hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'd need to add up the cost of every away match ticket, each club has different prices.
    The minimum monthly contribution for HSL I believe is £7.73 or about £90 a year. I would imagine 18 odd away games is far in excess of that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The minimum monthly contribution for HSL I believe is £7.73 or about £90 a year. I would imagine 18 odd away games is far in excess of that.
    HSL is a luxury spend for those who can afford it. HC is perfectly entitled to put attending away games before HSL.
    HSL is voluntary and a great scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I imagine all the football budget is allocated to George Craig and he doles it out as is needed. Probably all the HSL money goes in with that. Most of that will be spent on the first team but some will be spent on coaches, back room staff etc.

That's fair enough, and we agree on that.

But if donors are under the impression that it all goes to transfer fees and players' wages, they need to know.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I wish I could afford it, but I am getting married this year and already have a lot to pay for. I have my season ticket so I’ve contributed at least. Honestly wish I could afford it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I never said I'm worried and i think you're missing my point slightly. What is likely to happen is every club will get a similar % of it's fan base donating and we'll all just end up at the same point as we were originally in terms of financial position, except that fans will have lost out on more money.

I accept the point it will improve Scottish Football but in an ideal world we wouldn't have to rely on the fans to such an extent.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

I know this probably comes up a lot so apologies. But the idea of fan ownership kinda terrifies me. (I'm happy to be proven wrong).

Hibs is my club and I guess I already feel I have ''ownership" of it as part of the hibs family. The main issue I guess is the "too many Chiefs" problem. I fear that if everyone plays owner this leads to instability in the club.

Again, genuinely not looking to have a moan. That's not what this is. I feel that surely I can't be the only one on the fence with this issue looking for assurances.

And finally, apologies again if this worry has been answered a million times!

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    That's fair enough, and we agree on that.

But if donors are under the impression that it all goes to transfer fees and players' wages, they need to know.
    I agree but they can take comfort that it’s Neil Lennon George Craig has to explain to if he wants it spent on anything but a new player for the first team. Lennon will make sure he gets the maximum possible.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Hmmm... this needs clarified.

At the outset, it was "to fund sporting performance". Most of us took that as being exclusively for players.

However, there was a thread on here about a month ago which mentioned GC wanting to use some of the HSL cash for a psychologist for Ryan Porteous.

Personally, I'm okay with that. However, it will be important for some if 100% of the money doesn't go to the playing budget.
    Psychologist?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I wish I could afford it, but I am getting married this year and already have a lot to pay for. I have my season ticket so I’ve contributed at least. Honestly wish I could afford it.
    Don't give it a second thought mate

Everyday life is far more important, HSL is a way for those that both want to and can afford to, help channel funds solely to the football budget

When the time is right for you to contribute I am sure there will still be an opportunity for you to do so.

As others have said either contributing or not does not change the fact we are all Hibs supporters and there is no suggestion of their being a hierarchy of being a Hibs supporter determined through financial contributions.

Good luck with the wedding and importantly try and take the time to enjoy it.

need guys like HC to go home and away. If he chooses his money to spend on Hi a away, that’s his prerogative
    Supports the club by buying his season ticket, and most likely top up for cup games home and away

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    need guys like HC to go home and away. If he chooses his money to spend on Hi a away, that’s his prerogative
    Supports the club by buying his season ticket, and most likely top up for cup games home and away
    Exactly, people can choose how they spend money supporting the club.. Sort of contradicts his original posts on the thread though.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    I know this probably comes up a lot so apologies. But the idea of fan ownership kinda terrifies me. (I'm happy to be proven wrong).

Hibs is my club and I guess I already feel I have ''ownership" of it as part of the hibs family. The main issue I guess is the "too many Chiefs" problem. I fear that if everyone plays owner this leads to instability in the club.

Again, genuinely not looking to have a moan. That's not what this is. I feel that surely I can't be the only one on the fence with this issue looking for assurances.

GGTTH
    German football is largely a fan ownership model. Bizarrely they are one of the countries that get a lot of money from TV. We don't, our clubs get nothing.

Also we can debate the pros and cons of fan ownership until the cows come home. However, what I don't understand is we always had fans owning shares (individually) but HSL is a collective so if anything we are able to have a collective voice rather than many individual ones. Also, if fan ownership worries you, what's your thoughts of Romanov, Abramovic, the guy that was at Livi, the guy that was at Dundee, Mike Ashley?

Without shares we have zero control or say on anything at the club. We should be thankful we have positive communication between the club's overseers and ourselves at the moment. Without shares that could easily change. As it stands do we know how our club will be placed when Tom Farmer is gone? No. It could be sold. Without a substantial share we won't have a say beyond pleading with the club from a weak position. We will never reach 100% ownership as far as I can see so we won't be fully fan owned, the idea is to get to a point where we have some representation at board level and can with some authority have a say on club matters. Regardless what comes after Farmer etc.

Donate to help us get more shares or don't, its all about what you can afford. Its always a personal choice.

Edit - forgot to mention that we have an added bonus of our money going to the squad rather than infrastructure.
    Last edited by madhatter; 06-06-2018 at 04:28 PM.

One thing you can be sure of is Lennon will not take the extra money for granted and will spend it wisely. Not sure the same could be said of Levein and the FoH donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    HSL is a luxury spend for those who can afford it. HC is perfectly entitled to put attending away games before HSL.
    HSL is voluntary and a great scheme.

Away season ticket scheme is also voluntary that only certain fans can afford but it doesn't stop certain posters having a go at other Hibs fans about only attending certain games.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 06-06-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Away season ticket scheme is also voluntary that only certain fans can afford but it doesn't stop certain posters having a go at other Hibs fans about only attending certain games.
    Me and HC, and most of all the other away season tickets holders would rather have a loyalty scheme
    It’s not our fault LD abolished it. Probably ends up costing us a bit more than a loyalty scheme would cost, if you miss the odd match or so.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    The opening post whilst probably meant with good intentions, has slightly irked me.

It's £10 per Month, but the comment "Can you afford not to?", is like some sort of gulit trip mechanism. Poor show IMO
    Yep it hit me right away and not just due to the misspelling of "to".

I'm behind HSL 100% but that wasn't a great 1st line.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Psychologist?
    Yep

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Hmmm... this needs clarified.

At the outset, it was "to fund sporting performance". Most of us took that as being exclusively for players.

However, there was a thread on here about a month ago which mentioned GC wanting to use some of the HSL cash for a psychologist for Ryan Porteous.

Personally, I'm okay with that. However, it will be important for some if 100% of the money doesn't go to the playing budget.
    Doesn't it all come down to what you define 'playing budget' to be? Which won't be the same for everyone, I agree.

However, developing our existing players improves the team every bit as much as signing new players and is probably more cost effective so, like you, I would be all for including it.

I would quible with your last statement, since NONE of HSL money goes into the playing budget. A budget details money you expect to have available over the coming year and how you intend spending it. With any luck this will be the same as your actual income and expenditure, but often isn't. Not sure this helps any though.

Psychologist?
    Think GC was saying that they felt they let Ryan down a little (I am paraphrasing) because he had to play him at Ibrox in a huge game in an atmosphere he hadn’t experienced.

GC felt having a sports psychologist could have helped with his mental preparation.

As it turned out, he was quality anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Think GC was saying that they felt they let Ryan down a little (I am paraphrasing) because he had to play him at Ibrox in a huge game in an atmosphere he hadn’t experienced.

GC felt having a sports psychologist could have helped with his mental preparation.

As it turned out, he was quality anyway!
    Ok ta, must have missed this

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Everyday life is far more important, HSL is a way for those that both want to and can afford to, help channel funds solely to the football budget

When the time is right for you to contribute I am sure there will still be an opportunity for you to do so.

As others have said either contributing or not does not change the fact we are all Hibs supporters and there is no suggestion of their being a hierarchy of being a Hibs supporter determined through financial contributions.

Haha. Delicate wee souls getting 'irked'. Get a grip. HSL is a great initiative, the more people who get behind it the better.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Haha. Delicate wee souls getting 'irked'. Get a grip. HSL is a great initiative, the more people who get behind it the better.
    Exactly, if you can afford it and want to give, then give. If you cant or dont, then this thread is not for you.

Delicate souls, behave yirsel
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Exactly some comments are pretty sad 😢

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    I never said I'm worried and i think you're missing my point slightly. What is likely to happen is every club will get a similar % of it's fan base donating and we'll all just end up at the same point as we were originally in terms of financial position, except that fans will have lost out on more money.

I accept the point it will improve Scottish Football but in an ideal world we wouldn't have to rely on the fans to such an extent.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
    if such a situation is to happen then we’ll need HSL or the gap between us and others will be insurmountable. I’m already worried about what will happen when FOH are able to finally start funneling money solely into their playing budget, rather than plugging infrastructure gaps here there and everywhere...

i do agree with you that it’s far from an ideal situation with fans always picking up the tab but we are where we are. There’s no money in scottish football.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post

GGTTH
    full ownership of the club is not on the cards. There aren’t enough shares to go round.

What we can have is a stake that deters the predators.... the romanovs and Mercers of this world who would seek to do us harm.

any single owner comes with an element of risk. I don’t want to ever have to worry about some charlatan killing my club ever again.

I paid into HSL at £18.75 a month, attained membership, paid for a bit longer then my cirucmstances changed so I stopped. One day I'll start again when it's viable.

I can't say in that time I've felt pressured to start again by HSLs posts on here, Twitter or the official site. I can't afford a BMW, a Carribean cruise or a suite at Claridges so I don't feel pressured into those either. When any it (HSL payments' become a possibility a little prod in the right direction might just remind me I want to do it. Until then I have the ability to say no thanks the same as everyone else. The more visible HSL is the better imo, it's not forcing anyone to do anything.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I really admire what HSL are trying to do and I fully support it. Well done to everyone who gives up their time for free in getting behind this. However, one thing which I do notice, is that it could maybe all look a little more professional, structured and official. The .net posts with spelling mistakes/guilt tripping isn’t going to do it any good. Could benefit from a big refresh and something a lot more punchy/professional. All only my opinion which I am sure means eff all anyways.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Thanks mate. Never realised how expensive a wedding would be. But don’t worry it’s hibs tartan all the way!!