hibs.net Messageboard

A Video That Really Made My Day

Apparently world Down Syndrome day today and just saw
    this video on twitter and it really made my day, not to mention brought a tear to the eye!

Absolutely brilliant!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-c...shire-43443510

Ps have posted this on my phone and can’t seem to get the link to hyperlink but hopefully worth putting into your browser.
    Last edited by jonty; 12-06-2019 at 09:43 PM. Reason: fix link

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member PeeJay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this video on twitter and it really made my day, not to mention brought a tear to the eye!

Absolutely brilliant!

Ps have posted this on my phone and canít seem to get the link to hyperlink but hopefully worth putting into your browser.
    Link worked fine for me - thanks for posting - in these troubled times that was something truly uplifting -

https://worlddownsyndromeday.org/
    .... Die spinnen, die Briten ....

Ive been wearing my odd socks all day.

Wonderful video

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    So have I. I have 2 cousins who each have a DS grandson. They're loved just as much as anyone in the family

Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post

Absolutely brilliant!

Ps have posted this on my phone and canít seem to get the link to hyperlink but hopefully worth putting into your browser.
    Jeez that is wonderful, just wonderful
    This is how it feels

Brilliant video.

Not wishing to turn this thread into a political or moral one but I was a bit uncomfortable with how Down Syndrome was discussed during my partners pregnancy. The initial combined test she had came back inconclusive and the mood amongst the doctors, midwives and nurses when informing us was like they were giving us far worse news. A 2nd blood test was taken which came back as ‘lower chance’ but we discussed it and agreed that if it was ‘higher chance’ we wouldn’t be having the CVS or amniocentesis tests and would be continuing the pregnancy. I understand there are other more serious conditions that are detected by the same tests but the whole discussion around DS left me a bit shaken.

The video in the OP is why I found the mood so troubling. What an amazing group of children.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Brilliant video.

Not wishing to turn this thread into a political or moral one but I was a bit uncomfortable with how Down Syndrome was discussed during my partners pregnancy. The initial combined test she had came back inconclusive and the mood amongst the doctors, midwives and nurses when informing us was like they were giving us far worse news. A 2nd blood test was taken which came back as Ďlower chanceí but we discussed it and agreed that if it was Ďhigher chanceí we wouldnít be having the CVS or amniocentesis tests and would be continuing the pregnancy. I understand there are other more serious conditions that are detected by the same tests but the whole discussion around DS left me a bit shaken.

The video in the OP is why I found the mood so troubling. What an amazing group of children.
    I read a research article about the happiness of parents with children who suffer from DS and it did not make for pretty reading. Itís a huge undertaking which many people arenít capable of coping with. For parent and potential child alike these conversations are necessary IMO.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Well that certainly brought on the full 21st May effect. What a lovely thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    I read a research article about the happiness of parents with children who suffer from DS and it did not make for pretty reading. It’s a huge undertaking which many people aren’t capable of coping with. For parent and potential child alike these conversations are necessary IMO.
    Don’t get me wrong I absolutely get the conversation has to be had and preparation for life with a child with additional needs is probably required. The tone of the conversation we had with medical personnel didn’t feel like one of preparation though.

I don’t want to spoil the thread so I’m going to leave it there, it’s probably a discussion for another time and another place.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Donít get me wrong I absolutely get the conversation has to be had and preparation for life with a child with additional needs is probably required. The tone of the conversation we had with medical personnel didnít feel like one of preparation though.

I donít want to spoil the thread so Iím going to leave it there, itís probably a discussion for another time and another place.
    FWIW I totally agree with you and it's something that really hits quite close to home, with being born disabled myself.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Great video. Celebrate diversity.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Me too. But that's nothing new

Sorry if I'm being a complete dummy but I don't fully understand the significance of the odd socks thing. Where does it come from?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Me too. But that's nothing new

Sorry if I'm being a complete dummy but I don't fully understand the significance of the odd socks thing. Where does it come from?
    https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle...-a3795666.html

beauty in it's rawist state.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    What a joy to watch. I instantly fell in love with the wee guy with the blue gigs on, what a star.

I'm not overly sure what this is doing in the main forum, but it's a fabulous video.

A bunch of wee stars for sure!

Is it just a fact of life that one gets more and more sentimental the older one gets? LOVED the video!

Thank you.
    Lien Nonnel

Cougars!!!

Very emotional and uplifting. At least my kids wearing odd socks will have been doing some good for once. Thanks for posting.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    Brilliant

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk