hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Exuberance Sunday

Remember when the old now deid Rangers were involved in helicopter Sunday at Easter Rd?

Time to pump them on Exuberance Sunday.

What else can we call giving Sevco a good skelping on a Sunday?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Hun Skelp Sunday

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I wasn't there myself, but didn't both sets of fans invade the pitch on helicopter Sunday too? They had won the league and we'd secured 3rd and Europe.

From what I've heard there wasn't a lot of bother and the fans mingled fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't there myself, but didn't both sets of fans invade the pitch on helicopter Sunday too? They had won the league and we'd secured 3rd and Europe.

From what I've heard there wasn't a lot of bother and the fans mingled fairly well.
    I was about 11 years on in the old East Stand and ran onto the park and stayed in the Famous Five half of the park but I can't remember any Rangers fans being on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post

Fans were on the pitch on seperate ocassions if I remember correctly. Hibs going onnafter theyd been cleared off.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    There were Rangers fans on the park that day, they broke the goal and one of them came running towards the East stand waving a union flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    There were Rangers fans on the park that day, they broke the goal and one of them came running towards the East stand waving a union flag.
    Was in the East too. All police efforts seemed to be aimed at keeping hibs fans in the stand, while the huns were allowed to run riot on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    I was about 11 years on in the old East Stand and ran onto the park and stayed in the Famous Five half of the park but I can't remember any Rangers fans being on the park.
    The most definitely were. I actually don't recall the Hibs fans being on (maybe they were embracing players during the lap of honour?) but sounds like it was both sets on.

I definitely don't recall a mass hunt for all involved and a statement from Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Both sides invaded the pitch, remember it well.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Definitely happened but what we didn't appreciate at the time was that they were not in fact anything to do with the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Many years later the real filth were outed as being Scottish cup FC and West of Scotland FC supporters.

Exposed for the nation in an exclusive by the daily record. Scotland's shame, all of the above.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Was in the East too. All police efforts seemed to be aimed at keeping hibs fans in the stand, while the huns were allowed to run riot on the pitch.
    Indeed - I don't recall any Hibs fans on the park - if there was it must have been no more than a handful. By contrast, Rangers fans were on the pitch in their hundreds and I recall that as well as the police and stewards putting a ring of steel around the Hibs stands, by the end of the episode there was a row of Police horses on the halfway line.

There was provocation of the highest order from the Rangers supporters - a large Union flag was laid out near the centre circle which a number of them proceeded to kiss while indicating to the Hibs fans that they should be bowing and paying respect to the flag. If Hibs fans had made it on to the pitch that day there would have been bloodshed. I went to the game with a girl I worked with at the time and it remains her one and only experience of a football match. It was the most poisonous atmosphere I had experienced at Easter Road since the "Mercer" Derby in 1989.

He's a right lad that Ivan Sproule.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    He's a right lad that Ivan Sproule.

I was raging that day despite qualifying for Europe. When news came through that Celtic were getting beat, we had the chance to press for an equaliser which would have stopped them winning it but sat back and settled for 1-0 defeat.
    Not pro Celtic but that would have been the perfect end to the season. I know that losing another goal could have affected our chances of qualifying but it would in
    my opinion been worth the risk.
    Also there was no injury time which no one seemed to pick up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Indeed - I don't recall any Hibs fans on the park - if there was it must have been no more than a handful. By contrast, Rangers fans were on the pitch in their hundreds and I recall that as well as the police and stewards putting a ring of steel around the Hibs stands, by the end of the episode there was a row of Police horses on the halfway line.

There was provocation of the highest order from the Rangers supporters - a large Union flag was laid out near the centre circle which a number of them proceeded to kiss while indicating to the Hibs fans that they should be bowing and paying respect to the flag. If Hibs fans had made it on to the pitch that day there would have been bloodshed. I went to the game with a girl I worked with at the time and it remains her one and only experience of a football match. It was the most poisonous atmosphere I had experienced at Easter Road since the "Mercer" Derby in 1989.
    Correct the old east railings and drop to pitch stopped a full scale riot. If Hibs fans could have got on pitch quickly then it would have been mayhem. Not a peep was mentioned press

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I remember some of the Rangers fans climbing from the top tier to the bottom to get on the pitch. it was a boring game but between the hibs and rangers fans the afters made up for it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I always thought we got on the pitch first. It was included in that DVD about Mowbray's first season in charge.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    I always thought we got on the pitch first. It was included in that DVD about Mowbray's first season in charge.
    Is that the one where a young Sparky can be seen amongst the Hibs fans (in the stands, not the pitch, to be clear!!)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Is that the one where a young Sparky can be seen amongst the Hibs fans (in the stands, not the pitch, to be clear!!)
    I'm not sure, would need to watch again. The players where in with the support when we went on the pitch though, might have even been the lap of honour

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    I was raging that day despite qualifying for Europe. When news came through that Celtic were getting beat, we had the chance to press for an equaliser which would have stopped them winning it but sat back and settled for 1-0 defeat.
    Not pro Celtic but that would have been the perfect end to the season. I know that losing another goal could have affected our chances of qualifying but it would in
    my opinion been worth the risk.
    Also there was no injury time which no one seemed to pick up on.
    You would rather Hibs pressed for an equaliser that we had no need to get, and lose out on getting into Europe, just so Celtic could win the league? Celtic failed themselves, we look after Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    You would rather Hibs pressed for an equaliser that we had no need to get, and lose out on getting into Europe, just so Celtic could win the league? Celtic failed themselves, we look after Hibs.
    Correct

Both sets of fans on the pitch at different times definitely no mingling.

Nothing to do with Celtic imo, everything to do with no wanting the Huns winning the league at ER. Totally took the shine off us qualifying for Europe for me. The game was played out as per West Germany v Austria '82 WC. We could at least have tried to equalise - Rangers weren't interested in crossing the half way line, we had nothing to lose.

Btw, I'm desperate for Hibs to win next Saturday too - no desire to see Celtic celebrating at the Holy Ground either.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Totally agree couldnt care who won the league as we should always protect our own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Nothing to do with Celtic imo, everything to do with no wanting the Huns winning the league at ER. Totally took the shine off us qualifying for Europe for me. The game was played out as per West Germany v Austria '82 WC. We could at least have tried to equalise - Rangers weren't interested in crossing the half way line, we had nothing to lose.

Btw, I'm desperate for Hibs to win next Saturday too - no desire to see Celtic celebrating at the Holy Ground either.
    And risk us not qualifying for Europe? Who wins the league and where it a done is irrelevant to me and Hibs. Utterly mental.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I remember the Rangers fans applauding the hibs lap of honour, while they were waiting on the trophy getting to Easter Road. They were that delirious they would’ve applauded the pope in a Celtic top, it was a strange day.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post

We where a goal away from missing out on Europe. Would have been madness to go looking to win. I don’t care who wins the league out the old firm and meant little to me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I remember the Rangers fans applauding the hibs lap of honour, while they were waiting on the trophy getting to Easter Road. They were that delirious they would’ve applauded the pope in a Celtic top, it was a strange day.
    I left well before they got presented with the league trophy mind you. Think I was at Scottie’s by that time.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    some of "you died in 2012" fans came onto the pitch, remember it well as it was a lovely warm day

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    some of "you died in 2012" fans came onto the pitch, remember it well as it was a lovely warm day
    I can't even remember the last warm day