hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

people leaving early

I sit in the east with my son. travel to the games on public transport.i got a lift to the game on Tuesday.was told to leave 10 mins early.left when the 3rd goal.got loads of abuse from folk asking them to move for us.old man shouted at me & others who the **** leaves earlier? Anyone else had this problem?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I can completely understand people leaving the East early. It’s a 15 minutes wait from the FT whistle until you get outside. That said I usually just chill in my seat until things start to move.

Everybody to their own imo. Up to them when they go. As for me, well I only get to see my team for 90/93 min every 7 days so stay right to the end of every game.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can completely understand people leaving the East early. It’s a 15 minutes wait from the FT whistle until you get outside. That said I usually just chill in my seat until things start to move.
    I understand why people leave early too, but even if you don't mind the lengthy egress time, don't you find it really annoying that there is a constant stream of people passing in front of you for the last ten minutes when you're trying to watch the game? It's why I wouldn't choose to sit in the East, unless I could score a seat right in the middle of a section or down at the front, which wouldn't have that problem so much.

This subject has been done to death on a thread recently. I suppose those that do leave early have their reasons but personally I don’t understand it.

If you go see a film, you don’t leave 10 minutes before it ends and miss the climax to the story - do you?
    If you’re out for a meal, you don’t order dessert and then get up to leave and pay for the full meal - do you?
    Why is it any different at a football game? If the journey home is delayed a bit then surely that’s part of the overall experience of going to game even if it is a pain.

I’m probably talking rubbish though because I don’t need to car or bus it home. I’m within walking distance of ER. That said, I still would find it hard to voluntarily leave early and miss 10-15% of the game. Beats me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    I understand why people leave early too, but even if you don't mind the lengthy egress time, don't you find it really annoying that there is a constant stream of people passing in front of you for the last ten minutes when you're trying to watch the game? It's why I wouldn't choose to sit in the East, unless I could score a seat right in the middle of a section or down at the front, which wouldn't have that problem so much.
    I don't care about people leaving early, but I sit near(ish) the front and it's the people that decide to watch the game while walking down the steps or stopping at the bottom for 10 minutes that do my nut in.

GTFO or sit doon!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This subject has been done to death on a thread recently. I suppose those that do leave early have their reasons but personally I don’t understand it.

If you go see a film, you don’t leave 10 minutes before it ends and miss the climax to the story - do you?
    If you’re out for a meal, you don’t order dessert and then get up to leave and pay for the full meal - do you?
    Why is it any different at a football game? If the journey home is delayed a bit then surely that’s part of the overall experience of going to game even if it is a pain.

I’m probably talking rubbish though because I don’t need to car or bus it home. I’m within walking distance of ER. That said, I still would find it hard to voluntarily leave early and miss 10-15% of the game. Beats me!!
    These things aren't really comparible.

The punchline of a film is at the end. Leave early and you may never find out what happened.

The desert in your scran us at the end. Leave early and I'll eat your cheese and crackers.

If Hibs are 3 - 1 up, the game's over.

By the way, folk leave films a lot earlier than 10 mins to go.

Also, if because of other commitments, I've got the choice of watching Hibs for 80 minutes or not at all, what should I do?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    These things aren't really comparible.

The punchline of a film is at the end. Leave early and you may never find out what happened.

The desert in your scran us at the end. Leave early and I'll eat your cheese and crackers.

If Hibs are 3 - 1 up, the game's over.

By the way, folk leave films a lot earlier than 10 mins to go.

Also, if because of other commitments, I've got the choice of watching Hibs for 80 minutes or not at all, what should I do?
    Did you leave Tynecastle with Hearts 2-0 up in the Scottish Cup with ten minutes to go?

Or leave the Cup Final with Sevco 2-1 and ten minutes or so left?

It’s your choice but sometimes matches have a habit of turning around.

I was in London many years ago and went to see West Ham against Leeds United. It was an increadibly boring match with Don Revie’s Leeds grinding out a 2-0 win. I left with ten minutes to go. As I was walking out of the Boleyn Ground I heard a roar. A minute or so later there was another roar. I later found out that West Ham came back to 2-2 only for Leeds to win 3-2 in injury time. I vowed never to leave a match early again and by and large I have kept to this.

I did leave a Hibs match at Dunfermline last season with 5 minutes to go because I needed to catch a train to get me to Haymarket to make a connection to Manchester. I also left a match at Manchester City a few minutes early because we had tickets fir a gig in Otley and needed to get a tram to the Park and Ride in Ashton to get to Leeds in time. We made it with 30 seconds to spare.

The Partick Thistle game was ridiculous, by the time the final whistle went practically half the crowd had already left, mind you it was bloody freezing so I suppose folk just wanted to get into the warm

I don't think I have ever left a game at ER early even if we were getting cuffed and I don't really understand folk who do, especially to beat the traffic and believe me its a consideration for our group so its not as if I'm not in the same boat. At the end of the day you pay £22 whether you stay for 90 minutes or 80 minutes I suppose so folk can do what they want.

The one thing about it that does annoy me a wee bit is to see the players acknowledging the crowd at the end with the stadium rapidly emptying ... I just think its nice for the players to see folk hang about to applaud them, especially after a good performance.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The Partick Thistle game was ridiculous, by the time the final whistle went practically half the crowd had already left, mind you it was bloody freezing so I suppose folk just wanted to get into the warm

I don't think I have ever left a game at ER early even if we were getting cuffed and I don't really understand folk who do, especially to beat the traffic and believe me its a consideration for our group so its not as if I'm not in the same boat. At the end of the day you pay £22 whether you stay for 90 minutes or 80 minutes I suppose so folk can do what they want.

The one thing about it that does annoy me a wee bit is to see the players acknowledging the crowd at the end with the stadium rapidly emptying ... I just think its nice for the players to see folk hang about to applaud them, especially after a good performance.
    Given that my son started Work at 6 we left on 90 minutes. Felt strange as we are normally there till the end.

The surprise was we were back in West Lothian half an hour earlier than usual having only left 3 minutes early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    I don't get why people have to pat themselves on the back and reinforce their decision to stay for the final whistle by having a go at people who leave early. Obviously it's better if people stay until the end, but they paid for their ticket, they can leave when they want to. It should have no bearing on your enjoyment of the game.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Hibs should create a leaving early section so they can all leave together without disturbing the rest of us.

It happens at every ground not just hibs

Threads like these make me so happy. It means we are doing really well on the pitch that we need to find something else to moan about.

Magic 😉

We should run a sweep to guess what will come next. I’ll go for the brightness of the scoreboard........

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Threads like these make me so happy. It means we are doing really well on the pitch that we need to find something else to moan about.

Magic 😉

We should run a sweep to guess what will come next. I’ll go for the brightness of the scoreboard........
    Not been a good BTG moan for a good few months, I'll take that. Was torn between that and loyalty points....

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Not been a good BTG moan for a good few months, I'll take that. Was torn between that and loyalty points....
    Good shout

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Hibs should create a leaving early section so they can all leave together without disturbing the rest of us.
    get the letters out. Maybe they could charge a bit less for those seats since they’ll only see 80% of the match?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Copying Hearts again, the big team have three stands dedicated to this.

From the FF it always looks like more people leave the East early than stay to the end. The stairs are always rammed from 80 odd minutes onwards. The self proclaimed best fans in the stadium are exactly that.....for 79 minutes.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Some folk may have had a walk up to Waverley cos they needed to catch the last train south so may have left a couple of minutes early as Hibs were cruising at 3-1 against 10 men, others may have had similar or other genuine reasons. Sorry if this annoys some Uber fans.

First Team Regular

Could the coming in late people be accomodated in your leaving early section?

First Team Breakthrough
    I leave around 85-90mins at night games (derby aside) as if I get the 9.40 bus on ER I make a train which has me home nearly an hour earlier. I don’t get home till after midnight otherwise which is a nightmare for work in the morning.

Left as soon as third goal went in. Sit in bang
    in middle of East row cc and takes ridiculously long to leave. Plus I can get back to Fife 30 mins earlier by leaving a game which is over. Don't care if someone is a precious princess about that. Makes sense and it's everybody's decision when they leave at. I never stand on stairs and block people's view when I go. Find those boys very disrespectful

Should see it at Old Trafford...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Folk have paid their money its their choice when they leave, its bugger all to do with anyone else. Do folk get shouted at for arriving late or getting up to go for a piss or a pie during the match?

Always good to clap the players at the end. They really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Folk have paid their money its their choice when they leave, its bugger all to do with anyone else. Do folk get shouted at for arriving late or getting up to go for a piss or a pie during the match?
    Totally. Everyone entitled to do what they want.

However, the numbers who leave ER early are extraordinary and I don't see why it cant be discussed. I'd guess the East Stand was about 80 percent empty at full time on Tuesday.

I've not seen numbers disappear like that at other grounds despite folk claiming otherwise.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Could the coming in late people be accomodated in your leaving early section?
    Yes of course.

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Copying Hearts again, the big team have three stands dedicated to this.
    They had a choice between that or a singing section.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

I did leave a Hibs match at Dunfermline last season with 5 minutes to go because I needed to catch a train to get me to Haymarket to make a connection to Manchester. I also left a match at Manchester City a few minutes early because we had tickets fir a gig in Otley and needed to get a tram to the Park and Ride in Ashton to get to Leeds in time. We made it with 30 seconds to spare.
    Exactly my point.

Your choice was either to plan to leave early, or not go to the match.

You just wouldn't go to the cinema in the same circumstances.

What you did was perfectly understandable and why people can't see that is beyond me.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!