hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

West Stand Incident

Anyone know how the person is that was getting medical attention in West stand at beginning of game ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

You could see them carrying out CPR from the East Stand. Lasted around 10 mins. Hopefully the person is ok?

Sportsound saying they've revived the boy after a heart attack. Seen them performing CPR from the east. Thoughts and prayers with the boy and his family. Hang in mate, GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    It was a woman who was there with her daughter, was just in the row in front of me. Absolutely awful to see but brilliant that they revived her, paramedics are genuine heroes. So glad they brought her round.

Could see they were performing CPR from the FF, couldn't have been nice for those up close.

Glad to hear Sportsound and Off The Ball say the person was revived before leaving the stadium, hopefully a good sign. I assume they have a portable defibrillator in ER?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Great effort from the medical team. They were doing the CPR at quite a physical rate for a good number of minutes. Very glad to hear she was revived and hope she makes a full recovery

Good to hear that she was revived. Must have been awful to witness.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Glad to hear the lady was revived, could clearly see from the east that they were doing cpr.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Very glad to hear that the woman was revived. Looked terrible from the East.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Someone else took ill at the end of the match in the east. They were lying on the seats in the lower section. Hopefully just too much sun. Think someone with them gave a thumbs up to another person as they went past.
    Glad that they managed to revive the woman in the east. Praying that she will be ok.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    It was a bit surreal watching the game and right across from us someone was clearly fighting for their life. Hope whoever it was they make a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a bit surreal watching the game and right across from us someone was clearly fighting for their life. Hope whoever it was they make a full recovery.
    Glad to hear they are better ... I was similar found it difficult to watch the game

It was easily the worst thing I've witnessed at a football match, so glad the person was revived.

Glad to hear they managed to bring her round. I really feared the worst when I saw them performing CPR for what seemed like ages and then the white sheet got brought out.

Fingers crossed she's ok.

Was horrendous to watch the efforts of the stewards/first aiders. Paramedics seemed to take a long time to arrive. Thought it very poignant how both sets of fans spontaneously applauded her as she was carried away. I feared the worse also given the length of time she was being worked on.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Glad to hear they are better ... I was similar found it difficult to watch the game

I would have had no problems with the game being stopped at that point - I recall Kevin Clancy calling, coincidentally, a Killie v Hibs game off at the start of the second half during similar scenes, which put football into perspective IMHO. I think it impacted both players and fans alike during the first 20 minutes today. Really hope the lady makes a full recovery.
    Last edited by Jamesie; 28-04-2018 at 07:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Me too, was hoping we weren’t going to score while this was going on
    Not sure if I could have celebrated a goal at that moment
    Glad to hear they are on the mend!

Yeah I felt that way as well. It just didn’t feel right when that was going on.

Hope the person is ok. As much as they have been extremely unfortunate, the fact it happened where it did with the paramedics on hand has hopefully given them a fighting chance.

Yeah, it felt very wrong watching the game as it played out.
    Was in the East as round after round of chest compression's were being conducted.

Hats off to the paramedics.
    They were the Men and Women of the Match for me
    Simply put WONDERFUL.

Without a doubt the worst thng i’ve ever witnessed at a football game, so horrible to see but glad that it seems they’ve brought her back. Stood and applauded the efforts of the first aiders, the boys on the park gave it their best but the true heroes today were those who carried out the cpr and look to have saved a life

For all it doesn’t happen often I wonder if an investment in some green screens like they have at the racing might be an idea.

Something like today isn’t nice to watch, it must be difficult to work effectively in such a public setting and it can’t be nice for someone being treated to know they are being watched. Whilst that maybe wasn’t an issue today it could be if someone is being treated but is conscious.

A small outlay to afford emergency staff and patient a bit privacy seems reasonable to me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Yeah, it felt very wrong watching the game as it played out.
    Was in the East as round after round of chest compression's were being conducted.

Hats off to the paramedics.
    They were the Men and Women of the Match for me
    Simply put WONDERFUL.
    And to the Stewards who are so often the brunt of criticism. It was the match stewards that were first on the scene and began carrying out cpr until the medical professionals arrived.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’ve never seen CPR carried out on anyone before and it was pretty grim viewing from the East, was shocked at what was unfolding. Paramedics deserve all the praise they get for getting her heart started again. Hope she makes a full recovery and is back at Easter Road soon.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    For all it doesn’t happen often I wonder if an investment in some green screens like they have at the racing might be an idea.

Something like today isn’t nice to watch, it must be difficult to work effectively in such a public setting and it can’t be nice for someone being treated to know they are being watched. Whilst that maybe wasn’t an issue today it could be if someone is being treated but is conscious.

A small outlay to afford emergency staff and patient a bit privacy seems reasonable to me.
    Thankfully after a few minutes a white sheet appeared and was held in front of the incident to give some privacy.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I've seen it before on a train at work and on that occasion the person unfortunately did not make it, not pleasant viewing at all. Glad they pulled through today though. NHS staff are overworked and underpaid and deserve our respect.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

You do a great job here,and I thank you.
    Cardiac arrested twice and God bless the people who saved my life.
    If you had that happen to you,and by the way there ain't no"follow the light" shot,I say jump up and down on my chest until I'm breathing again.
    Kids need to know this.

I also fart in public.

Much to my better halfs annoyance😎

I was at Killie when the aforementioned incident happened which was sad and horrible at the same time. I watched in horror from the East as the stewards and paramedics did their stuff today.....for 19 minutes. Heroes every one and I hope the lady mskes a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    And to the Stewards who are so often the brunt of criticism. It was the match stewards that were first on the scene and began carrying out cpr until the medical professionals arrived.
    Brilliant.
    Lots of us have been trained how to do CPR but doing it for real before the professionals arrive in such a public environment must have been terrifying for the stewards concerned.
    Great that they had the balls to get on with it.

I sit in the West upper so above the incident, I now assume this is what the 18th minute applause was for? I hope they make a full recovery and well done to everyone who helped, in what must have been very difficult circumstances.

Was very slow & painful to watch, really hope it ended up well.
    Somebody collapsed outside the Hibs Club just after the game as well, looked like a bad epileptic fit was on the ground for a long time.