Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
It’s a nightmare, but it depends on what you want to get out of it? Stronger means a whole different range of things and could range from lean and highly toned or going for size.

I alternate my weeks, have a week of strength which means using weights at the higher end of my one rep maximum (the most you can lift as a one off), going for lower repetitions and higher weight.

The following week do lower weights with higher reps.

I’d recommend you go to a trainer and get yourself a training programme. It’s important that you’re getting things like form and appropriate exercises for what you want.

Goal setting is a good starting point.

Gym hero pro is a good app for you to have a look at.
Cheers! it’s Lean I’d prefer to be honest, I used to run a lot mostly half marathons and 1 full, I would like to get back into it so anything too big would hamper that, my issue right now is I’m starting right from 0 again and just cardio is boring the life out me, my gym at the moment is busy classes are full because I’m their at opening there’s not much choice anyway so for 3 months I’ve just been trying to get my 5k times down and cycling throwing in some rowing the occasional swim, I’m needing more to keep me occupied, il make an app with a trainer tomorrow see what they offer