hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odds for 2nd

Odds for 2nd

Best odds- Huns 1/1 , Sheep 1/1, Hibs 9/1, must be worth a few quid,assuming we win next two and huns win on sat we go into post split only 1 point behind them,the sheep are in poll position but they have a couple of tough games,Well and ****bos away,if they don't win them both then that is a Massive price for Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best odds- Huns 1/1 , Sheep 1/1, Hibs 9/1, must be worth a few quid,assuming we win next two and huns win on sat we go into post split only 1 point behind them,the sheep are in poll position but they have a couple of tough games,Well and ****bos away,if they don't win them both then that is a Massive price for Hibs.
    Agree, best value odds by miles. Mystic Meg told me pre-split will be 2 wins for Hibs, 2 draws for the Sheep, 1 win for the Huns, meaning we split at 2nd Huns 62 pts, 3rd Hibs 61 pts ahead on GD of 4th Sheep 61 pts.
    Given their poor record v the top teams, the Sheep could then fall away post-split and I'd favour us to get a couple of more points than the Hunsh-ites even if we do end up playing through there. But just gaining one more point than them would not be enough given their massively superior GD. Def worth a punt at 9/1 tho.

Where are you seeing these odds, are they online. I fancy a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by qiut View Post
    Where are you seeing these odds, are they online. I fancy a punt.
    https://www.oddschecker.com/football...p/top-2-finish

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Hibs were 8/1 a couple of weeks ago.

The bookies obviously think that while we might outperform one of the teams above us, bettering both of them is too much of a stretch and I tend to agree.

We'd really need 9 points from Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts away. The cumulative odds of those 3 games alone would probably be more than 9/1.

We also need to win tonight and away at Ross County. For a start, tonight could be tricky because of the heavy pitch.

I hope we do finish 2nd, but I can't see it so I'm not going to back it.

Now if there were odds on finishing third ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

The bookies obviously think that while we might outperform one of the teams above us, bettering both of them is too much of a stretch and I tend to agree.

We'd really need 9 points from Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts away. The cumulative odds of those 3 games alone would probably be more than 9/1.

We also need to win tonight and away at Ross County. For a start, tonight could be tricky because of the heavy pitch.

7/4 for third with SkyBet

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    7/4 for third with SkyBet
    Thanks.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

We need to win these two games, if we do that then we will be, IMO, at worst 2 points behind 2nd (Can’t see Aberdeen winning both, there is a decent chance they won’t win any). I don’t think we will need to win all three of those games. After the split is a free for all with no easy games. Aberdeen will lose to both Celtic and Rangers as usual, Rangers will lose to Celtic as normal. Killie picking up 6-8 points after the split would be ideal which would mean we finish above them but they’ll have beaten one and drew with the other. Hearts getting a couple of draws would also suit us. I can’t really see any side picking up more than 8 after the split apar from Celtic.

Essentially if Aberdeen are second 1 ahead of rangers who are 1 ahead of us, it’ll just be a 5 game minileague and winning that by 2 points isn’t that big an ask.

Testimonial Due
    20/1 at the start of the season.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

I agree with the general sentiment that we probably won’t finish 2nd however not sure I agree with your point regarding needing those three wins.

Win the next 2 is a must to have a chance, beat rangers after the split and draws with Aberdeen and/or hearts could well be enough if Aberdeen don’t win their last 2 before the split which is entirely possible.

Without doing the maths is your assumption that Aberdeen it rangers will win all their remaining games apart from maybe us and Celtic?

Thanks.
    The current value is in 9/1 for 2nd. Not saying mortgage the house but worth a wee interest to fund a night oot. If we win tonight and the Sheep drop points, these odds will be cut a fair bit. If we end up needing at least 9 points from the post-split matches, I'd see them potentially coming from wins v Yams and Killie, and another three from either draws with each of the Sheep, Hunsh-ites and Tic, or one win v. one of them. Yes, accumulative odds would def be better, but which combo to get the nine points?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I agree with the general sentiment that we probably won’t finish 2nd however not sure I agree with your point regarding needing those three wins.

Win the next 2 is a must to have a chance, beat rangers after the split and draws with Aberdeen and/or hearts could well be enough if Aberdeen don’t win their last 2 before the split which is entirely possible.

Without doing the maths is your assumption that Aberdeen it rangers will win all their remaining games apart from maybe us and Celtic?
    I'm assuming that Rangers and Aberdeen will do at least as well as us in their games against Celtic and Hearts.

They might not, but it's logical to do so otherwise I'd be betting on what I hope will happen rather than probability.

That's fine and I'm sure people have won money on hunches etc but I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Aberdeen are 4 points ahead of us with the same games played. 2nd place is in their own hands. A draw against them means that they would have to lose and draw while we continued to win.

I've acknowledged that it might happen, but there's a reason we've gone out to 9/1 and they've shortened.

The current value is in 9/1 for 2nd. Not saying mortgage the house but worth a wee interest to fund a night oot. If we win tonight and the Sheep drop points, these odds will be cut a fair bit. If we end up needing at least 9 points from the post-split matches, I'd see them potentially coming from wins v Yams and Killie, and another three from either draws with each of the Sheep, Hunsh-ites and Tic, or one win v. one of them. Yes, accumulative odds would def be better, but which combo to get the nine points?
    If Aberdeen win tonight, they'll be odds on to finish 2nd.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Sure, I just don't think the Sheep will win tonight. 'Well seem to have shown some decent form recently, admittedly judged only by tv highlights. Lots of IFs in hoping we finish 2nd but if you keep waiting for results to be more sure then you lose the value in the punt. It is overpriced at the mo IMO. Might not be after tonight.

Testimonial Due
    I love the idea of finishing 2nd in our first season back, but what are we going for next season as I still think Celtic will spend well to keep the league safe!
    Most teams seem to struggle after splitting the old firm teams, whether it be losing players or just don't play well.
    Being 2nd will put a big target on our back, and the cups will be a lottery again depending on the draws?
    Still this has been a mega season that I for one never seen coming!!!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

And if they don't and we win i'd fancy us to finish above Aberdeen come the end

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    I got in at 12/1

Sure was

Sheep now 4/6 for 2nd, HUnsh-ites 6/4, Hibs remain 9/1.
    Good thing is we got the three points tonight. Even tho the Sheep did too I still fancy we can make up the 4 point deficit on them over the last six games.

Sheep now 4/6 for 2nd, HUnsh-ites 6/4, Hibs remain 9/1.
    Good thing is we got the three points tonight. Even tho the Sheep did too I still fancy we can make up the 4 point deficit on them over the last six games.
    They’ve got Hearts at Tynecastle, whilst we’ve got Ross County in Dingwall next.

It’s not inconceivable to think we could be within 1 or 2 points of them with the same goal difference by the start of the split. It would be in our hands at that point.

The advantage they have after the split is they don’t have a tense derby match to navigate. They also have us at Pittodrie, and they probably won’t get shafted by the fixtures whereas it’s looking like we will. They do however have a shocking record against the Old Firm.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I only got 14/1 with Skybet Would still love to collect my winnings in a few weeks though

Needed the sheep to drop points against well but just have too hope the horrible lot can do us a turn twice,no way did I think Hibs were a certainty for 2nd but they were a value bet so stuck a ton on them.

Hibs now 12/1 for 2nd. Hunsh-ites now in to odds-on 4/6 and Sheep out to 11/8

2/1 for top three with Sheep at 1/8. Eh???

Where are you seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Where are you seeing that?
    Skybet

Killie at 150/1

Unlikely they can do it obviously but they're only 10 points off Aberdeen with a game in hand and we all know Aberdeen love a good old fashioned bottle

If folk took 9/1, they must be getting offered a cash out now.

The 3 games I thought would be most significant for us, Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers, are still going to be tough, but we probably don't need to win all 3 now.

I can't find any odds for 2nd place now, apart bizarrely, from on Oddschecker where you can get 1000/1 on Hearts

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    If folk took 9/1, they must be getting offered a cash out now.

The 3 games I thought would be most significant for us, Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers, are still going to be tough, but we probably don't need to win all 3 now.

I can't find any odds for 2nd place now, apart bizarrely, from on Oddschecker where you can get 1000/1 on Hearts
    Tbh I still think we really need nine points.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction