hibs.net Messageboard

Page 339 of 497 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,170 of 14907
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally disagree, he creates chances and sees a pass that few do, he's far more than a great entertainer.
    To Hibs, yes. To anybody else, not sure. To Celtic, benchwarmer at times otherwise viewer from the stands...

Allan is a good player but he looked pretty poor at Dundee, hasn’t done anything at Celtic and tbh hasn’t done great throughout his career except at Hibs.

I’d love for him to return but if it means we pay Celtic more than they paid to us...eh, no, they can get lost.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    I agree, need a midfield grafter to drive us forward.

Slivka? Seemingly bought as McGinn's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Fully understand where you are coming from but personally it irks me that we could potentially be paying Celtic more to get him back than they paid to us when he was on top form...

I’d rather wait, we got McGinn for virtually nothing (sell-on clause excluded) and I’d say he’s been equally entertaining for other reasons. We do not need to be held to ransom by Celtic to get a creative midfielder.

Hibs don’t get a lot of money through transfers, the thought of throwing £1m of our biggest transfer (in recent times) to Celtic sickens me.
    Mate - would absolutely love for McGinn not to go to them so we're on the same page. Peace.
    Man is a Hibs legend and I want to follow his career rather than navigate bull**** on here about whether we should boo him or not.

I personally hope he goes to the EPL as I think he'd cut it there no problem.
    Last edited by The Leith Dutch; 06-08-2018 at 11:29 PM.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    All I'm saying is we shouldn't let petty bull**** about whether Celtic have taken the piss or got one over on us affect the cold, hard judgement of who we need on the pitch. If you don't agree Allan is all that then fair enough - but for me he's the crucial piece of the jigsaw but that's opinions again :)
    I think Allan is great, it’s not about what Hibs do though, Celtic could quote us £2m. That’s up to them. What I’m saying is that if they look to over charge us then we should move on.

We don’t get a huge amount of money coming into the club, it would sadden me greatly if we sell McGinn and then pass a chunk of that money to Celtic to get Allan.

This situation is looking like a massive win-win for Celtic. Get McGinn on the cheap or charge Hibs an extortionate rate for Allan...that’s why I say wait a year, look elsewhere for now and give Mallan the chance to play more advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    While I think you're right it's dangerous to be thinking in those terms.

The guy - on his current form especially - is irreplaceable.
    He's the complete centre midfielder right now.

Slivka I like a lot but if he turns out to be half the player McGinn is I'd probably be delighted.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Key enough to give Celtic £1m when they offered £2m for McGinn? Personally I think not, McGinn is our best player so we sensibly held out for best offer. Allan to Celtic isn’t even good enough to be a bench warmer, how he can possibly be half the value of McGinn is beyond me...Give Celtic no money.

McGinn could go to the very top, Allan won’t, it’s only ever really clicked for Allan at Hibs.
    We can get Allan on pre-contract in January. Shame if he rots for another season at Celtic but maybe they will be so bitter if the loose Mcginn to do that.

Suggestion for a song against Celtic

We sold McGinn
    Super John McGinn
    I just don't think you understand
    He' Aston Villa's man
    He's better than Zidan
    We sold super John McGinn

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Like buying a Skoda to replace a Beamer.
    (That's just my opinion of course).

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Like buying a Skoda to replace a Beamer.
    (That's just my opinion of course).
    Or buying a Beamer to replace a Skoda as Slivka is quality and SJM is very reliable.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Hibs get more than what Celtic offered then it proves we were correct to reject their offers so they really should have no complaints.

If we want SA and they start playing up then that would be disgraceful as they are not playing the guy and this could affect his whole career.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 07-08-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    If Hibs get more than what Celtic offered then it proves we were correct to reject their offers so they really should have no complaints.
    They shouldn’t but they most likely will knowing them. Will probably be the rest of Scottish footballs fault again if they don’t progress in Europe for not offering up our best players on cut price fees to them. Us and Aberdeen especially should be doing our bit for Scottish football and selling McGinn and McKenna to them for 50% market value.

Quote Originally Posted by ryantaylor View Post
    Absolutely believe Hibs have a few names lined up but if SJM goes on the last day of the English window then what time do we have to find a replacement as I'm sure the majority of English clubs won't want to lose any players after their window has closed. I don't believe a loan suits us as a replacement.
    Lenny has consistently said he would be surprised if we kept mcginn. I'm sure we have a couple of players in mind. They may be free agents or may be either loans or small transfer fees. I've a feeling if mcginn goes we will get Allan back and will get two more players in on loan for a year then buy his replacement next summer. Be delighted if he never went to celtic.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    The great Alex Cropley (indirectly via Arsenal) too
    Thought he was at Villa but then remembered it was Arsenal first. Another two of Turnbull's Tornadoes Brownlie and Blackley joined up again at Newcastle.
    Last edited by Inconsequential; 07-08-2018 at 12:20 AM.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They've spelt "Everton" wrong.
    Clever

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Someone had better teach Slivka how to tackle then and quickly

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Heard a wee rumour at the game on Sun, from someone who is well connected to coaching staff, that we have tabled an offer for SA. £250k up front with same again in January. I am not itk by any stretch of the imagination, just passing on what I was told
    That kind of bid makes total sense and is realistic .

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Aha so I wasn’t going insane! All this Dylan role chat and how essential is is to get a direct replacement (every match thread would see a ‘but we still need a Dylan type’ comment or 50!) had started to convince me that somehow I was wrong to not remember him playing there that much previously! 🤪
    Was he not more of a wide right, attacking player when we first signed him?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    That kind of bid makes total sense and is realistic .

No it doesn’t imo.

Scott Allan will be trying to negotiate a release from his contract as he is of no use to Celtc, IMO we will wait and see if he manages that and then we’ll step in and take him on a freebie. If he can’t negotiate a release from his contract then we’ll try and get him on loan.

Even if the story was true about the transfer fee, why would Allan accept a reduced wage considering we’re not going to offer him the same terms as he is on at Celtic?

Hope we have someone lined up as I still want us to have a real go at molde. Our midfield looks seriously short for me and Bartley/Slivka are not the answer.

Can’t we just sign one of McGinns brothers and pretend this never happened??

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Heard a wee rumour at the game on Sun, from someone who is well connected to coaching staff, that we have tabled an offer for SA. £250k up front with same again in January. I am not itk by any stretch of the imagination, just passing on what I was told
    No danger we’re offering money for him.

He has little transfer value if any. He’s had 3 good months in 3 years. No one else is in for him and Celtic want him off the wage bill. We certainly won’t be paying him what he’s getting at Celtic. He’ll be looking for a payoff if anything as he has beggar all chance of playing there.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigswissstriker View Post
    Hope we have someone lined up as I still want us to have a real go at molde. Our midfield looks seriously short for me and Bartley/Slivka are not the answer.

Can’t we just sign one of McGinns brothers and pretend this never happened??
    Really? Slivka has been excellent so far this season.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I think slivka looks like he could be good, but A replacement for super John, I don't see it.

The key thing we need to replace when mcginn goes Is, imo, his physicality and his drive/attitude - his presence in the heart of our team is as important to us as His ability I reckon.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Wouldn't be going a penny over £100k including any add ons for Allan. No other confirmed interest, last year of his contract and Celtic will be looking to offload. We'd actually be doing them a favour at £100k taking him off their hands.

If they don't agree we can just leave it and sign him on a pre-contract in January for nothing. They can pay his wages to sit in the stand for a year.

If McGinn goes today and the club decide Kamara is the replacement they want then a McGinn type deal with a decent sell on clause may well be an option. Dundee will notice how well that could be working out for St Mirren and want to try something similar. £200k up front plus a 25% sell on might be enough to get him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I love Slivka and he has come up with some big moments for us. But as has been alluded to previously he goes missing far too often and defensively is poor. And as much as I would like to see him given a chance/chances I feel we definitely need someone else in there

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcelonaHibee View Post

We sold McGinn
    Super John McGinn
    He' Aston Villa's man
    He's better than Zidan
    Please don’t. Singing a song about selling our star man is cringey. Proper tinpot.

Is there any truth to this "McGinn to Villa" story? It is The Sun newspaper remember.

All I can see from the internet is "Villa open talks with Hibs over a deal for John McGinn". But these talks could be over in five minutes.

I'm sure it will all become clearer today, maybe by 5pm today possibly.

The local Birmingham paper is just picking up on The Sun report.

Aston Villa are leading the race for Hibernian star John McGinn and have started talks with the Scottish club over a transfer deal.

The Scottish Sun reports that Steve Bruce has had the £4m-rated midfielder watched recently and now talks have begun between the two clubs over a move.

The 23-year-old has been a target for Celtic in recent weeks and the Scottish giants have had three bids turned down already.

Now the Scottish paper believes that Villa have moved ahead of the Parkhead club and a deal could be done before deadline day.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 07-08-2018 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Added Birmingham News report

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

We sold McGinn
    Super John McGinn
    He' Aston Villa's man
    He's better than Zidan
    "Where is McGinn?.."

We sold McGinn
    Super John McGinn
    He' Aston Villa's man
    He's better than Zidan
    I think we should be a wee bit classier than celebrating selling our best player.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Is there any truth to this "McGinn to Villa" story? It is The Sun newspaper remember.

All I can see from the internet is "Villa open talks with Hibs over a deal for John McGinn". But these talks could be over in five minutes.

I'm sure it will all become clearer today, maybe by 5pm today possibly.

The local Birmingham paper is just picking up on The Sun report.

Aston Villa are leading the race for Hibernian star John McGinn and have started talks with the Scottish club over a transfer deal.

The Scottish Sun reports that Steve Bruce has had the £4m-rated midfielder watched recently and now talks have begun between the two clubs over a move.

The 23-year-old has been a target for Celtic in recent weeks and the Scottish giants have had three bids turned down already.

Now the Scottish paper believes that Villa have moved ahead of the Parkhead club and a deal could be done before deadline day.
    Poster on here reckons he went down to meet them last

If so, id expect him to end up there

Im sure the package they will offer would be fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Poster on here reckons he went down to meet them last

If so, id expect him to end up there

Im sure the package they will offer would be fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would suspect so aswell. If we’ve allowed him to go down then I’m presuming we’ve either agreed a fee or were not far off it and I’d think he’ll have a ballpark figure for wages if he’s travelling down. Decent move for him.