hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Hibs change the ticketing process for high demand games?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - loyalty points

103 59.54%
  • Yes - ballot system

21 12.14%
  • Yes - other

5 2.89%
  • No

44 25.43%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Should Hibs change the ticket process for high demand games?

Let's fire this poll up once again after another fun-filled rush for derby tickets - hopefully someone can get the results of this poll over to LD for further consideration.

Does the ticketing system work as it is for games like these where not everyone is guaranteed a seat? Should we replace it with something else, or bring back the loyalty points system?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's fire this poll up once again after another fun-filled rush for derby tickets - hopefully someone can get the results of this poll over to LD for further consideration.

Does the ticketing system work as it is for games like these where not everyone is guaranteed a seat? Should we replace it with something else, or bring back the loyalty points system?
    Happy to reply, I don't like it as I had to take a day off work again to get them. Thankfully I got them, I simply can't get online due to my job.

Only way fairer than current system is LP based on attendance only

Personally I dont think a loyalty scheme rewards loyalty it rewards ability to spend and is socially inequitable.

My own view is all away games should have a pre registration process where every who wants to register for a ticket is included before the tickets go on sale. Each registration is allocated a randomly generated number within a number range and then just like ERNIE tickets are allocated randomly by the computer on single ticket per registration basis.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    A points system should be in place but they should stay away from term like ‘loyalty’ because there’s just too many different interpretations of what ‘loyalty’ actually is.

Go back to the previous points system but award points only for attending matches and call them Attendance Points so there’s no daft discussions about whether or not someone who spends money in the club shop is deserves points for being a ‘loyal’ customer.

I think the online system can be a bit frustrating but it works ok imo. Would prefer some kind of tiered loyalty system though like we used to have. With points only based on match attendance as mentioned above.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Yes. We should release a statement demanding more seats!

In all seriousness though, I think the current way is fine. Yes, it's chaotic. But it really is a case of first come, first serve. I think there are too many implications involved when it comes to favouring one set of fans over another based on how many games they attend in general, as it potentially discriminates against people with lower incomes who perhaps can't afford a ST or to attend away games.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Yes it should be reviewed. A points system called ticket points should be introduced. Calling them loyalty points makes it seem a bit Uber fanish.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Keep it as it is now, every ST holder has an equal chance.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I was lucky today, I've been unlucky in the past.

I think it needs changed. Either bring back a simplified points based system or make high demand games a ballot. An actual lottery has to be better than a lottery that depends on what server queue you get stuck in.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Keep it as it is now, every ST holder has an equal chance.
    I agree and I missed out today.
    They could do with improving the system on the website though. When I go Tynecastle I don’t care where I sit. There must be a better way of queuing digitally as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was lucky today, I've been unlucky in the past.

I think it needs changed. Either bring back a simplified points based system or make high demand games a ballot. An actual lottery has to be better than a lottery that depends on what server queue you get stuck in.
    I could live with a lottery system as well. So long as all our new season ticket holders are all treated equally with those of us who have had one for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Lottery/ballot would be my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Personally I dont think a loyalty scheme rewards loyalty it rewards ability to spend and is socially inequitable.

My own view is all away games should have a pre registration process where every who wants to register for a ticket is included before the tickets go on sale. Each registration is allocated a randomly generated number within a number range and then just like ERNIE tickets are allocated randomly by the computer on single ticket per registration basis.
    Whit????
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Yes. We should release a statement demanding more seats!

I think there are too many implications involved when it comes to favouring one set of fans over another based on how many games they attend in general, as it potentially discriminates against people with lower incomes who perhaps can't afford a ST or to attend away games.
    Those in the exutive seats have their own loyalty scheme" where ability to afford is the main criteria. The away ticket scheme is arguably an elite scheme as not that many fans will have the time to go to every away game or not care about losing the money if they cant go. The singing section have their own scheme or did last year based on ability to sing in .certain area of the ground. Those camping out had a scheme last year. Supporters buses seemingly had one. We have had Lots of loyalty schemes in the last year apart from the only one that makes sense. Going to away games and being rewarded with priority for high demand away games.

Whilst Hibs are seeing record season ticket sales they are not going to implement something that could slow sales down.

We can argue on here till we are blue in the face whether that's right or wrong but it's not going to change regardless.

Just what it says Baldy. Just because you can afford to go to every game home and away, Scotland or Europe and have "loadsamoney" doesnt make you any.more loyal than some less well off supporter who spends what he or she can out of a limited income but gets to go to gsmes less often because its better food on the table, lecky in the meter and rent paid.

Premium bond analogy is maybe way over your head perhaps.

Just what it says Baldy. Just because you can afford to go to every game home and away, Scotland or Europe and have "loadsamoney" doesnt make you any.more loyal than some less well off supporter who spends what he or she can out of a limited income but gets to go to gsmes less often because its better food on the table, lecky in the meter and rent paid.

I tried that argument at the Maserati showroom but it didn’t wash.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

He rode the fastest milk cart in the West

TO would love you for that idea!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder why I even bother trying for the Hearts games at Tynecastle now. Online today, sat in the queue from 11.50am and got nowt.

We must be one of the few clubs without a loyalty points system and have no idea why we got shot of it.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Selling at 12pm is certainly an improvement on 9am weekday for most but I'd like to see tickets going on sale at the weekend instead.

That way I can access from home rather than work and get my iPad, phone, laptop and WOPR lined up ready to go.

Then at least if I fail I can have a game of global thermonuclear war to cheer me up.

I make sacrifices to watch Hibs, why should I go in a random draw. Utter madness.

Your post is insulting

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He rode the fastest milk cart in the West

TO would love you for that idea!
    Simple data base program.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

I'm struggling to think of a response to this post as it's so far away from reality. Right up there with the daftest things I've read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I make sacrifices to watch Hibs, why should I go in a random draw. Utter madness.

Your post is insulting
    Hows this for another analogy.

Theres a single glass of whisky left in a bottle on the table. There are four guys wanting to drink it but one guys says "I'm an alcoholic and I drink more than anyone else round this table whether I can affordit or not so I deserve first dibs on that last glass in the bottle"

Just because you are obsessed, fanatical and addicted you really need to get your fix defore everybody else.

Don't know why my post deleted.

Guy is clearly at it.

The alcohol "analogy" is crass

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Don't know why my post deleted.

Guy is clearly at it.

The alcohol "analogy" is crass
    Come on Baldy you've been around here long enough to know that's not on.

If you're not happy with a particular post then report it. I see nothing else above worth deleting personally but other admins might disagree.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Every time we have the same arguments and no one ever changes their minds. It just goes round and round in circles.

The away ST looks after those who go to every away game and with no loyalty scheme in place and discussion about it well off the table it's about the best compromise we can have. Those who commit to that are looked after at Tynecastle, Ibrox and so on.

I'm not sure the management of the free for all sales can't be managed better though. I think some clarity on how many tickets actually make it to the sale would be a good start.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Hows this for another analogy.

Theres a single glass of whisky left in a bottle on the table. There are four guys wanting to drink it but one guys says "I'm an alcoholic and I drink more than anyone else round this table whether I can affordit or not so I deserve first dibs on that last glass in the bottle"

Just because you are obsessed, fanatical and addicted you really need to get your fix defore everybody else.
    It’s not really a good analogy though. You’d need to add the bit where one of the guys had still turned up to the pub every week for the previous few years when nobody else would, paying his money to keep them operating while drinking pint after pint of flat, pishy, uninspiring lager out of nothing more than a desire to support the pub during its toughest times. Meanwhile the other three had been nowhere to be seen for years and just wanted to show up when the good bevvy was back on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    It’s not really a good analogy though. You’d need to add the bit where one of the guys had still turned up to the pub every week for the previous few years when nobody else would, paying his money to keep them operating while drinking pint after pint of flat, pishy, uninspiring lager out of nothing more than a desire to support the pub during its toughest times. Meanwhile the other three had been nowhere to be seen for years and just wanted to show up when the good bevvy was back on the menu.
    Touche MWC! To follow your train of thought though the guy never went to different pubs either whereas the others would see what the same brand of beer tasted like in a different brewery's house.