hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Another two and a half pounds this week just past. Takes me to just over two stones down.

I have a target in mind that if I hit it, I’ll pay for a space on the Easter Road Play on the Pitch next season. Lifelong dream and if I’m down three and a half stone on where I was at the start of 2022 then I’ll be able to do myself justice.

Noticing massive differences in my stamina, pace and even sleep in my day to day life now. Got past the worst of craving unhealthy food and loving my football and exercise (something I’ve never enjoyed before) and found ways to make most of my favourite foods healthy.

In a really, really good place with it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another two and a half pounds this week just past. Takes me to just over two stones down.

I have a target in mind that if I hit it, I’ll pay for a space on the Easter Road Play on the Pitch next season. Lifelong dream and if I’m down three and a half stone on where I was at the start of 2022 then I’ll be able to do myself justice.

Noticing massive differences in my stamina, pace and even sleep in my day to day life now. Got past the worst of craving unhealthy food and loving my football and exercise (something I’ve never enjoyed before) and found ways to make most of my favourite foods healthy.

In a really, really good place with it.
    Brilliant mate, keep it up, bet you feel ****ing great. My problem was always being “inbetween sizes” when it came to clothes, some just a smidgen too tight to be seen wearing out and some being a smidgen too baggy to be seen wearing out 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Brilliant mate, keep it up, bet you feel ****ing great. My problem was always being “inbetween sizes” when it came to clothes, some just a smidgen too tight to be seen wearing out and some being a smidgen too baggy to be seen wearing out ��
    I feel very good. It's enough weight that I can feel the difference when out and about and becoming a lot better at football, much quicker to intercept loose passes and get up the pitch in possession. Still very poor but discovered a hidden talent for a Stevie Mallan style raker!

I think this is the first time I've not looked to kick the things I enjoy eating out of my diet but looking for every hack to make them healthier and eating them in moderation. Lots of water, lots of fruit and veg. Largely kicked the booze but will still enjoy in social occasions (but even then keeping in mind the goal). When it comes to keeping active being very consistent - minimum 10k steps each day. When it comes to playing football twice a week I'm playing with intensity so even as the fitness improves I'm still pushing myself.

Defo working. For the first time I can see myself sticking to this long term.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 22-04-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Another four pounds this week (but walked a total of 21 miles over the weekend and had a swim too).

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Weighed myself today and have lost a stone in weight.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    That’s superb that. What have you changed??

Fantastic effort 👍

@hibs.net private member
    I am finally looking at a return to work after 3 years off sick. Tried my uniform on, a new battle with the weight started immediately. Trying to get my head round it all and work out the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    That’s superb that. What have you changed??
    Bread, rolls, takeaways and all the crap I would normally eat, I stopped it all, walk about 8 miles a day, my son gets married in July and I want to be looking good for it, also stopped smoking as well and I don’t drink anymore, now it’s healthy food and if I want a snack it’s some nuts and raisins or fruit.

Fantastic effort 👍
    Cheers, you stick in as well

@hibs.net private member
    Bread, rolls, takeaways and all the crap I would normally eat, I stopped it all, walk about 8 miles a day, my son gets married in July and I want to be looking good for it, also stopped smoking as well and I don’t drink anymore, now it’s healthy food and if I want a snack it’s some nuts and raisins or fruit.
    Wow that's some turnaround. Well done Silver!

Worked very hard on finding the takeaways that I know I can't replace mentally after a bad day and been able to find recipes through Tom Kerridge's book, Pinch of Nom website/books and/or taking the little tricks from them and applying it to what I do normally and it's been the biggest help in sticking to it. I'm - going by this morning - just a few pounds away from my initial goal weight which upon hitting I would make plans to buy a place in the Play on the Pitch event next season at Easter Road.

Not told my group of friends yet but also now planning to climb Ben Nevis next summer. Glorious feeling to be able to consider things that I would have felt intimidated by before due to my poor fitness. Last year at my heaviest I was twenty stone ten pounds - I'm now seventeen stone six pounds. Some of that last year but the bulk of it lost in 2022.

Enjoy your son's wedding, enjoy all the inevitable comments about looking well and the like too. Will happily share some recipes with anyone on here who wants a healthier version of a takeaway
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 10-05-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    Try not to eat after 7pm.
    Once you get in the routine you’ll find your sleeping better and feeling fresher each morning and the lost weight will stay off.
    Works for me.

Good fir you ,it’s unhealthy binge snacking I need to stop and get back to gym regularly
    Can’t get back to under 13 stone since my Daughters wedding in mid October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    Wow that's some turnaround. Well done Silver!
    I was admitted to hospital 6 times last year with bowel problems, my doctor advised me to make changes to my life style, I haven’t been in hospital 6 times in my life, so that is the reason for the changes, I’m on a waiting list to see a surgeon but since changes I have not been admitted to hospital this year even though I’m having flare ups in my bowel, got a infection just now though, just got to stick to things and I enjoy my walk everyday something I haven’t done for a long time.

Hope you are on the mend J.

Worked very hard on finding the takeaways that I know I can't replace mentally after a bad day and been able to find recipes through Tom Kerridge's book, Pinch of Nom website/books and/or taking the little tricks from them and applying it to what I do normally and it's been the biggest help in sticking to it. I'm - going by this morning - just a few pounds away from my initial goal weight which upon hitting I would make plans to buy a place in the Play on the Pitch event next season at Easter Road.

Not told my group of friends yet but also now planning to climb Ben Nevis next summer. Glorious feeling to be able to consider things that I would have felt intimidated by before due to my poor fitness. Last year at my heaviest I was twenty stone ten pounds - I'm now seventeen stone six pounds. Some of that last year but the bulk of it lost in 2022.

Enjoy your son's wedding, enjoy all the inevitable comments about looking well and the like too. Will happily share some recipes with anyone on here who wants a healthier version of a takeaway
    I ain’t the greatest cook but I have a brother in law who loves cooking and he makes a lot of my meals for me, mostly vegan, and most days it one main meal a day and the rest is fruit and water.

Cheers and once again stick in with your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Good fir you ,it’s unhealthy binge snacking I need to stop and get back to gym regularly
    Can’t get back to under 13 stone since my Daughters wedding in mid October

I would eat a lot at night but stopped that, if I’m hungry I have some nuts and raisins nowadays, 13 stone would be a dream come true for me.

I would eat a lot at night but stopped that, if I’m hungry I have some nuts and raisins nowadays, 13 stone would be a dream come true for me.
    I ain’t13 stone-now lol but took your advice and bought a big packet of juicy raisins yesterday but ate some chocolate digestives as well
    Will take me a few weeks to get in the zone and use will power but if I stick to it I will get to that weight in four to six weeks but it’s then staying at that and not piling it back on
    Am waiting on a prostrate procedure been told by consultant no chance this year because of backlog caused by covid
    So hope you get something sooner
    I had bowel problems for years Retired at 60 and lack of stress helped big style but have always liked walking and doing Munro’s Just takes me hours more now
    You can’t buy health so if changing certain bits of lifestyle helps stick to it mate

https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/diet-...i-max-chicken/

This is really delicious and very low calorie.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    Try not to eat after 7pm.
    Once you get in the routine you’ll find your sleeping better and feeling fresher each morning and the lost weight will stay off.
    Works for me.
    Have to agree with the sleeping bit. I’ve had a few nights over the past couple of weeks where I’ve not been able to get to sleep, or when I eventually did it would be for an hour then couldn’t get back to sleep. They all coincided with me eating at about 9pm or later in last night’s case.

I've been trying to lose weight for my wedding in September. Properly started about a month ago and I’ve lost half a stone. I think it would have been more but I had a couple of weeks where I had flu like symptoms and really couldn’t go to gym.

Hopefully, I’ll get back into it as I have about 4 stone to lose to get myself at the heavier end of my healthy BMI weight range.

On the sleeping thing, I work 15 minutes walk away from home so often only get up at 8am. The last few weeks I’ve made a concerted effort to get up an hour earlier and go for a bit of a jog then come home and tidy the kitchen etc from the previous evening. Now that I’m getting used to it, I’m hardly noticing losing an hour of sleep. To the extent that I was up early enough yesterday to go for a bit of a jog even though we’re in Edinburgh for the weekend (with associated food consumption and boozing)

Daft as it seems, but seen a photo of myself taken yesterday and for the first time I can remember I didn't have a negative mental reaction to seeing how I look. Don't get me wrong, I'm still wanting to lose a stone and a half or so but for the first time I can remember I looked at myself and was pleased with how I was looking.

As small a thing as that may seem, it feels monumental in my brain to have that reaction.

The only thing that works is consistency.

Keep exercising and cut down the amount of food and over time you will see results. A quick fix will never work long term.

I put weight on over a number of years. These quick fixes work for a short time but never lasts.

Be constant and you will be fine. Think I'm two years down the line, I never worry about scales etc I just carry on mixing my exercise, trying to eat as well as possible and have my treat days.

Every time I see someone I have not seen for a while they say wow you have lost weight.

Daft as it seems, but seen a photo of myself taken yesterday and for the first time I can remember I didn't have a negative mental reaction to seeing how I look. Don't get me wrong, I'm still wanting to lose a stone and a half or so but for the first time I can remember I looked at myself and was pleased with how I was looking.

As small a thing as that may seem, it feels monumental in my brain to have that reaction.
    That's awesome

Got myself back into 5s with mates lately and it's mad how long it takes now to get the stamina back up. I make Eduardo Hurtado look like Billy Whizz.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    The only thing that works is consistency.

Keep exercising and cut down the amount of food and over time you will see results. A quick fix will never work long term.

I put weight on over a number of years. These quick fixes work for a short time but never lasts.

Be constant and you will be fine. Think I'm two years down the line, I never worry about scales etc I just carry on mixing my exercise, trying to eat as well as possible and have my treat days.

Every time I see someone I have not seen for a while they say wow you have lost weight.
    Consistency is so vital. Spent quite some time looking at what exercise I enjoy, what food and drink I enjoy and found ways to make them fit into a healthy diet and lifestyle as I think you have to accept that although you can absolutely have a treat here and there, it's a lifestyle change you have to commit to and if you can't stick to it, then it won't work.

I hate the gym with a passion and in the past I was convinced I'd need to go to the gym to lose weight. I went to the gym 3-4 times a week in the past and after a few weeks or months I gave up on it. I stopped eating some of my favourite foods and couldn't stick to it.

Had a few people I know ask how I've gone about it to have the success I've had so far and it's been simple - it's realising that the changes you make have to last. The group I play football with share recipes that we find that are healthy but comforting and we all play at least two hours of football a week and some of us are planning on incorporating a Parkrun as often as possible. We all support each other and also see each others' success and that in itself helps to motivate.

That planning does so much in leading to consistency and consistency leads to results.

Another three pounds this week. Upped my calorie intake and incorporated a bit of resistance training in and more yoga but also been keeping activity high too. Three stones and seven pounds overall now. Really in a groove where the diet and activity are all enjoyable right now.

Much as I hate the place, rejoined the gym. Going to be doing a bit more in terms of resistance and weights as I'm now over three and a half stone down from Christmas and there's still a bit of a belly to lose but not as much of a rush to shift that. Keeping up the two hours of football each week, keeping up the cold water swimming and that still but time to move to the next phase of all this.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Much as I hate the place, rejoined the gym. Going to be doing a bit more in terms of resistance and weights as I'm now over three and a half stone down from Christmas and there's still a bit of a belly to lose but not as much of a rush to shift that. Keeping up the two hours of football each week, keeping up the cold water swimming and that still but time to move to the next phase of all this.
    You're an inspiration!

Been told that I have high cholesterol levels and been put on statins. Sitting around 11st 10lb and would like to be half stone lighter and I know that doesn't sound too bad but I like food. I do the weekly Parkrun when I can and gardening are the most exercise I get.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    You're an inspiration!

Been told that I have high cholesterol levels and been put on statins. Sitting around 11st 10lb and would like to be half stone lighter and I know that doesn't sound too bad but I like food. I do the weekly Parkrun when I can and gardening are the most exercise I get.
    I'm in the process of starting a blog and perhaps in the future something like a podcast in regards to it all - I've failed countless times over the years to shift weight and think I've had a few revelations along the way that are way more universal than a lot of the things out there designed to shift supplements or DVDs or programmes and the like. Defo something in the pipeline.

Key thing is to enjoy it. So much easier to stick to if it doesn't feel like as much hard work as it is.

Starting to do meal prep for the week ahead on Sunday's

Hoping it will lead to eating healthier, snacking less, save some money and also free up some time midweek for some exercise

Around 2 stone overweight so would be good to shift some of that - third baby due in September so looking to establish some routines before then