s team are playing just as well as their football team.

Possibly the worst Argentina team I have seen in at least 20 years. Scotland playing well tho and are putting them away and being ruthless. Good first half

3-36 at HT, the all-blacks couldn't handle us tonight

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Been some game so far. Helps that Argentina’s team are playing just as well as their football team.

at least their rugby boys have managed 3 points

Possibly the worst Argentina team I have seen in at least 20 years. Scotland playing well tho and are putting them away and being ruthless. Good first half
    I told you they were awful at the moment!!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    1st half was brilliant to watch. We seemed to score try after try every time we attacked. Argentina were very poor. They were a little better in the 2nd half but the game was already over by then. Looking forward to the autumn tests.

No Hibs game yesterday so travelled down to Jedburgh to watch Musselburgh in a top of the table National League 1 clash.

Don’t know the last time Jed lost at home but they were well beaten yesterday by a superb performance.
    The commitment and skill on show was a pleasure to watch although I was wincing at some of the challenges 😂

After 9 games Burgh and Jed jointly top the league. I’m pretty sure most clubs pay the players but Musselburgh play for nowt !!
    Would recommend popping down to watch them if interested in RU. Very good standard and you can take your pint to the game

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    No Hibs game yesterday so travelled down to Jedburgh to watch Musselburgh in a top of the table National League 1 clash.

Don’t know the last time Jed lost at home but they were well beaten yesterday by a superb performance.
    The commitment and skill on show was a pleasure to watch although I was wincing at some of the challenges 😂

After 9 games Burgh and Jed jointly top the league. I’m pretty sure most clubs pay the players but Musselburgh play for nowt !!
    Would recommend popping down to watch them if interested in RU. Very good standard and you can take your pint to the game
    They’re doing really well this season but I bet some of them get paid by “sponsors”.

Are you ITK Danderhall ? I know they got win bonuses last season but apparently that stopped.
    Ironic really as they have already won more games this season and not half way through yet

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    Are you ITK Danderhall ? I know they got win bonuses last season but apparently that stopped.
    Ironic really as they have already won more games this season and not half way through yet
    Not any more - I used to be. Just didn’t think they’d have went from paying “signing on fees” (like they did 15-20 years ago) to nothing.

Bet they’re gutted they scrapped the win bonus! What did they replace it with?