hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sjm

Sjm

Most on here seem resigned to SJM moving on in the summer. Simon Donnelly in The Hootsmon this morning urging the Tic to sign him as successor to Broony who I note will soon be 33. How's about a swap? We could get a couple of good years from Broony back at his spiritual home. Would mean less or even no spare dosh for other signings, deals or training facilities upgrade, but SJM's departure is going to leave a big hole to fill in the midfield and who better?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Would Brown want to come back?

We are obsessed with bringing former players back.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most on here seem resigned to SJM moving on in the summer. Simon Donnelly in The Hootsmon this morning urging the Tic to sign him as successor to Broony who I note will soon be 33. How's about a swap? We could get a couple of good years from Broony back at his spiritual home. Would mean less or even no spare dosh for other signings, deals or training facilities upgrade, but SJM's departure is going to leave a big hole to fill in the midfield and who better?
    Aye that would be great, i'm a little worried about the wages thing though, and the fact that he's celtics captain at the moment.

Do you think we could get round these obstacles?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    No thanks.

1. I'd rather not have to see him playing for Celtic.

2. NL could do a lot with our share of SJMs transfer fee.

3. We have an indoor pitch to build.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Think Scott will end his career at hibs, but think he’ll have at least one more full season at Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    I've thought about this too and i have a feeling Brown might end up back at Hibs. Wouldn't be against it as he's probably the most decorated player we're likely to see in this country for a while and his experience would be invaluable. I don't think it will be a deal involving SJM however..

I'd like to see SJM move to England. He has a huge future ahead of him and the sell on Rod will have written in will make us an absolute fortune in the future i have no doubts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Think Scott will end his career at hibs, but think he’ll have at least one more full season at Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No chance of that according to this:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-ends-12267981

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Saw an online interview with Brown only yesterday, saying although he has fond memories of Hibs, he see's himself finishing his career at Parkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No thanks.

1. I'd rather not have to see him playing for Celtic.

2. NL could do a lot with our share of SJMs transfer fee.

3. We have an indoor pitch to build.
    1. Understand many will feel like that. But Bronny back here would soften those feelings, no?
    2. and 3. AS I said, accepted these are options which would be hit without SJM dosh. You pays your money......

Ideal swap for me would be a deal done this summer but with the swap not taking place til Jan so we have SJM for Europe (confidence) and early season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Whoever John leaves us to go to I feel it would be more beneficial to get a player swap and a high percentage of the next sale instead of the transfer fee which will be due partially to St Mirren.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    Whoever John leaves us to go to I feel it would be more beneficial to get a player swap and a high percentage of the next sale instead of the transfer fee which will be due partially to St Mirren.
    Who do you fancy in return

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    No chance of that according to this:

Ach weel........ Full size indoor pitch it is then.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Who do you fancy in return
    If Celtic? Calvin Miller and Scott Allan?

A value would be placed on any player we took in a swap deal and we would have to pay St Mirren the agreed percentage of that.

There would be no financial benefit to be had.

And, although we might have a high sell on clause agreed with his new club, in your scenario, we'd get nothing if they did a swap deal.

Finally, if he does go to Celtic, the likelihood of him moving may be slim anyway. See Scott Brown.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 29-03-2018 at 09:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    If it is a player swap, that player, and SJM, will be valued in the deal. St Mirren will be due their cut of the SJM value.

Broony needs to come home if only to get away from Rodgers calling him Browny all the time like a bloody small cake
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 29-03-2018 at 09:19 AM.

If Celtic Allan would be a start. I would rather not see Hibs sell to Celtic however if it means getting another quality player back in return its a no brainier. IMO

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry guys I didn’t realise that. I thought a percentage in transfer fee for McGinn was exactly that.

If the player being part of the deal is taking into account who Values him? for instance if we Sell McGinn to Celtic for a fee and Scott Allan who decided Scott Allan's value?

Not sure Scott Brown at Hibs would be good business for us. Wages aside, he would likely that he is too big for the club. He apparently was a rangers fan as a boy and that has clearly gone. He is a celtc legend so he is hardly going to want to tarnish that by playing for another Scottish club.

Good luck to him, but he is winding down. SJM on the other hand is a player on the rise, he is improving all the time. I hope to never witness him in a celtc shirt, if he leaves it should be for an EPL club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    If the player being part of the deal is taking into account who Values him? for instance if we Sell McGinn to Celtic for a fee and Scott Allan who decided Scott Allan's value?
    I vote for Sevco. They valued Allan at £20 and a bottle of ginger.

I don't see Brown playing for Hibs again.

He'll stay at Celtic until he's past his best, then he'll be no use to us.

I don't think we're so far behind Celtic that this is the kind of deal we'd be interested in, and I don't think he'd want to play for us whilst he still has so much to offer Celtic.

The clubs, just as they do in a cash deal.

Aye but if that's between Celtic and Hibs I would imagine Hibs would make sure the Allen valuation was as low as possible so they wouldn't need to part with any cash with St Mirren, It would make no difference to Celtic was Allan's valuation is if a deal is agreed.

Aye but if that's between Celtic and Hibs I would imagine Hibs would make sure the Allen valuation was as low as possible so they wouldn't need to part with any cash with St Mirren, It would make no difference to Celtic was Allan's valuation is if a deal is agreed.
    That would be cheating.

It would affect Celtic because they'd have to pay more for SJM.

It's not possible anyway.

If there was any hint of artificially-low values being used, St Mirren would be justified in appealling to the SFA.

That apart, the players would probably need to be properly valued for insurance purposes.

First Team Breakthrough
    If Mcginn is to go it should not be to celtic under any circumstances. We cannot afford any longer to sell to our main rivals. We now have a chance to win either of the cups each season due to the increased income from the crowds and being back in the premiership. Did anyone watch the first half of the last Rangers v celtic game? Brown was over run in the first half but came on to a great game in the second due to the 'everyone's against us' after the sending off.

its been mentioned on here before but if we lose SJM we should try to sign his brother Stephen . St Mirren have been unstoppable since they signed him , he plays a similar role to SJM and would be good for Allan if we manage to keep him

Getting Allan back on a perm should be priority 1. If we get enough from an English club for SJM we can then buy SA.

I suspect strongly that he will be used as leverage by Celtic to get super John though.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Would Brown want to come back?

We are obsessed with bringing former players back.
    i'm sure brown done an interview a while ago saying he would love to finish his career at hibs, was on sky sports

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...e-back-to-hibs

edit: but then i google search and find this

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ltic-1-4446442

Last edited by CraigHibee; 29-03-2018 at 10:09 AM.