hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Ibrahimovic at it again

He also scored the winner after this:

2. Log in to remove the advert

The guy is something else. Unbelievable hit.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I was trying to be neutral in my green Hibs jersey as I have season tickets for both teams. LAFC routed the Galaxy for first half. Perry Kitchen appeared to be designated as a playmaker and if you saw the first half it would not have surprised you. He was utter pish. Did the coach not watch his games in the SPL when he was ripped a new one by Hibs? Ibra bailed them out big time and a lot of the players must have been surprised to go home as winners.

Great derby but good show from LAFC the new club. I don't think they will struggle and they have a solid team. All of their players are competent and I can't say that about the Galaxy. Theres a few I would hope might get signed by Hearts.

Testimonial Due
    Great new derby, fantastic game.

He backs up his big mouth. Ridiculous.

Said it recently on here that I’m a big fan if his and I’m delighted that he scored. Gutted as I had him to score anything, over 2.5 goals and over eight corners. I didn’t realise the Americans don’t do corners!!!

Cracking goal, the angle from in the crowd behind the goal really shows the venom in the shot.

hes a total radge, but has an amazing scoring record, and trophy record (apparently at Man Utd it was the first time ever he’s not won the league in his first season at a club - just wow!), and every now and again he brings a goal like this out the bag.

Strange the number of names you would recognise that have a piece of the LAFC pie. Will ferrell, magic johnson, nomar garciaparra, vincent tan

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He backs up his big mouth. Ridiculous.
    He is so ridiculously good, you just got to love the complete nonsense he comes out with!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Strange the number of names you would recognise that have a piece of the LAFC pie. Will ferrell, magic johnson, nomar garciaparra, vincent tan
    They also have a few Executives from Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Dodgers ownership teams. It's a big group of owners but quite a few of them played a part in the recent fortunes of Golden State and the revival of the Dodgers to World Series challengers. Compared to Chivas USA which went bankrupt, this ownership team will not try to define the rivalry with the LA Galaxy as Mexican vs American. The ownership group represents a lot of the different communities making up LA and it should be a very local rivalry rather than one across national identities.

Saw his first goal last night.

What an incredible hit.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    They also have a few Executives from Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Dodgers ownership teams. It's a big group of owners but quite a few of them played a part in the recent fortunes of Golden State and the revival of the Dodgers to World Series challengers. Compared to Chivas USA which went bankrupt, this ownership team will not try to define the rivalry with the LA Galaxy as Mexican vs American. The ownership group represents a lot of the different communities making up LA and it should be a very local rivalry rather than one across national identities.
    Was the owner of golden state ousted? Remember reading something about his divorce and wife wanting the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Was the owner of golden state ousted? Remember reading something about his divorce and wife wanting the franchise
    I think that was the former Dodgers owner McCourt but I have not read much about these disputes and there might be others.

The bios of LAFC owners are presented here.

I was trying to be neutral in my green Hibs jersey as I have season tickets for both teams. LAFC routed the Galaxy for first half. Perry Kitchen appeared to be designated as a playmaker and if you saw the first half it would not have surprised you. He was utter pish. Did the coach not watch his games in the SPL when he was ripped a new one by Hibs? Ibra bailed them out big time and a lot of the players must have been surprised to go home as winners.

Great derby but good show from LAFC the new club. I don't think they will struggle and they have a solid team. All of their players are competent and I can't say that about the Galaxy. Theres a few I would hope might get signed by Hearts.
    Where is the best place to get tickets to watch LA Galaxy at an away game? Do you have to be a registered fan? Tried to send you a pm but it wouldn't let me for some reason.. I could get tickets to sit with the home fans, but if Zlatan scored- I couldn't not go crazy!!

Looking forward to getting to a few games this season GL. Stadium is looking good, and right on the Expo line which I can take from Santa Monica. Did you get a season ticket in the 3252 by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Where is the best place to get tickets to watch LA Galaxy at an away game? Do you have to be a registered fan? Tried to send you a pm but it wouldn't let me for some reason.. I could get tickets to sit with the home fans, but if Zlatan scored- I couldn't not go crazy!!
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/LAX

Click on the away match that you want to attend.

It looks like you need to be registered with them in order to attend an away game in the Galaxy end.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 02-04-2018 at 07:19 PM.

You can go crazy celebrating over here and nobody will bother you. The worst you will get is some mild banter.

Here is a couple of videos to let you see what you will be facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQD...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Oj...ature=youtu.be

I wouldn't travel with the Galaxy away fans and try to find the best ticket I could afford at the away destination. Use stubhub.com or try to email the MLS club they are playing directly. I got tickets to see Real Salt Lake play us in their ground and the admin guy got me a really good seat. That will save you stubhub resale fees too. Let me know which team you want to see and I'll try to find a contact person for you.

From my experience at NYRB away fans are mixed in. There's a dedicated area for away fans but it's not an issue. I was surrounded by those sky blue *******s at the NY Derby last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    Looking forward to getting to a few games this season GL. Stadium is looking good, and right on the Expo line which I can take from Santa Monica. Did you get a season ticket in the 3252 by chance?
    When I started going to Staples Center last season I took the expo line a few times late afternoon. On one trip, two gigantic bare chested guys started fighting and ended up with the driver telling everyone to get off the train. We were left watching two barbarians duke it out on the platform. When one of them picked up a concrete block I headed for the exit and requested an Uber. It took 9 minutes standing at the corner of Exposition and Crenshaw before the Uber turned up. I imagine it was unlucky and that the cops who killed a guy coming at them with two kitchen knives on the same day in Santa Monica was a coincidence. The third experience was a guy in a yellow worker coat with a bicycle making obscene gestures all the train journey from Bundy to Pico. Considering how much the tickets, food and drink cost at a game, I decided to take an Uber instead.

I'd be interested to hear how you find it. Lots of folk I know have never seen any problems and there is more to see on the train journey than on the 10. It does take a while to get there though and it's not faster than driving from my house (Mar Vista). It might be faster for you as you need to cross the 405 at Pico or Olympic which is a nightmare.

My season tickets are Field Club second row and 4 from the away team bench. I was in there fast though and was looked after shortly after the Owners F&F (there are 30 owners so no chance of being near the home bench).

What is 3252?

Thanks. Just stuck my daughter on the Expo this morning to go downtown lol! I’ve taken it a few times to work, connecting to the red line, so I guess the morning work crowd is a bit better behaved than the afternoon shift. The blue line I’ve been advised to stay well clear of however. Used to take 45 minutes from SM to Downtown station, but happy to do that and not be stuck on the 10 then find parking.

3252 is the general admission safe standing section behind the goals. Named for the number of tickets in that section. I guess they need a couple of years to get a bit more imaginative.

Will probably try and pick up some resell tickets on seatgeek this season and then look and see about getting a season ticket next year.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    His autobiography is the best football book i’ve ever read. This sort of thing is typical of every chapter.

It ends before he signs for PSG. I really hope he does a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    Thanks. Just stuck my daughter on the Expo this morning to go downtown lol! I’ve taken it a few times to work, connecting to the red line, so I guess the morning work crowd is a bit better behaved than the afternoon shift. The blue line I’ve been advised to stay well clear of however. Used to take 45 minutes from SM to Downtown station, but happy to do that and not be stuck on the 10 then find parking.

3252 is the general admission safe standing section behind the goals. Named for the number of tickets in that section. I guess they need a couple of years to get a bit more imaginative.

Will probably try and pick up some resell tickets on seatgeek this season and then look and see about getting a season ticket next year.
    Got it, but I like a seat with a cup holder for one beer while I drink the other. There’s going to be the odd chap in that standing group with the popular Central American habit of throwing their beer up in the air at a goal. That isn’t something any Scottish fan wants to witness.

I have friends who take their kids on the train all the time. I should give it another go.

Got it, but I like a seat with a cup holder for one beer while I drink the other.
    It's class that.

You can go crazy celebrating over here and nobody will bother you. The worst you will get is some mild banter.

Here is a couple of videos to let you see what you will be facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQD...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Oj...ature=youtu.be

I wouldn't travel with the Galaxy away fans and try to find the best ticket I could afford at the away destination. Use stubhub.com or try to email the MLS club they are playing directly. I got tickets to see Real Salt Lake play us in their ground and the admin guy got me a really good seat. That will save you stubhub resale fees too. Let me know which team you want to see and I'll try to find a contact person for you.
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. It's the game against Houston I want to attend as I'm staying there that week. If we will be fine in the home end, then I'm happy to go there.. just wasn't sure what the segregation was like amongst fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    His autobiography is the best football book i’ve ever read. This sort of thing is typical of every chapter.

It ends before he signs for PSG. I really hope he does a follow up.
    He's keeping the follow up until after we win the World cup this summer!!!!!!! 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Just seen his goals there, absolutely outstanding. I really hope he plays in Russia in the summer.

He's just a force of nature. If it wasn't for Messi and Ronaldo he'd be remembered as the defining player of this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    It's class that.
    It's just being considerate. I hate the clowns who block everyone's view heading back for another beer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It's the game against Houston I want to attend as I'm staying there that week. If we will be fine in the home end, then I'm happy to go there.. just wasn't sure what the segregation was like amongst fans.
    I went to Houston once for a Galaxy game. The people and the stadium are very nice. I bought seats for two on StubHub for that game as I wanted lounge access. Every part of that stadium is a good view and you can buy beer and food everywhere. I have no contact at that club.

It's just being considerate. I hate the clowns who block everyone's view heading back for another beer.

Very true, I get 2 24oz beers at a time, keeps me in my seat all half