hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ali Crawford

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Ali Crawford

Lennon just said on BT sport that we’d had a good look at him. When pressed, he didn’t say no to signing him
    Could be our 1st signing in the new window

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon just said on BT sport that we’d had a good look at him. When pressed, he didn’t say no to signing him
    Was once a top prospect but injuries seem to have ruined him this season. Would definitely prefer Allan for that position in midfield but that move all depends on cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Was once a top prospect but injuries seem to have ruined him this season. Would definitely prefer Allan for that position in midfield but that move all depends on cash.
    A replacement for SJM maybe

Is he any good billy?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Is he any good billy?
    Haven’t seen enough of him to make a decision
    Remember we haven’t played Hamilton for 3 years, until this season

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Not sure they are the same kind of player. Crawford tends to play as an attacking midfielder. Wee assist for the Hamilton equaliser today for him.

Think I'd prefer Allan, Swanson, Henderson and possibly even Templeton over him.

Would like to see more Fraser Murray too.

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Not the same.type of player at all and as stated Allan, Swanson both better players currently and I I would love.to see Fraser Murray be given more game.time next season ...McGinn much more powerful than Crawford as well

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Have rated AC when I’ve seen him play, maybe NL looking to offload Slivka who hasn’t had look in recently for whatever reason it doesn’t seem to working out just like his countryman Big Dave! Or sees him in a new midfield if we can’t get Brendon Barker back next season?

Slivka has been injured and only just making the squad again

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Slivka has been injured and only just making the squad again
    The rumour I heard when we signed him, was he was McGinn’s replacement, not like for like, but as a 1st choice midfielder at Hibs
    But he's not been a 1st pick most of the season, when he’s been fit!

Think we’ve jet to see the best of him, but we don’t know if he’s settled in Edinburgh or not

Depends who goes. Allan needs to be the top priority signing. After that Crawford may be an option if others go.

Personally I think we don't need much altering next season if we can use our budget to retain who we have now. The balance and options in our squad are really good.

I would definitely be fine with bringing him into the squad, not an out and out winger and more a number 10 as folk have suggested but I think he's quite a versatile player. Allan would be a preferred choice in that role but imo I'd rather have the option of Ali Crawford to go wide or through the middle than Swanson.

@hibs.net private member
    He is free to leave in the summer and I cannot imagine he commands a huge wage so I’d take him... especially if we lose McGinn and/or McGeouch, definitely a prospect.

If McGeogh leaves then Kamara at Dundee would be a good option for a replacement. I’d rather have Allan than Crawford. There is no way he can replace mcginn, different types of player.
    Might be that he comes in as a squad player.

Testimonial Due
    The rumour I heard when we signed him, was he was McGinn’s replacement, not like for like, but as a 1st choice midfielder at Hibs
    But he's not been a 1st pick most of the season, when he’s been fit!

Think we’ve jet to see the best of him, but we don’t know if he’s settled in Edinburgh or not
    Surely if he's the replacement for McGinn then he's not going to be no1 while McGinn is here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If McGeogh leaves then Kamara at Dundee would be a good option for a replacement. I’d rather have Allan than Crawford. There is no way he can replace mcginn, different types of player.
    Might be that he comes in as a squad player.
    Are we not showing interest in Mulumbu from Killie? Similar type of player to McGinn. Not a long term replacement for him, but is there such a thing as long term in football anyway?

Are we not showing interest in Mulumbu from Killie? Similar type of player to McGinn. Not a long term replacement for him, but is there such a thing as long term in football anyway?
    I highly doubt Mulumbu will be in Scotland next season, if he is it will be for Sevco most likely.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd definitely take him, particularly as he's going for nothing in the summer. Surprised how old he is though and suspect he'll be looking for a big contract given he won't have many more chances

He can’t really be regarded as a prospect at 26. Bit strange he’s still at Hamilton and no one has come in for him

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    He can’t really be regarded as a prospect at 26. Bit strange he’s still at Hamilton and no one has come in for him
    Rangers went in for him in the last two years. He would be more than a squad player for us. (assuming we dont keep the current 3 in Midfield)

We were linked with him last summer after missing out on Luke Berry (I’d post the link, but it’s the Daily Record).

Don’t know much about him other than he’s scored a winner at Parkhead, and also notoriously nutmegged Joey Barton.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    We were linked with him last summer after missing out on Luke Berry (I’d post the link, but it’s the Daily Record).

Don’t know much about him other than he’s scored a winner at Parkhead, and also notoriously nutmegged Joey Barton.
    Up here, everyone nut megged Joey Barton.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I'd definitely take him, particularly as he's going for nothing in the summer. Surprised how old he is though and suspect he'll be looking for a big contract given he won't have many more chances
    I don’t know a lot about him but from what I have seen I doubt he’s got a big contract offer coming up. I’m probably in the camp that thinks we could do better, although I’m not going to be up in arms if we do sign him.