hibs.net Messageboard

Page 287 of 497 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,610 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, saying they've heard there's a chance he could sign is completely different from saying it's a done deal 😂

Also I'd love how you presume the announcer is implying Jamie mac is a done deal purely because he's said it's a great week to be a hibee. This place is mental at times, no wonder the ITKers are put off posing what they know.
    True the announcer thing is a bit of a stretch but if someone literally says "he's coming home" then I think it means they think it's a done deal...

Unless you think that's a "mental" assumption to make

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Let’s say it all happened. Barker, Allan and Gash with a tash all got signed.

We then have Mallan rather than Dylan from last year.

How will we have strengthened?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

Let's just say the cup's in the bag.

Realistically, are we a club in a position to strengthen rather than solidify last year’s position? As a selling club, keeping hold of performing players is always a struggle, so keeping those guys would be fantastic. I’d be happy with that business.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Faster than Ivan?

Norton your life.
    It would certainly be a Triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Not really, saying they've heard there's a chance he could sign is completely different from saying it's a done deal

Also I'd love how you presume the announcer is implying Jamie mac is a done deal purely because he's said it's a great week to be a hibee. This place is mental at times, no wonder the ITKers are put off posing what they know.
    To be fair, he tweeted the same before Kamberi was announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that would be as good business as we could have ever hoped.

Personally I think Mallan is an upgrade on Dylan too.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggedllama View Post
    To be fair, he tweeted the same before Kamberi was announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair it was common knowledge, reported in the press, that Hibs had an option on kamberi.

There's only a couple on here that I would take as gospel when it comes to hibs info. The majority of others are either fantasists or its clever guesswork

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Anyone can say that there’s a chance a well known transfer target could sign for us. It’s easy to hedge your bet.

That’s not aimed at any specific posters, but from those who usually do have inside info to one post wonders everyone has been at it all summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Faster than Ivan?

Norton your life.
    The use of the word ‘Norton’ is harley relevant.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    The use of the word ‘Norton’ is harley relevant.
    All these puns make me want to Puch.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Did we not have the same "news reports" about Kamberi going elsewhere about a day before he signed for Hibs?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    Did we not have the same "news reports" about Kamberi going elsewhere about a day before he signed for Hibs?
    Aye we did, I have not really believed a tabloid news report about hibs since Kenny Miller left The Sun.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Aye we did, I have not really believed a tabloid news report about hibs since Kenny Miller left The Sun.
    What’s kenny doing now?

Some seemingly pretty senior Australian journalists saying there's pretty much no chance that Maclaren will end up back in the A League on twitter

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    What’s kenny doing now?
    He is in the SFA, think it’s a role in media there

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    While Allan would be a great addition, I don't think he's as needed right now like he was last season. We've scored 15 goals in three games, and could have had more. Chances ARE being created. For me another forward is more important.
    We undoubtedly need strikers but the 15 goals are misleading with 12 against part time dross.

The reason I think we need Allan is when there's an organised defense up against us that needs to be unlocked.
    There are few good strikers that unlock defenses on their own (Griffiths being a notable exception).
    Certainly very few in our price bracket.

We spent a long, long time looking like a very good football team who struggled to turn dominating play into goals and the points that come with those goals.
    We've been improving gradually but the return of Scott Allan improved us dramatically. He's the guy who can pick apart any defense.

For all the plaudits heaped upon Kamberi and MacLaren (and both are good players) I think a lot of what they did is down to Allan both in terms of direct assists and the fact that his play changes the available space in the attacking third - the fact he can go anywhere with his passing makes any player in front of him a goal threat and changes how the other team defend.

Although I'd agree Simon Murray wasn't the type of player to take us forward I still think he'd have scored goals playing in front of Allan.
    Not as many as a Kamberi or MacLaren in front of Allan but I strongly suspect more goals than they'd have managed playing in front of a significant downgrade to Allan.

By having goals in the team from the start rather than January.

Well if the team that played the second half of the season had been in place since August 17’ , we’d have comfortably finished 2nd going by the stats. I don’t believe Mallan is a level below McGeough, so comparing the team at the start of 17/18, and with the squad we potentially could have, we would be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    By having goals in the team from the start rather than January.
    Another 2 strikers( macca +1) winger( barker) and poss another midfielder then things will be very exciting. I think Boyle will add more goals to his game this year. Think centre half will get more goals due to mallans set piece delivery. Mallans free kicks around the box. Flos goals. Think we will be better rounded as a attacking force. We forced countless corners and free kicks in good areas last year and hardly made anything of them. At times doing that silly short corner and losing the ball. Now we can get the big lads up and mallan can stick all ball with attack me writing all over it

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    We undoubtedly need strikers but the 15 goals are misleading with 12 against part time dross.

The reason I think we need Allan is when there's an organised defense up against us that needs to be unlocked.
    There are few good strikers that unlock defenses on their own (Griffiths being a notable exception).
    Certainly very few in our price bracket.

We spent a long, long time looking like a very good football team who struggled to turn dominating play into goals and the points that come with those goals.
    We've been improving gradually but the return of Scott Allan improved us dramatically. He's the guy who can pick apart any defense.

For all the plaudits heaped upon Kamberi and MacLaren (and both are good players) I think a lot of what they did is down to Allan both in terms of direct assists and the fact that his play changes the available space in the attacking third - the fact he can go anywhere with his passing makes any player in front of him a goal threat and changes how the other team defend.

Although I'd agree Simon Murray wasn't the type of player to take us forward I still think he'd have scored goals playing in front of Allan.
    Not as many as a Kamberi or MacLaren in front of Allan but I strongly suspect more goals than they'd have managed playing in front of a significant downgrade to Allan.
    I think the game that summed up the first half of last season was Hibs 1 Rangers 2 in December,

We pummelled Rangers, lost 2 stupid goals (Wtf was the defence backing off for, wtf was Rocky doing with his near post) then Simon Murray proceeded to fresh air a few chances in the 6 yard box (the type Maclaren went on to score in the same fixture in May)

Throw in an incredible refereeing decision (the Bates handball that was no penalty apparently) and you have the highly entertaining but crazy first half of the season in a nutshell.

By May, Jamie Maclaren bagged a hat trick of similar chances to those Simon Murray missed in December

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Scott Allan back, and hope/think it will happen.

But a poacher is needed, and we saw that in the first half v Asteris Tripolis...2-0 down from a first half when we could have been 2-0 up with better finishing.

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Sun now running with the Maclaren to Melbourne Victory story, however, does look like it's mainly just regurgitated the same stuff from the Australian article from this morning

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a thought ... does anyone see the similarities between Allan and Henderson re transfer to us? I just get the feeling the Allan transfer will drag on and out without anything happening. I think he will end up elsewhere like Henderson.

My view is, the Allan transfer should’ve been wrapped up and delivered before negotiations began re McGinn. I think we have lost our way on this. Overly happy to be wrong and feel completely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    Sun now running with the Maclaren to Melbourne Victory story, however, does look like it's mainly just regurgitated the same stuff from the Australian article from this morning
    Yeah saw that and thought the same. Lazy journalism.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Yeah saw that and thought the same. Lazy journalism.
    It definitely is. They’ve just picked up the story from that podcast. Could be true, but I’m not sure how reliable they are. As someone has said elsewhere, couple of Aussie journalists seem certain he won’t return to Australia.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think we need another defensive type midfielder before we sign Allan, if we even need Allan?

A wide player and a forward too, with Mallan quite capable of providing the same type of play Allan did last season.

Obviously i'd like Allan back, but i think we need other places filled before we make Allan our first priority.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Just a thought ... does anyone see the similarities between Allan and Henderson re transfer to us? I just get the feeling the Allan transfer will drag on and out without anything happening. I think he will end up elsewhere like Henderson.

My view is, the Allan transfer should’ve been wrapped up and delivered before negotiations began re McGinn.
    I think we have lost our way on this. Overly happy to be wrong and feel completely stupid.
    I think it makes both transfers too complicated. Far better doing them individually, IMO. FWIW, I think the longer the delay in either transfer happening, the less likely they will.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post

My view is, the Allan transfer should’ve been wrapped up and delivered before negotiations began re McGinn. I think we have lost our way on this. Overly happy to be wrong and feel completely stupid.
    I think Allan will be one that will be completed towards the end of the window and dependant on who Celtic sign.

We've got enough in midfield at the moment to cope without him until the end of August and seem willing to play the waiting game to see if Celtic will release him.

The euphoria of last night around Jamie Mac seems so have died a bit this morning- please don't tell me this was a Twitter wind up as would be a massive disappointment if so....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    The euphoria of last night around Jamie Mac seems so have died a bit this morning- please don't tell me this was a Twitter wind up as would be a massive disappointment if so....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    According to this guy he ain't going back to Australia Screenshot_20180731-113757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Some more comments guys seems to know .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk