hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Maclaren

Jamie Maclaren

Great article in the EEN about Jamie, seems to be really enjoying life at Hibs and is open to staying. Unfortunately the ball is not really in our park but encouraging signs nonetheless

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...aces-1-4719508

Also another good article here about his relationship with Kamberi. Seems like they get on well off the field as well as on so that's certainly a good thing for us.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...hibs-1-4719515

Would love it if we can keep these guys, both likeable and seemingly very humble as well as being great players of course

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great article in the EEN about Jamie, seems to be really enjoying life at Hibs and is open to staying. Unfortunately the ball is not really in our park but encouraging signs nonetheless

Also another good article here about his relationship with Kamberi. Seems like they get on well off the field as well as on so that's certainly a good thing for us.

Would love it if we can keep these guys, both likeable and seemingly very humble as well as being great players of course
    Yep, both very good signings. Credit to whoever got them to the club.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

Agree, would love us to keep both of them. Would like to see us exercise the Kamberi option asap even if there's no immediate need to decide. If we get Kamberi onto a permanent contract it might help with getting Maclaren's and other's situations sorted sooner rather than later.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I suppose that there will be stuff to sort out with Jamie's club in Germany but if he is a high earner there and they drop down a league, they could equally be looking to offload as opposed to cash in?

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I suppose that there will be stuff to sort out with Jamie's club in Germany but if he is a high earner there and they drop down a league, they could equally be looking to offload as opposed to cash in?
    That's what I'm hoping for, I'll be looking out for their result from now until the end of the season.

He’s a decent player, I’m still yet to be convinced that he offers more than Simon Murray.

Always great to hear that the lad is loving it here and is forming a great partnership with Kamberi though.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am also yet to be convinced he is the long term solution but he is a substantial upgrade on Simon Murray.

Simon was a lovely guy, who loved being at Hibs and tried like a bear but at times contributed absolutely nothing and had fallen behind Oli in the pecking order.

Sadly there is no way Simon is a top 6 SPL footballer and whilst I wish him every success I doubt very much it will be with Hibs.

He has neither the control nor game intelligence to make that happen.

Not the most technical, but has shown good football intelligence which I think we have lacked for a long time upfront.

His movement is brilliant. Penalty of striker that we lacked. 1 in every 3 is a ratio that is very decent. Long may it continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I would be delighted to have Jamie, Flo and Murray on the books.

Would you swap Jamie for Simon I guess is the question and I as yet cannot answer that. Simon Murrays attitude at the club has been exemplary always giving his best.

Even if told we were to swap Simon for Ronaldo I would still be sad to lose him simply based on the guys effort.

Jamie also looks like he is determined to score every week. Great position the club is in just now to be able to debate these types of players merits.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like to see Murray given a chance to partner Kamberi as I think he'd suit that position (competing with Maclaren for that place).

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I am also yet to be convinced he is the long term solution but he is a substantial upgrade on Simon Murray.

Simon was a lovely guy, who loved being at Hibs and tried like a bear but at times contributed absolutely nothing and had fallen behind Oli in the pecking order.

Sadly there is no way Simon is a top 6 SPL footballer and whilst I wish him every success I doubt very much it will be with Hibs.

He has neither the control nor game intelligence to make that happen.
    He doesn't have those things yet.

I wouldn't write Murray off right now. He's not that young, but he is relatively inexperienced and has something about him.

I think he'll return from Dundee a better player. He needs games, he needs to be playing football and he'll get regular top level football for 5 months at Dundee that he wouldn't have got here.

If he can make a few tweaks to his game, I still think there is potentially a cracking player in there.

There was quite a lot wrong with our play in the final third during the first half of the season - but it might be interesting to see how Murray would get on feeding off through balls from Scott Allan and with Kamberi up there beside him.

@hibs.net private member
    Simon Murray unfortunately does not have the technical ability, whilst that being controlling a pass or making intelligent runs, that Hibs require to push for 2nd place this season and beyond.
    The work ethic shown by him was phenomenal at the beginning of the season although this seemed lacking before he left.
    Olly Shaw has more natural ability and would like to see him develop into a great striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

Would you swap Jamie for Simon I guess is the question and I as yet cannot answer that. Simon Murrays attitude at the club has been exemplary always giving his best.

Even if told we were to swap Simon for Ronaldo I would still be sad to lose him simply based on the guys effort.

Jamie also looks like he is determined to score every week. Great position the club is in just now to be able to debate these types of players merits.
    Yes I'd swap Maclaren for Murray. That's not to say I don't like Murray, I just like Maclaren more. I think Maclaren is a better finisher, okay he has missed a couple of chances, as all strikers do, but he usually hits the target and forces the keeper to make a save. Murray has missed the occasional sitter which I think Maclaren would have put away. The 2-1 defeat by Rangers at ER being an example where the cross came in from the right and Murray went for it with his right foot when he should have used his left.

Maclaren's link up play is night and day compared to Simon Murray. Not sure if people realise the contribution he makes linking up with Flo and Allan.

I really like Murray as a person but I have to say I'll be very disappointed if he is on the books over Maclaren next season.

Murray won’t be at Hibs next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    Simon Murray unfortunately does not have the technical ability, whilst that being controlling a pass or making intelligent runs, that Hibs require to push for 2nd place this season and beyond.
    The work ethic shown by him was phenomenal at the beginning of the season although this seemed lacking before he left.
    Olly Shaw has more natural ability and would like to see him develop into a great striker.
    I think this is harsh assessment - Simon’s touch and movement was excellent at the beginning of the season. He never played as a genuine 2 upfront, and he was badly affected by Stokes!

I don’t dislike Murray. I admire his tenacity and work rate. But he isn’t good enough for where we want to be as a club sadly. If he wants to stay and fight then fair play. But I know who gets in my team atm and he isn’t one of them.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I don’t dislike Murray. I admire his tenacity and work rate. But he isn’t good enough for where we want to be as a club sadly. If he wants to stay and fight then fair play. But I know who gets in my team atm and he isn’t one of them.
    We need more than 11 players, and with suspensions and injuries we need a strong squad. If we could get players better than Murray on the bench, then i'm all for it.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    He’s a decent player, I’m still yet to be convinced that he offers more than Simon Murray.

Always great to hear that the lad is loving it here and is forming a great partnership with Kamberi though.
    How many times did we put crosses into the box and there was no strikers near the ball in the first half of the season?

Maclaren always seems to be there or there abouts, he actually plays as a striker.

Mclaren and Kamberi must be kept id use any money if Mcginn goes towards keeping them if possible

I did like Murray but his movement was usually very poor, running about like a headless chicken when compared to Maclaren

I think when Scott Allan is at his best, MacLaren will be. Likewise with Boyle. those 3 if they play to their potential we will finish 2nd imo

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    I think this is harsh assessment - Simon’s touch and movement was excellent at the beginning of the season. He never played as a genuine 2 upfront, and he was badly affected by Stokes!
    I thought Simon looked good in the cup, his pace created allot of chances. At the start of the season he looked good and worked very hard. As the season progressed the his control and game mangagement wasn't particularly great for someone playing in a team planting to finish 2nd.
    Maybe partnersing Stonkes never halped

Stop it eh

Remember when we were enduring the likes of Collins and vine, how the times have changed for the better

In an ideal world next season I'd have Kamberi, Maclaren, Shaw and another player who can hold the ball up as back up

I really want Murray to succeed but I think he's too similar to Jamie and Oli and wouldn't want him to hamper the matter's development

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    Stop it eh
    In fairness Ronaldo is now 41 and pretty overweight.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like to see Murray still getting a chance, if he could work on his technical side in the close-season, with his attitude and determination we'd have some player !. Look at the difference in Boyle this season, he has to be the most-improved player at ER !

I don't think Murray is at the right level of quality that we need to progress, did well for us in thecup and odd occassion but he just doesnt have the right overall game intelligence nor is clinical enough for where we want to go as a club/team.