hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've lost half a stone in 4 weeks using noom. It's a slow win but a win none the less. Nothing else had worked for so long. Just gotta keep going and see what happens.
    At that rate it’d be six and a half stones in a year. That’s a huge amount and although as you lose more weight the rate at which you lose it will understandably slow, it’s worth keeping in perspective.

That’s not a slow win, that’s a win that doesn’t need a precursor.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've lost half a stone in 4 weeks using noom. It's a slow win but a win none the less. Nothing else had worked for so long. Just gotta keep going and see what happens.
    You're supposed to aim for 2lbs a week, so half a stone in 4 weeks is right on track. Good job.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    At that rate it’d be six and a half stones in a year. That’s a huge amount and although as you lose more weight the rate at which you lose it will understandably slow, it’s worth keeping in perspective.

That’s not a slow win, that’s a win that doesn’t need a precursor.
    Yeah it's definitely a win. Age and hormones make it so difficult to lose now. I used to be able to lose weight as easily as put it on. It's harder work now but a wins a win.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    You're supposed to aim for 2lbs a week, so half a stone in 4 weeks is right on track. Good job.
    Thank you.

Yeah it's definitely a win. Age and hormones make it so difficult to lose now. I used to be able to lose weight as easily as put it on. It's harder work now but a wins a win.
    I’m down to about half a pound a week on average just now but that’s with a large drop in weight from the start of the year. That’s including an amount of activity and treats food wise that I’m happy with so happy to stick with that until I need to do more.

Weighed in at sixteen stone dead recently and started March at twenty and a half stone but completely committed myself to the weight loss football league and wouldn’t want to keep the same strictness that I had back then, so small wins now are good with me ��

As long as you’re enjoying the changes and enjoying the results you’re on the right track.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 19-08-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Christmas 2021 at 20st 11lbs, 5th March was 20st 7lbs, today 15st 13lbs.

Next goal is 15st 11lbs for that five stone marker.

@hibs.net private member

Outstanding

How often do you weigh yourself?

Good work though. 👏
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    How often do you weigh yourself?

Good work though. 👏
    Twice a week. I often make small changes to the sort of exercise I do or my diet and I quite like looking for trends as to what works and what doesn’t.

Twice a week. I often make small changes to the sort of exercise I do or my diet and I quite like looking for trends as to what works and what doesn’t.
    I do it about every 6 months ha.

Odd how different things work for different people. I prefer to use clothes as a guide as weight can go up and down based on muscle or fat.

Keep going though. Live the dream
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I do it about every 6 months ha.

Odd how different things work for different people. I prefer to use clothes as a guide as weight can go up and down based on muscle or fat.

Keep going though. Live the dream
    Clothes are defo a satisfying way of gauging process. Some of the stuff from the temporary wardrobe I bought from charity shops feels slightly loose already and it’s a nice feeling.

I’ve started measuring body fat once a month. Will be interesting to see how that goes

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

Outstanding, Sir.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Clothes are defo a satisfying way of gauging process. Some of the stuff from the temporary wardrobe I bought from charity shops feels slightly loose already and it’s a nice feeling.

I’ve started measuring body fat once a month. Will be interesting to see how that goes
    How do you measure body fat?

@hibs.net private member

Well done 👏🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    With a body fat monitor

Local Boots have scales that measure weight, height and body fat percentage.

Local Boots have scales that measure weight, height and body fat percentage.
    That's what I've got. Sends it to an app on your phone.

Picked up a groin injury last night. Was playing terribly, struggling to get about the pitch. Turned with the ball and felt a sharp shooting pain.

Hopefully won’t be out of my football for longer than a week or two, it’s not too bad today but still notably tender.

Picked up a groin injury last night. Was playing terribly, struggling to get about the pitch. Turned with the ball and felt a sharp shooting pain.Hopefully won’t be out of my football for longer than a week or two, it’s not too bad today but still notably tender.
    Getting back on to the health stuff now. In the past ten months I've had two calf injuries, a groin injury, and an ankle injury. Some say that Hibs have tried to sign me this summer as a result!I'm back up to sixteen stone ten which is irritating. Ankle injury is taking an age to heal (and aggravated it at a game of sevens going in for a 50/50 ball), so tracking my calories closely just now.Breakfast is half a pot of Lidl's fat free protein yoghurt, some defrosted frozen summer berries from Farmfoods, and five or six crushed meringue kisses (also from Farmfoods). Over 25g protein, under 300 calories, and feels like a more indulgent breakfast than it actually is. The meringue is worth the extra 50 calories.Meal replacement shake for lunch largely.Back to the Pinch of Nom books for tea - although recently found a great recipe for a chicken burger that's absolutely superb. With cheese and a toasted brioche roll, MyFitnessPal has it at under 500 calories and nearly 40g of protein.Get a pack of chicken mince from Aldi or Lidl, and add 1tsp of light mayo, 1/2 tsp of mustard, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chilli flakes, salt, and pepper. Mush it between your hands until it's more paste like, and form it into four patties. Stick them in the freezer for half an hour or so to firm up.Take some cornflakes, add some seasoning of your choice (I went for a BBQ style seasoning) and crush them up nice and fine.Take your patties, dip them in flour, then a beaten egg, then coat in your breadcrumbs. I wrap them and put them in the freezer as I'm largely only ever cooking for two.When you're ready, I set my air fryer to 180C, give them a bit of a spray with 1 calorie spray, and chuck them in for probably around 20-22 minutes, turning half way. Use a temperature probe to check they're cooked as these timings are approximate.In the meantime, toast a sesame brioche burger bun from Lidl. Once your burger is done, put a slice of Lidl Protein cheese on the top part of your bun, wrap in tinfoil, and throw back in the air fryer for a couple of minutes. Gets the cheese nice and melty.Take out, add a tiny bit of light mayo, lettuce, pickles, a splash of hot sauce (if you wish) and serve.A good, filling burger that feels very unhealthy, but calorie wise is really good. I usually serve it with a pickled slaw of some sort to get more veg into it all.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Getting back on to the health stuff now. In the past ten months I've had two calf injuries, a groin injury, and an ankle injury. Some say that Hibs have tried to sign me this summer as a result!I'm back up to sixteen stone ten which is irritating. Ankle injury is taking an age to heal (and aggravated it at a game of sevens going in for a 50/50 ball), so tracking my calories closely just now.Breakfast is half a pot of Lidl's fat free protein yoghurt, some defrosted frozen summer berries from Farmfoods, and five or six crushed meringue kisses (also from Farmfoods). Over 25g protein, under 300 calories, and feels like a more indulgent breakfast than it actually is. The meringue is worth the extra 50 calories.Meal replacement shake for lunch largely.Back to the Pinch of Nom books for tea - although recently found a great recipe for a chicken burger that's absolutely superb. With cheese and a toasted brioche roll, MyFitnessPal has it at under 500 calories and nearly 40g of protein.Get a pack of chicken mince from Aldi or Lidl, and add 1tsp of light mayo, 1/2 tsp of mustard, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chilli flakes, salt, and pepper. Mush it between your hands until it's more paste like, and form it into four patties. Stick them in the freezer for half an hour or so to firm up.Take some cornflakes, add some seasoning of your choice (I went for a BBQ style seasoning) and crush them up nice and fine.Take your patties, dip them in flour, then a beaten egg, then coat in your breadcrumbs. I wrap them and put them in the freezer as I'm largely only ever cooking for two.When you're ready, I set my air fryer to 180C, give them a bit of a spray with 1 calorie spray, and chuck them in for probably around 20-22 minutes, turning half way. Use a temperature probe to check they're cooked as these timings are approximate.In the meantime, toast a sesame brioche burger bun from Lidl. Once your burger is done, put a slice of Lidl Protein cheese on the top part of your bun, wrap in tinfoil, and throw back in the air fryer for a couple of minutes. Gets the cheese nice and melty.Take out, add a tiny bit of light mayo, lettuce, pickles, a splash of hot sauce (if you wish) and serve.A good, filling burger that feels very unhealthy, but calorie wise is really good. I usually serve it with a pickled slaw of some sort to get more veg into it all.
    Sounds good.

After keeping myself in check throughout lockdown after losing 5 stone, my 40th birthday was September 2021, and it’s all been downhill since there to the point I’ve put it all back on plus an extra 1.5 stone.

Got back from holiday on 9th July and found my motivation to get back on it the next day. Also using MyFitnessPal for calories. My wife is also back on it which helps. It’s a sign that you’re a fat c u next Tuesday when you lose 2 stone in 5 weeks

Staying largely off the booze is playing a big part. Only had 1 day of drinking in the last 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Sounds good.

After keeping myself in check throughout lockdown after losing 5 stone, my 40th birthday was September 2021, and it’s all been downhill since there to the point I’ve put it all back on plus an extra 1.5 stone.

Got back from holiday on 9th July and found my motivation to get back on it the next day. Also using MyFitnessPal for calories. My wife is also back on it which helps. It’s a sign that you’re a fat c u next Tuesday when you lose 2 stone in 5 weeks

Staying largely off the booze is playing a big part. Only had 1 day of drinking in the last 5 weeks.

I’ve given up the booze altogether. I don’t miss it.

I've been a shambles for the past year.

We had a wee boy last week though and being a dad again at 45 has brought a few bad habits into focus so I'm getting back into it all again.

Taking the time to walk instead of driving / taking public transport has been easy so far, as has been curbing the chocolate and snacks.

Next steps - portion control and getting off my arse to either run or go to the gym.

My partner is quite motivated on shifting the residual baby bump so tbh I'm quite looking forward to an increased focus on health over the next few months.

It's quite heartening to read this thread and realise that I'm not alone in shifting between the very good and and very bad lifestyle choices at times...

I've been a shambles for the past year.We had a wee boy last week though and being a dad again at 45 has brought a few bad habits into focus so I'm getting back into it all again.Taking the time to walk instead of driving / taking public transport has been easy so far, as has been curbing the chocolate and snacks.Next steps - portion control and getting off my arse to either run or go to the gym.My partner is quite motivated on shifting the residual baby bump so tbh I'm quite looking forward to an increased focus on health over the next few months.It's quite heartening to read this thread and realise that I'm not alone in shifting between the very good and and very bad lifestyle choices at times...
    Congratulations to you both, I could do with losing a bit but just have no motivation

I've been a shambles for the past year.We had a wee boy last week though and being a dad again at 45 has brought a few bad habits into focus so I'm getting back into it all again.Taking the time to walk instead of driving / taking public transport has been easy so far, as has been curbing the chocolate and snacks.Next steps - portion control and getting off my arse to either run or go to the gym.My partner is quite motivated on shifting the residual baby bump so tbh I'm quite looking forward to an increased focus on health over the next few months.It's quite heartening to read this thread and realise that I'm not alone in shifting between the very good and and very bad lifestyle choices at times...
    Congrats!

This might not be the right thread but I have the opposite problem with weight to most posters, I’m built like the side of a fiver and can’t seem to gain any weight, haven’t since I was about 17. In the past few months I’ve put on a stone though. I’m hoping to put on at least another one and a half, thing is I get bored eating. I’ve been loading my meals with protein and carbs to create a deficit but when I’m on the go from 8am until sometimes 10pm with work it’s a bit brutal trying to make sure I’m taking in more calories than I’m burning especially when trying to make sure I have time to eat a proper meal three times a day. I’ve been advised to not drink as much fizzy juice and not smoke (I have managed to cut down on the fags but I’m still maybe 7/8 a day at this point, looking to cut that down further and eventually quit mind you) as it might kill my appetite. Any other suggestions?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    This might not be the right thread but I have the opposite problem with weight to most posters, I’m built like the side of a fiver and can’t seem to gain any weight, haven’t since I was about 17. In the past few months I’ve put on a stone though. I’m hoping to put on at least another one and a half, thing is I get bored eating. I’ve been loading my meals with protein and carbs to create a deficit but when I’m on the go from 8am until sometimes 10pm with work it’s a bit brutal trying to make sure I’m taking in more calories than I’m burning especially when trying to make sure I have time to eat a proper meal three times a day. I’ve been advised to not drink as much fizzy juice and not smoke (I have managed to cut down on the fags but I’m still maybe 7/8 a day at this point, looking to cut that down further and eventually quit mind you) as it might kill my appetite. Any other suggestions?

Stop smoking, get married and get fatter, I was like you, in fact exactly like you. I was so thin in my youth I had to keep an eye on the weather forecast in case there was a light breeze which meant I couldnt go out with my pals in case I blew away

I was referred to old RIE where they were concerned my body wasnt getting enough nutrition etc etc but this was never followed up. A few years after I started smoking and all the other bad habits but my weight never budged, think I was 24/28 inch waist at one point

When I got married I remember being paranoid about my kilt slipping from my zero hips as I was erm in true Scotsman mode 🤣 a while after that my first was born (not on the same night obviously 😵) and I decided I had to stop smoking, what followed after that was miraculous, I was actually nicknamed “podge” at work, I ****ing loved it after years of being called a “twig” or “twiglet legs” it was a novelty for many years, however that novelty wore off when all the health issues such as diabetes followed

I want to be called a “twig” again 😤

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Stop smoking, get married and get fatter, I was like you, in fact exactly like you. I was so thin in my youth I had to keep an eye on the weather forecast in case there was a light breeze which meant I couldnt go out with my pals in case I blew away

I was referred to old RIE where they were concerned my body wasnt getting enough nutrition etc etc but this was never followed up. A few years after I started smoking and all the other bad habits but my weight never budged, think I was 24/28 inch waist at one point

When I got married I remember being paranoid about my kilt slipping from my zero hips as I was erm in true Scotsman mode a while after that my first was born (not on the same night obviously ) and I decided I had to stop smoking, what followed after that was miraculous, I was actually nicknamed “podge” at work, I ****ing loved it after years of being called a “twig” or “twiglet legs” it was a novelty for many years, however that novelty wore off when all the health issues such as diabetes followed

I want to be called a “twig” again
    Got married last year so I’m a third of the way there I’m a 28 waist at the minute and we’re advised by doctors not to have children due to some health conditions that may become dangerous if pregnant. I had to wear a belt with my kilt when I got married which isn’t the done thing when wearing a waistcoat if I’m correct but I’d have been walking about with my bollocks on show half the day if I didn’t. I don’t know how I struggle to put any weight on to be honest, I drink a fair amount of beer and I eat a load of ***** like McDonald’s, copious amounts of crisps, chocolate, chippys etc (but snacking rather than large meals) throughout the day, trying to force myself to not snack and to eat three decent meals a day is a slog.

Getting back on to the health stuff now. In the past ten months I've had two calf injuries, a groin injury, and an ankle injury. Some say that Hibs have tried to sign me this summer as a result!

I'm back up to sixteen stone ten which is irritating. Ankle injury is taking an age to heal (and aggravated it at a game of sevens going in for a 50/50 ball), so tracking my calories closely just now.
    Three pounds down this week. Some of that will be water weight and just a reaction to going back to calorie counting, but lots to be happy with.

Starting the day with my yoghurt, berry, and meringue mixture, then having a meal replacement shake and pot of fat free protein yoghurt during the day. Adding a 100 calorie snack when I finish work as a little reward (baked crisps, whipped mint bar, etc) and that takes me up to around 700 calories for the day. Couple of bits of fruit through the day as well. Eating little and often.

Having a tea with pudding in the evening that totals around 900 calories, and that's running a nice calorie defecit with plenty protein, carbs, fruit and veg, and things to look forward to.

400 calorie pancake stack with around 30g of protein:

Mix one Lidl or Aldi vanilla flavour protein pudding with one large egg, then sift in 40g of plain flour and 2/3 of a teaspoon of baking powder. Gently mix in until incorporated.

One calorie cooking spray in a non stick pan, and cook from there on a medium-low heat. I got three reasonable pancakes out of it.

Really tasty - will look a little darker coloured than normal - but a good filling breakfast.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 27-08-2023 at 07:30 AM.

400 calorie pancake stack with around 30g of protein:

Mix one Lidl or Aldi vanilla flavour protein pudding with one large egg, then sift in 40g of plain flour and 2/3 of a teaspoon of baking powder. Gently mix in until incorporated.

One calorie cooking spray in a non stick pan, and cook from there on a medium-low heat. I got three reasonable pancakes out of it.

Really tasty - will look a little darker coloured than normal - but a good filling breakfast.

Just want to say mate, firstly, well done on losing and keeping the weight off.

Secondly, I’m impressed at how easily you can break down recipes and share them on here in an easy to understand way.
    I have zero interest in cooking, I just can’t find a way to enjoy it, but I’m always interested reading your posts