hibs.net Messageboard

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 1,021 to 1,038 of 1038
  1. #1021
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote




  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1022
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,389
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pathetic post.

    Show me the rules that say it's mandatory to post on other forums on here.

    You think it's healthy that other points of view are represented, apart from mine.

    There are plenty on here who are the opposite of me in their anti Union and anti Tory stance, but your comfortable with them because they are on the same side as you.

    A truly awful post.

    Your on ignore from now on.
    I don't know how I'll sleep tonight.

    He still didn't answer my question either.

  4. #1023
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a lot of racism, bigotry and intolerance in Scotland. It's nonsense to suggest that being born north of the border somehow renders people more multicultural.

    The fact that people who openly admit that their default position is to dislike/hate "The English" are tolerated, even on this forum, in itself debunks the myth that we're all Jock Tamson's bairns.

    FWIW, I know loads of English people, none of whom are racist.
    To be fair, anecdotally, I'd say we have a bigger sectarian problem than England does and they have a bigger problem with racism than we do. That doesn't make us better or worse than the English (we're better for many other reasons ), just means we have different problems but a commonality that neither issue belongs in 2019.

  5. #1024
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pathetic post.

    Show me the rules that say it's mandatory to post on other forums on here.

    You think it's healthy that other points of view are represented, apart from mine.

    There are plenty on here who are the opposite of me in their anti Union and anti Tory stance, but your comfortable with them because they are on the same side as you.

    A truly awful post.

    Your on ignore from now on.
    To be fair, I think itís a valid question Peevemor asked. I raised a similar point on the Positives Of The Union thread, asking why for someone as active on here as you are your posts are almost exclusively about Scottish Independence despite the many threads discussing other things, namely Brexit. Not long after you decided you would stop posting on that thread.

    Are you a better together activist?

  6. #1025
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    61
    Posts
    9,937
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pathetic post.

    Show me the rules that say it's mandatory to post on other forums on here.

    You think it's healthy that other points of view are represented, apart from mine.

    There are plenty on here who are the opposite of me in their anti Union and anti Tory stance, but your comfortable with them because they are on the same side as you.

    A truly awful post.

    Your on ignore from now on.
    This is a community of like-minded football fans.

    By not contributing to the discussions with the wider community it's not surprising some members of that community are expressing concern that your reason for being here is questionable.
    Space to let

  7. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, I think itís a valid question Peevemor asked. I raised a similar point on the Positives Of The Union thread, asking why for someone as active on here as you are your posts are almost exclusively about Scottish Independence despite the many threads discussing other things, namely Brexit. Not long after you decided you would stop posting on that thread.

    Are you a better together activist?
    I have posted plenty on Brexit.

    No, not a better together activist.

    Just try to balance out the obvious left wing, pro Independence stance on here. There are obviously a few more who perhaps get their points across better than I do. There is a lot of hypocrisy from all politicians and I believe that most if not all would go unnoticed if not pointed out.

    As for the positive of the Union thread I saw it for what it was, same as why do people vote conservative. I am not buttoned up the back. I contributed but was no matter what I put down people will disagree as they are as strong Indy as I am anti Indy. So at some point it gets pointless, it reached that point. Just like people may ignore me if they believe I am repeating the same thing over and over, I will do the same.

    Apologies if you don't like my style but it is what it is.

    Maybe a break is required. I am away on holiday soon and promised the wife and kids I won't be on my phone so probably a good opportunity to do so. But as Arnie said, I will be back. I won't be silenced by a few posters who disagree with what I say.

  8. #1027
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    39,303
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have posted plenty on Brexit.

    No, not a better together activist.

    Just try to balance out the obvious left wing, pro Independence stance on here. There are obviously a few more who perhaps get their points across better than I do. There is a lot of hypocrisy from all politicians and I believe that most if not all would go unnoticed if not pointed out.

    As for the positive of the Union thread I saw it for what it was, same as why do people vote conservative. I am not buttoned up the back. I contributed but was no matter what I put down people will disagree as they are as strong Indy as I am anti Indy. So at some point it gets pointless, it reached that point. Just like people may ignore me if they believe I am repeating the same thing over and over, I will do the same.

    Apologies if you don't like my style but it is what it is.

    Maybe a break is required. I am away on holiday soon and promised the wife and kids I won't be on my phone so probably a good opportunity to do so. But as Arnie said, I will be back. I won't be silenced by a few posters who disagree with what I say.
    I was being genuine when I asked people to give their reasons for voting Tory. Naive maybe, but genuine.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  9. #1028
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    39,303
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have posted plenty on Brexit.

    No, not a better together activist.

    Just try to balance out the obvious left wing, pro Independence stance on here. There are obviously a few more who perhaps get their points across better than I do. There is a lot of hypocrisy from all politicians and I believe that most if not all would go unnoticed if not pointed out.

    As for the positive of the Union thread I saw it for what it was, same as why do people vote conservative. I am not buttoned up the back. I contributed but was no matter what I put down people will disagree as they are as strong Indy as I am anti Indy. So at some point it gets pointless, it reached that point. Just like people may ignore me if they believe I am repeating the same thing over and over, I will do the same.

    Apologies if you don't like my style but it is what it is.

    Maybe a break is required. I am away on holiday soon and promised the wife and kids I won't be on my phone so probably a good opportunity to do so. But as Arnie said, I will be back. I won't be silenced by a few posters who disagree with what I say.
    Are you a Hibs fan?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  10. #1029
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you a Hibs fan?
    I asked before. He said he is, but I find it strange that someone with such strong opinions on certain subjects has absolutely nothing to say when it comes to Hibs.

  11. #1030
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    11,785
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have posted plenty on Brexit.

    No, not a better together activist.

    Just try to balance out the obvious left wing, pro Independence stance on here. There are obviously a few more who perhaps get their points across better than I do. There is a lot of hypocrisy from all politicians and I believe that most if not all would go unnoticed if not pointed out.

    As for the positive of the Union thread I saw it for what it was, same as why do people vote conservative. I am not buttoned up the back. I contributed but was no matter what I put down people will disagree as they are as strong Indy as I am anti Indy. So at some point it gets pointless, it reached that point. Just like people may ignore me if they believe I am repeating the same thing over and over, I will do the same.

    Apologies if you don't like my style but it is what it is.

    Maybe a break is required. I am away on holiday soon and promised the wife and kids I won't be on my phone so probably a good opportunity to do so. But as Arnie said, I will be back. I won't be silenced by a few posters who disagree with what I say.
    All are welcome in the Hibs family. It isn't the Old Firm whereby fans are expected to subscribe to a set of political/religious beliefs in order to be accepted. Fundamentally we are football club, not a political party, and supporting the team is the only requirement. Being a Conservative doesn't make you any less a Hibby; your beliefs are your own business. Having said that, it shouldn't come as a shock that the majority seem to hold progressive/left of centre views, given Scotland's political landscape and Hibs' history of being Edinburgh's immigrant/anti-establishment club. Tories are pretty thin on the ground in the central belt, once you leave Ibrox.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  12. #1031
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked before. He said he is, but I find it strange that someone with such strong opinions on certain subjects has absolutely nothing to say when it comes to Hibs.
    In his defence, it's the most dire time of the year when it comes to club football. Mostly just ramblings and transfer rumours, same as every year at this time.

  13. #1032
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,389
    Oooooh! She's getting humpty now...

  14. #1033
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    57
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit harsh, pal. Surely we welcome diversity, including diverse opinions?
    My apologies H&A, I do welcome all opinions, but the opinions proffered are *****.

  15. #1034
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    10,840
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if the English think the majority of Scots are a bunch of sectarian bigots?
    In my subjective experience yes. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been asked if I support Rangers or Celtic, even after I've told them I'm a Hibby.

  16. #1035
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    10,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a decent point.

    We have a cultural acceptance of certain types of bigotry in Scotland, which makes it harder to point the finger elsewhere.

    I don't know whose racism problem is worse overall but the 2 are certainly different. I have a few Scottish/ Asian mates who would all swear that they experience significantly less racism than family members of theirs do down South. Having said that, would you fancy your chances much in Larkhall or Kilwinning if you were from the emerald isle? It may be that Scots express less anti-English sentiment than vice versa but the attitude our Union Flag wielding hun chums display towards the Irish means that we can't really claim too much moral high ground here. A fair bit of islamophobia has crept in amongst this mob too.

    Not sure exactly what side of what argument I'm on here.
    It shouldn't come as a surprise that a nation that has been on the end of a divide and conquer policy for centuries, actually hates it's own people more than others. Sectarianism is a product of the Union.

  17. #1036
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,749
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    https://twitter.com/tomcopley/status...768502786?s=09

    So bad it should be laughable

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  18. #1037
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the man who would have led us into the supposedly sunny new world of an independent Scotland had the result gone the other way in 2014. If found guilty of any or all of the 14 charges he faces it would have been irrelevant had the allegations surfaced before or after he took up the highest political position in the country.
    If heís guilty of any of the things heís charged with he should and will end up in jail, not high office.

  19. #1038
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It shouldn't come as a surprise that a nation that has been on the end of a divide and conquer policy for centuries, actually hates it's own people more than others. Sectarianism is a product of the Union.
    Oh please! Give us a reasoned case for that rather than sound bites.

    ’Westminster made my Rab an Orangeman’, really???

    Given education and religion in our civic society are explicitly framed from a Scottish perspective and were before and after devolution, how are you going to back that up?

    More interestingly, you expose the fracture in the nationalist narrative.

    On the one hand you claim there is this progressive, enlightened nation that would flourish free of the shackles of England and Westminster (yeah).

    On the other hand, as your post says, you claim we are riven with hatred for one another.

    Which is it?

    And probably most importantly, you talk about Scottish people hating each other more than hating others. I’m hoping I’m not picking you up right but surely we shouldn’t want to be hating any people regardless?
    Last edited by Mibbes Aye; Yesterday at 10:39 PM.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved