hibs.net Messageboard

Page 437 of 497 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,110 of 14907
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    More chance of Efe signing a contract extension this window than there is of him leaving.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs latest signing makes way to the shore for the scarf above cropped out head twitter photoshoot.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More chance of Efe signing a contract extension this window than there is of him leaving.
    Let's hope so. Can't believe anybody would be happy to let him go but Hibs net throws up some strange posts. My favourite so far this season is Martin Boyle is a championship player lol

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Let's hope so. Can't believe anybody would be happy to let him go but Hibs net throws up some strange posts. My favourite so far this season is Martin Boyle is a championship player lol
    I can’t be bothered to go back and check but was anybody talking about letting him go?

Think the post that started this said he wouldn’t be surprised if Efe left. To me that meant we could get a bid for him, as was rumoured in the papers earlier in the window.

I love Efe and want him to stay, I wouldn’t be surprised if he attracts a bid before the window closes though. Once a bid is in there’s always a chance he could go.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Efe has said that his family has settled in Scotland and are happy here. His children are to all intents and purposes Scottish. He loves it here and we love him. I don’t think any other club would be so patient and as understanding of his Efe moments as we are!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Is anyone actually that non educated with football to understand that if Ambrose had zero mistakes in him, he wouldn’t be playing for Hibs!

His composure on the ball is half the reason we have become an attacking team that’s great to watch. He contributes so much more on the park than is appreciated.

Unless we would all prefer 3 CHs that punt the ball up the park?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Especially a player as good as Ambrose.
    Agree fantastic player and vital to how we play.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Are we expecting our 3rd Saturday signing announcement this transfer window?

Or is it match day duties

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    Is anyone actually that non educated with football to understand that if Ambrose had zero mistakes in him, he wouldn’t be playing for Hibs!

His composure on the ball is half the reason we have become an attacking team that’s great to watch. He contributes so much more on the park than is appreciated.

Yeah thanks us non educated had worked out that if Efe didn't make errors he would not be here. So best we just never mention it again and accept that not just Efe but if all our players were better they would not be here.

So... Not bad weather out here today.

@hibs.net private member

The "If he didn't make mistakes he wouldn't be here" line that gets trotted out regularly on here is one of the weirdest I've heard and I wonder if fans of other clubs use it as well.

If some people people genuinely feel that way what do they think Neil Lennon and the rest of the coaching staff is doing at training every day? They'll be keeping fitness up but also working to improve players, a basic part of what every club wants to do.

Surely getting players to perform better is one of the key jobs of any coach or manager. Was SJM the finished article when he joined? Should we have told Boyle not to bother working on his game when he joined as we don't want him to get too good in case we have sell him?

Improving players is what breeds success. You don't have just signed perfect players and I'm not expecting perfection from Efe, he will makes mistakes as does Lionel Messi but I don't get why some fans almost seem desperate for our players not to be too good!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Mon the Efe. Hibee for life!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Hello everyone, is everyone #ready for another super special awesome #SaturdaySigning???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????? (gif of someone looking very excited from a TV show)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I dont think anyone is that stupid, that they think an Efe with no mistakes would still be a mainstay in a celtic side.

And we dont have 2 other central defenders who just punt the ball up the park, so i fail to see what your point is there?

Efe is a good player, part of the side that has us back where we belong and playing in Europe again.

The secret is to improve the team which sadly means replacing players, we've had to replace a whole midfield in one pre season, so i'd be keeping other replacements down to a minimum now, unless they were game changing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Hello everyone, is everyone #ready for another super special awesome #SaturdaySigning???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????? (gif of someone looking very excited from a TV show)
    No we have an important game today I don't want any distractions 😎

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    The "If he didn't make mistakes he wouldn't be here" line that gets trotted out regularly on here is one of the weirdest I've heard and I wonder if fans of other clubs use it as well.

If some people people genuinely feel that way what do they think Neil Lennon and the rest of the coaching staff is doing at training every day? They'll be keeping fitness up but also working to improve players, a basic part of what every club wants to do.

Surely getting players to perform better is one of the key jobs of any coach or manager. Was SJM the finished article when he joined? Should we have told Boyle not to bother working on his game when he joined as we don't want him to get too good in case we have sell him?

Improving players is what breeds success. You don't have just signed perfect players and I'm not expecting perfection from Efe, he will makes mistakes as does Lionel Messi but I don't get why some fans almost seem desperate for our players not to be too good!

It’s really not so hard to understand.

We have a habit of signing players who really should be at a higher level but whose careers have been held back by perceived flaws in their game.

Efe barely played a game in his last season at Celtc and his reputation took a beating. He lost his place in the Nigeria squad and circumstances meant Hibs had a chance to sign him. I’m very glad we did.

It’s got nothing to do with not coaching them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont think anyone is that stupid, that they think an Efe with no mistakes would still be a mainstay in a celtic side.

And we dont have 2 other central defenders who just punt the ball up the park, so i fail to see what your point is there?

Efe is a good player, part of the side that has us back where we belong and playing in Europe again.

The secret is to improve the team which sadly means replacing players, we've had to replace a whole midfield in one pre season, so i'd be keeping other replacements down to a minimum now, unless they were game changing players.

Players come and go, that is the way of things, and only a few players now remain from the 11 that started on 21.5.16.

But continuity is important and we have managed the transition carefully. Also squad players like Marv and Boyle have continued to play an important role or improved since then.

@hibs.net private member
    Personally I love it when Efe takes the ball for a stroll. Def sauzee-esque. When he does, he opens the play up by being an extra midfielder so to speak, and it means the defending team have to commit someone to challenge him and therefore creating space for our midfielders.

Of course parts of his defending and in particular his lapses are frustrating but as everyone has said if he was perfect he’d be worth more than Virgil van dyke.

First Team Breakthrough
    Another one for today?? Can't see anything on Twitter but fingers crossed

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Fake news

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Any sign of a Saturday signing then?

Hope so mate, Big Efe is a class act.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Personally I love it when Efe takes the ball for a stroll. Def sauzee-esque. When he does, he opens the play up by being an extra midfielder so to speak, and it means the defending team have to commit someone to challenge him and therefore creating space for our midfielders.

Of course parts of his defending and in particular his lapses are frustrating but as everyone has said if he was perfect he’d be worth more than Virgil van dyke.
    I tend to agree with the bit about Efe opening up play, it's what he does and its the hard option, but for the team it means we keep possession and remain threat, players that just blooter the ball out the box tend to give possession back to the opposition, anyone who doesn't get Efe's importance to the team were probably glad when Sol Bamba left, I would like to see players that are able to play a higher level stay a bit longer, I would be delighter if we can get Efe to sign a contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Any sign of a Saturday signing then?
    The last two were when we had a game on the Sunday. So I wouldn't expect anything today.

Maybe tomorrow, but I've never claimed to be ITK so don't quote me.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Efe does a great deal more right than wrong - never understood the over the top criticism he comes in for at times.

I hope he is with us for a long time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    I tend to agree with the bit about Efe opening up play, it's what he does and its the hard option, but for the team it means we keep possession and remain threat, players that just blooter the ball out the box tend to give possession back to the opposition, anyone who doesn't get Efe's importance to the team were probably glad when Sol Bamba left, I would like to see players that are able to play a higher level stay a bit longer, I would be delighter if we can get Efe to sign a contract extension
    Who doesn't get his importance? If you moan at an error he makes is that you not getting him? I fully get him and remain convinced as a CB he is not the best defender at this club and I put 2/3 ahead of him.

Him going forward and doing other things he is one of the better players.

The Efe chat is getting a bit redundant. He's here, he's a Hibs player, and imo he's a class act. Some people would like him to cut out silly mistakes. That's fine too. But let's just focus on supporting him for the time being until theres either a bid or a rumour of him leaving.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laced1875 View Post
    Rumour on Twitter - two 1st team players away. Have a feeling one may be Slivka.
    Heard someone taking about this at the game, he was a gob***** though so not to be believed

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Heard someone taking about this at the game, he was a gob***** though so not to be believed
    Neil said as much in his post match interview that one or two would be replaced. No idea who but Allan and hooper would do for me!

@hibs.net private member
    Think Slivka, Swanson and Scott Martin will be away.

Lenny said after the game he's hoping for 2 in and maybe 2 out.
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 25-08-2018 at 07:50 PM.