hibs.net Messageboard

Page 240 of 497 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately i agree with this as well. He’s not good enough to play regularly in a team going for top 2/3/4. Hopefully a position Lennon is looking to strengthen.
    And yet only a few months ago folk were critisizing Lennon for not playing him against hearts......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    For me Slivka is much more a replacement for SJM than Dylan. Loads of energy and willing to run at Players.
    Long term I absolutely agree, was working on the assumption we will still have SJM and won't have brought anyone else in yet. Out of who we have available my prefer would be a, midfield trio of Slivka, McGinn, Mallan.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    And yet only a few months ago folk were critisizing Lennon for not playing him against hearts......
    And that game resulted in us getting beat so don't really see your point there. Bartley is a player that always seems to perform in the big games (especially Hearts), its his ability to play regularly and consistently throughout the season which is what's being questioned.

Coaching Staff
    Australia’s Fox Sports are quoting an agent for Mark Milligan...who played at the World Cup for Australia...as saying that there had been ‘an approach’ from Hibs, but Milligan had turned it down as he wants to go to England.

Seems strange to me as the ‘utility’ player turns 33 next month and is nearing the end of his career.

He’s currently without a club having played in the Middle East for most of last season.

Apparently he’s in discussions with Bolton, but isn’t happy with the money that they offered.

AS I say, I would be surprised if Hibs WERE interested in signing him....a few years ago, may have been an option, but not now...

Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    Agreed!

I think he has really struggled with the jump up. He’s looked lost at times in the big games.

Hibs legend, but not good enough if we want to go the next level.
    I totally disagree.

Since he joined us he's been consistently excellent in our biggest games. If he has a fault it is his inability to provide enough of an attacking threat against weaker teams.

He was rubbish last night, but so were most of the team, and I've never been convinced by him in a game when we play three centre-halves.

Coaching Staff
    Too old at 32 ? Plenty milage left in Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I totally disagree.

Since he joined us he's been consistently excellent in our biggest games. If he has a fault it is his inability to provide enough of an attacking threat against weaker teams.

He was rubbish last night, but so were most of the team, and I've never been convinced by him in a game when we play three centre-halves.
    He has massive limitations. Maybe a bit harsh on him.

Thought he was lost against Celtic a couple of times. Especially the semi final. The games at Tynie we never won when he was playing or won when he wasn’t. Beat the Huns at ibrox with him and without him and beat Hearts at home with him and without him.

Just think we should look for someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    He has massive limitations. Maybe a bit harsh on him.

Thought he was lost against Celtic a couple of times. Especially the semi final. The games at Tynie we never won when he was playing or won when he wasn’t. Beat the Huns at ibrox with him and without him and beat Hearts at home with him and without him.

Just think we should look for someone better.
    All opinions eh. Although not sure you can reference games he never played in as a means of judging his ability?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There's a tear in my eye here as i agree with you.

Absolutely love the guy but i fear the time has come we need to find a new Marvin Bartley.
    Me too love the big guy but hes not been great for a while now...think a parting of the ways is imminent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Adam Rooney gone to Salford City - odd move!

The guy did score goals here in Scotland - 87 in 194 games is a pretty good ratio!

Salford must be splashing some cash.

Maybe Graham Alexander like Jack Ross using some Scottish connections ??
    Says Rooney is on four grand per week. Thought he would have been on similar at Aberdeen.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44894821

@hibs.net private member
    According to the BBC, Sevco are getting another player from Liverpool.

"Steven Gerrard is set to beat off competition from Blackburn Rovers to land Liverpool wide man Ryan Kent on loan. (Herald)

However, the Anfield club are insisting he plays first team football, with Bristol City hit with a £500,000 bill for failing to play Kent every week during a loan spell last season. (Sun)"

Not sure I would be happy to sign a player we had to play every week. I know of one club who got two players from a then English Premiership club. They also had a deal which meant they had to be played. One of the players often called friends on his mobile at half time which meant he never took part in half time discussions. They had a lot of trouble getting rid of him as the parent club initially refused to acknowledge it.
    On a separate note it hopefully means they are no longer interested in Barker
    Last edited by PatHead; 20-07-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

Steven Gerrard is set to beat off competition from Blackburn Rovers to land Liverpool wide man Ryan Kent on loan. (Herald)However, the Anfield club are insisting he plays first team football, with Bristol City hit with a £500,000 bill for failing to play Kent every week during a loan spell last season. (Sun)

Not sure I would be happy to sign a player we had to play every week. I know of one club who got two players from a then English Premiership club. They also had a deal which meant they had to be played. One of the players often called friends on his mobile at half time which meant he never took part in half time discussions. They had a lot of trouble getting rid of him as the parent club initially refused to acknowledge it.

Kent’s a class little player who will do well for them sadly.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Never heard of the kent

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Kent’s a class little player who will do well for them sadly.
    Have you seen him play ?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

"Steven Gerrard is set to beat off competition from Blackburn Rovers to land Liverpool wide man Ryan Kent on loan. (Herald)

However, the Anfield club are insisting he plays first team football, with Bristol City hit with a £500,000 bill for failing to play Kent every week during a loan spell last season. (Sun)"

Not sure City will want to do business with Rangers, as they are effectively Liverpool’s feeder club now

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    All opinions eh. Although not sure you can reference games he never played in as a means of judging his ability?
    Just saying that he’s not a major loss if not playing. I don’t think he has a major influence on the result.

Summer transfer thread

Liverpool do that with all their loanees. That is why Celtic pulled out of taking the lad Wilson. It’s not a great deal. Barker done well for us last season but there is no way we could have guaranteed him a start every week. Sevco are mad for agreeing to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Have you seen him play ?
    I support Liverpool so I’ve watched him a few times yeah. Should do well up here. I wonder if because they have signed Kent, they wont be getting Barker now?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I support Liverpool so I’ve watched him a few times yeah. Should do well up here. I wonder if because they have signed Kent, they wont be getting Barker now?
    Has he played many times for Liverpool?

Sounds like he was on loan at Bristol City last year and couldn’t get a game for them?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    he has never played for liverpool, you must watch a lot of barnsley and coventry to have seen him play

sorry forgot he has played a cup game for liverpool, cant mind who against though
    Last edited by Allant1981; 20-07-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Any more on this EPL loan signing? Looking likely we will miss the deadline and therefore onto be able to bring in two.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alihibs1 View Post
    Any more on this EPL loan signing? Looking likely we will miss the deadline and therefore onto be able to bring in two.

Was the deadline 5pm today?

Realise it didn’t mean much with another 2 signings allowed after the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Was the deadline 5pm today?

Realise it didn’t mean much with another 2 signings allowed after the deadline.
    Think it is midnight.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alihibs1 View Post
    Think it is midnight.

Midnight CET which is 11pm here.

Silly Kent going to Sevco

Whoever the manager is sounds like he isn't cut out for it. Imagine someone phoning their pals at HT Infront of Lennon...

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    One to rule out

Billericay Town have completed the signing of striker Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Whoever the manager is sounds like he isn't cut out for it. Imagine someone phoning their pals at HT Infront of Lennon...
    I'd imagine the phone and the wall would come into rapid and close contact!

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    I'd imagine the phone and the wall would come into rapid and close contact!
    Very likely!

Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Silly Kent going to Sevco
    Clark Kent couldn’t sort them out!