hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leanne Talks

Leanne Talks

Great 18 min video on hibs tv put out today with Leanne on season ticket sales so far.

Talks about a few other things too like reallocation of season tickets if you are an adult in the family section and saying they will NOT be filling in the corners anytime soon!

Worth a watch.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    She of course talks the club up but does so in an honest, intelligent and articulate way. You have confidence that there is a thought out realistic plan for moving things forward from where we have reached.

"Lang may her lum reek" at ER
    👍👍👍

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    I don't understand why this type/subject of update is not on free view which I can fully understand for match highlights. I would have thought as many fans watching her update would be good?
    "Home advantage gives you an advantage" Sir Bobby Robson

Quote Originally Posted by Devonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand why this type/subject of update is not on free view which I can fully understand for match highlights. I would have thought as many fans watching her update would be good?
    Or you could subscribe for like £6 a month and watch it. Good on Hibs TV for producing content worth paying for IMO.

You can listen to it for free ... sure link on Facebook page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on Radio Hibs https://soundcloud.com/user-73463353...eeann-dempster

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    thanks
    "Home advantage gives you an advantage" Sir Bobby Robson

Interesting to hear she is strongly encouraging adults without kids to move from south lower.

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent interview. Puts across the difficult points in an easily understandable and acceptable way. No cirners getting filled in. People need to move at times from seats they have enjoyed firvsome time. Club has to balance fan comfort with the moving face of fann attendance, finance and Scottish football

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Interesting to hear she is strongly encouraging adults without kids to move from south lower.
    FF lower I presume you mean

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Interesting to hear she is strongly encouraging adults without kids to move from north lower.
    Good to hear her say what most fans are thinking.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    I don't think we will ever fill the corners, doesn't make sense financially. We need to maximise what we have now by filling the ground, which in my eyes is a beautiful stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    I don't think we will ever fill the corners, doesn't make sense financially. We need to maximise what we have now by filling the ground, which in my eyes is a beautiful stadium.
    Not heard her interview but agree re corners. A category B season ticket is more likely as we only use the full south stand for the old filth and the wall punchers from Gorgie

Makes absolute sense. I took that comment by Leeann as an appeal to those who originally were child seat holders that have now ‘grown up’ and become adults to move to another adult seat in the stadium to make way for new kids to get the chance of a cheap starter season ticket.
    I did that myself when kids grew up. From what was originally 4 seats occupied in FF Lower, I now have just the 2 adult seats in West Upper. 2 of my boys, whilst still Hibbys, now live overseas, so 4 seats no longer required.
    That said, I suppose when I made that move some 15 years ago, there wasn’t as much clamour for seats in either FF Lower or indeed elsewhere in the stadium. Our situation as a club today is a healthy one but we always need to allow progress and make space available for new younger supporters to attend and become committed supporters of the club in future years.

Speaks with quiet, determined authority. Very thoughtful, logical and optimistically honest. In my view she has been the number one factor behind the clubs resurgence and that is to take nothing away from either Lennon or Stubbs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Or you could subscribe for like £6 a month and watch it. Good on Hibs TV for producing content worth paying for IMO.
    Or you could let the whole support some of who may be undecided about getting a season ticket watch the interview.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    Thanks Radium

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Makes absolute sense. I took that comment by Leeann as an appeal to those who originally were child seat holders that have now ‘grown up’ and become adults to move to another adult seat in the stadium to make way for new kids to get the chance of a cheap starter season ticket.
    I did that myself when kids grew up. From what was originally 4 seats occupied in FF Lower, I now have just the 2 adult seats in West Upper. 2 of my boys, whilst still Hibbys, now live overseas, so 4 seats no longer required.
    That said, I suppose when I made that move some 15 years ago, there wasn’t as much clamour for seats in either FF Lower or indeed elsewhere in the stadium. Our situation as a club today is a healthy one but we always need to allow progress and make space available for new younger supporters to attend and become committed supporters of the club in future years.
    I agree. However can understand reluctance to move from a good seat to a poor one if there aren't many available

Its only £5.99 per month and beats listening to open all a##eholes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its only £5.99 per month and beats listening to open all a##eholes anytime mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It would be helpful if they could clarify what a family group will be defined as. Myself, Dad, brother and daughter sit in the FF with only my ticket linked to my daughters child ticket. The TO can't tell me if that will be considered a family group - although they seem to be focsuing on the other adults paying full price (which they currently do) rather than whether we'd be allowed to stay. With seats elsewhere at a premium I'd rather we moved now but don't want to move only to find out we didn't have to!

Not going to lie it does irk me having to move having sat there as a family since it was built, particuarly with the lack of decent seats but can see where Hibs are coming from. It's not going to be easy to manage however, particuarly with people already being asked to move from Section 50.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhibee_again View Post
    It would be helpful if they could clarify what a family group will be defined as. Myself, Dad, brother and daughter sit in the FF with only my ticket linked to my daughters child ticket. The TO can't tell me if that will be considered a family group - although they seem to be focsuing on the other adults paying full price (which they currently do) rather than whether we'd be allowed to stay. With seats elsewhere at a premium I'd rather we moved now but don't want to move only to find out we didn't have to!

Not going to lie it does irk me having to move having sat there as a family since it was built, particuarly with the lack of decent seats but can see where Hibs are coming from. It's not going to be easy to manage however, particuarly with people already being asked to move from Section 50.
    listening to Leeann she says that a family group is not just "the family", she mentions it could even include neighbours/friends.

I like the bit where she mentions the match day experience in the section getting more child focused, she even mentions the "language" that the kids hear..... hopefully in a way that'll encourage those folks who are genuinely there without children to consider moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    listening to Leeann she says that a family group is not just "the family", she mentions it could even include neighbours/friends.

I like the bit where she mentions the match day experience in the section getting more child focused, she even mentions the "language" that the kids hear..... hopefully in a way that'll encourage those folks who are genuinely there without children to consider moving?
    Interesting I took that section of the interview the other way, in that they wouldn't be considered a group! Might need to listen to it again - be helpful if it was clarified fully and up front as they are asking people to consider moving now.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhibee_again View Post
    Interesting I took that section of the interview the other way, in that they wouldn't be considered a group! Might need to listen to it again - be helpful if it was clarified fully and up front as they are asking people to consider moving now.
    ha ha! ..... I'll need to go back and listen as well!

And agreed, it does need clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    I agree. However can understand reluctance to move from a good seat to a poor one if there aren't many available
    Yeah. Absolutely get it for that reason. It’s a polite request at the moment. Appealing to the good nature of fans. However, she did mention that (mandatory?) reallocation might have to be considered. Not ideal for those affected. Let’s hope it comes to a satisfactory conclusion that suits all parties.

Testimonial Due
    Hopefully, they will make it so child focused that any sane adult without wee ones will move anyway, thus solving the problem.

I think it is important to hibs future as a club, that there is a good numbet of spaces for the next generation of fans.

Personally, im dreading what will happen when my wee one gets to fitba going age, as i dont want to give up my seat bang in the middle of the east, but we all have to make sacrifices for the good of the club!

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Good on Leanne for picking up on the issues of the day and getting the clubs take on them out there asap.

Hopefully the message gets out and we can fill that family section with new young Hibees.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Hopefully, they will make it so child focused that any sane adult without wee ones will move anyway, thus solving the problem.

I think it is important to hibs future as a club, that there is a good numbet of spaces for the next generation of fans.

Personally, im dreading what will happen when my wee one gets to fitba going age, as i dont want to give up my seat bang in the middle of the east, but we all have to make sacrifices for the good of the club!
    Well I’m a sane adult and if Hibs can find me a half decent seat then I’ll happily move. Already forced to move regarding the lift issue and I can assure you there are no decent seats available in the West Stand, Upper or Lower, quite the contrary. The East wasn’t an option at that time for us to move to but would be now so will need to see what’s available there, although according to their ST correspondence, all the best seats are already taken !! Hardly fills you with confidence to find a new seat. It’s a tough one for them and I don’t know what they’re going to do about it. By the way, it was Hibs who offered us the seats in the FF lower at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Well I’m a sane adult and if Hibs can find me a half decent seat then I’ll happily move. Already forced to move regarding the lift issue and I can assure you there are no decent seats available in the West Stand, Upper or Lower, quite the contrary. The East wasn’t an option at that time for us to move to but would be now so will need to see what’s available there, although according to their ST correspondence, all the best seats are already taken !! Hardly fills you with confidence to find a new seat. It’s a tough one for them and I don’t know what they’re going to do about it. By the way, it was Hibs who offered us the seats in the FF lower at the start of the season.
    Well by the sounds of things if push comes to shove hibs will be pushing and shoving you into a new seat. Best jump before you are pushed