hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: ALEN ORMAN'S HIBERNIAN SPELL

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Looked quality on his day. Was a strange signing though, given the arrival of De La Cruz the same summer. When McLeish tried to play them both, they often both made the same runs and occupied the same areas.

Was at the Rangers game when he had his seizure as well, was really scary.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 31-05-2018 at 07:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Was a better player in midfield

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I remember him being good before the first seizure but awful after. It seemed to really destroy him, whether it was just a mental thing I'm not sure.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Good solid player and that goal! very difficult for a top sportsman to contend with an illness such as he had.

Orman was a strange one. Looked a player at times but he came into a side that had already started to lose it's way. In the preceding season we only won 3 games between January and May. We started the next season winning only 1 of our first 5 in the league, we won 4 of our next 6 then went 18 without a win in the league.

After the great promotion season, sticky start aside, and the explosive start to the next season we went downhill very quickly and that can't have been an easy environment to come into. I thought he looked decent when played in midfield by Mowbray and he got a great reception when he scored in a win v Dundee Utd at Tannadice. Strangely I can recall him under McLeish, Sauzee and Mowbray but my memory of him under Williamson is a total blank.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I thought he looked like the more effective player at the beginning of that season compared to De la Cruz. He got shunted around right back, right wing back, right wing and midfield to accommodate.

IIRC, his first seizure was covered up which was fair enough but I think as a result people weren’t understanding when his form dipped as a result.

Some fans ridiculed him towards the end for not being good enough yet he was playing in the Champions League group stages against Arsenal a year or so later.

First Team Regular weedgiehibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was a better player in midfield
    I seem to remember a midweek - probably league cup tie, cant remember who against - where he played right winger of a front 3 and some of the crosses he fired into the box were top notch in terms of quality , usual Hibs there was nobody on the end

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weedgiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I seem to remember a midweek - probably league cup tie, cant remember who against - where he played right winger of a front 3 and some of the crosses he fired into the box were top notch in terms of quality , usual Hibs there was nobody on the end
    Just like Super Joe Tortolano ???

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Still looked like he keeps himself in pretty good shape when turning out at Spartans last week for Garry O's match.

Scary witnessing his seizure that night v the Huns - the 'Shakin' Stevens' crack of the time being another one of the many reasons I turn Tam Cowan off when I hear his bowff.