hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44
  1. #1

    Refereeing - Thomson next up

    Another hopeless decision by another useless cretin masquerading as a top class referee
    Time the clubs got together and did something
    Last edited by houstonhibbee; 19-03-2018 at 12:21 AM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another hopeless decision by another useless cretin masquerading as a top class referee
    Time the clubs got together and did something
    Help ma Boab. Hold the headlines!

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Help ma Boab. Hold the headlines!
    so ok quelle surprise but you're just happy to accept the status quo?
    Last edited by houstonhibbee; 19-03-2018 at 12:43 AM.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so ok quelle surprise but you're just happy to accept the status quo?
    Sorry HH, we seem to be having a wee misunderstanding.
    Help ma Boab - its Thompson!"
    "Hold the headlines for yet another shocking refereeing performance" was what I was meaning.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry HH, we seem to be having a wee misunderstanding.
    Help ma Boab - its Thompson!"
    "Hold the headlines for yet another shocking refereeing performance" was what I was meaning.
    Sorry humour failure at my end. Just so sick of the injustice of it all - even after my 59 years. We really do need to get foreign referees.

  7. #6
    Coaching Staff HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,455
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry humour failure at my end. Just so sick of the injustice of it all - even after my 59 years. We really do need to get foreign referees.
    You think the clubs will agree to pay all of the associated costs involved with bringing in foreign referees over a long period of time?

  8. #7
    Extra costs would that mean paying more.than the £700 or so a game that this lot get that referee here ...do our lot not get expenses as well. An extra couple of hundred quid might actually prove goodvue for money !!!
    If its not £700 or so a game I stand corrected ..hope its less not more 😁

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Extra costs would that mean paying more.than the £700 or so a game that this lot get that referee here ...do our lot not get expenses as well. An extra couple of hundred quid might actually prove goodvue for money !!!
    If its not £700 or so a game I stand corrected ..hope its less not more 😁
    I think they’re on £850 a match. More than a lot of the players in the league are.

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they’re on £850 a match. More than a lot of the players in the league are.
    Maybe that's why some of them seem to think they're the stars of the show, not the players!

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they’re on £850 a match. More than a lot of the players in the league are.
    Sounds about right. If they’re refereeing a game without one of the top 4 or Hearts in it there’s a good chance they’ll be the best paid person on the pitch. Ridiculous. And I’m sure they’re part time aswell?

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due One Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    here and there
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe that's why some of them seem to think they're the stars of the show, not the players!
    This certainly seem to be the case with a few of them

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another hopeless decision by another useless cretin masquerading as a top class referee
    Time the clubs got together and did something
    He retires at the end of this season so he'll be able to renew his tramps season ticket. Wan#er.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    west lothian
    Posts
    1,814
    Once again another incompetent display from our so called competent referees.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds about right. If they’re refereeing a game without one of the top 4 or Hearts in it there’s a good chance they’ll be the best paid person on the pitch. Ridiculous. And I’m sure they’re part time aswell?
    they’ve all got real jobs as well.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    55
    Posts
    10,312
    Are we saying that these incompetent jokers are earning at least approximately £3,400 per four week month for being crap/corrupt at the task of refereeing? How many games do they get to ref per season because I'd love to know what this gig is worth to them annually?

    And they are in no way publicly accountable at all. Seems legit.

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we saying that these incompetent jokers are earning at least approximately £3,400 per four week month for being crap/corrupt at the task of refereeing? How many games do they get to ref per season because I'd love to know what this gig is worth to them annually?

    And they are in no way publicly accountable at all. Seems legit.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14064682

    £840 back in 2011. I’d imagine over the last 7 years they’ve had a few increases though.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    24,199
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we saying that these incompetent jokers are earning at least approximately £3,400 per four week month for being crap/corrupt at the task of refereeing? How many games do they get to ref per season because I'd love to know what this gig is worth to them annually?

    And they are in no way publicly accountable at all. Seems legit.
    They are paid different amounts for different leagues. They don't ref every week.

    In addition, they don't get expenses. They have to meet the costs of their own travel, kit, training courses, subs etc.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  19. #18
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    7,316
    Is his name not Thomson?

    I thought for one moment there were two of them. Thomson and Thompson?

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are paid different amounts for different leagues. They don't ref every week.

    In addition, they don't get expenses. They have to meet the costs of their own travel, kit, training courses, subs etc.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Don’t the home club still sort out travel for them? Hibs certainly used to have a wee 8 seater thing cart them to and from the ground. That was a few years back mind but I can’t see why that would change.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    15,027
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is his name not Thomson?

    I thought for one moment there were two of them. Thomson and Thompson?
    If there are any top flight refs with the surname Thompson they'd still be useless

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    2,588
    Ok Tin Hat on here. I am in no way suggesting that there is not some bias involved with some referees, but I do think we need to look at the way football treats referees if we want to find the root of the problem here.

    Basically being a referee is a completely thankless task, in fact I'm surprised we don't have a massive shortage of refs. To get to the stage that you are being paid £850 a game, you have to come up through the ranks, which involves the constant verbal and often physical abuse that is ladled out to refs up and down the land. Unless you are of the mentality that actually likes getting abuse and enjoys flashing yellow and red cards at people, why the hell would you want to get involved with refereeing at non professional level? there is certainly no money in it until you are much higher up the rankings. So basically, the way we treat referee's as amateur players and as fans, leads us to get a bunch of weirdos as pro refs, because intelligent, articulate, capable people with good judgement and a strong fairplay ethic, are unlikley to want to put up with all the hassle and abuse. Until refs start getting protection and respect from the lowest levels of football to the top level, we will continue to get an odd bunch of fairly incompetent and sometimes biased referees at the top level.

    I also suspect that there are football fans on club forums right across the world, suggesting that they need to get "foreign" refs in because theirs are rubbish. In the world scheme of things, I doubt Scottish Refs are that much worst that Refs in most other countries.

  23. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Extra costs would that mean paying more.than the £700 or so a game that this lot get that referee here ...do our lot not get expenses as well. An extra couple of hundred quid might actually prove goodvue for money !!!
    If its not £700 or so a game I stand corrected ..hope its less not more 😁
    How much is it costing Hibs at the moment with all these wrong decisions, way more than a couple of thousand i would say.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    24,199
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t the home club still sort out travel for them? Hibs certainly used to have a wee 8 seater thing cart them to and from the ground. That was a few years back mind but I can’t see why that would change.
    You might be right in that. I used to act for a Grade 1 ref, but that was a few years ago.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much is it costing Hibs at the moment with all these wrong decisions, way more than a couple of thousand i would say.
    I was just about to say that.
    I am quite prepared to give a ref a good bit of leeway as there's no doubt it's a difficult job. However, when the bad decisions flow only one way for several seasons and more, my tolerance takes a big hit.
    Sparky's 'no goal' cost us fortune alone.

  26. #25
    Testimonial Due poolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in ma jannies office
    Age
    66
    Posts
    4,399
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is his name not Thomson?

    I thought for one moment there were two of them. Thomson and Thompson?

    I think they're the two detectives from Tintin

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,966
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok Tin Hat on here. I am in no way suggesting that there is not some bias involved with some referees, but I do think we need to look at the way football treats referees if we want to find the root of the problem here.

    Basically being a referee is a completely thankless task, in fact I'm surprised we don't have a massive shortage of refs. To get to the stage that you are being paid £850 a game, you have to come up through the ranks, which involves the constant verbal and often physical abuse that is ladled out to refs up and down the land. Unless you are of the mentality that actually likes getting abuse and enjoys flashing yellow and red cards at people, why the hell would you want to get involved with refereeing at non professional level? there is certainly no money in it until you are much higher up the rankings. So basically, the way we treat referee's as amateur players and as fans, leads us to get a bunch of weirdos as pro refs, because intelligent, articulate, capable people with good judgement and a strong fairplay ethic, are unlikley to want to put up with all the hassle and abuse. Until refs start getting protection and respect from the lowest levels of football to the top level, we will continue to get an odd bunch of fairly incompetent and sometimes biased referees at the top level.

    I also suspect that there are football fans on club forums right across the world, suggesting that they need to get "foreign" refs in because theirs are rubbish. In the world scheme of things, I doubt Scottish Refs are that much worst that Refs in most other countries.
    I agree.

    Poor decisions are made in every league in the world and every club thinks that they are getting a raw deal.

    Fans remember when a decision went against their team, but quickly forget the occasions on which they benefitted.

    The idea that Scotland can't produce decent referees is a fallacy and insulting to the population.

    Was it a Scottish referee during the Germany v England game when Lampard's goal was disallowed although it was clearly over the line, a la Griffith's?

    Oh how we laughed.

    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree.

    Poor decisions are made in every league in the world and every club thinks that they are getting a raw deal.

    Fans remember when a decision went against their team, but quickly forget the occasions on which they benefitted.

    The idea that Scotland can't produce decent referees is a fallacy and insulting to the population.

    Was it a Scottish referee during the Germany v England game when Lampard's goal was disallowed although it was clearly over the line, a la Griffith's?

    Oh how we laughed.

    Can you tell me the last time a team scored against us ( i.e. ball over the line) and it was disallowed.

  29. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you tell me the last time a team scored against us ( i.e. ball over the line) and it was disallowed.
    That reminds me of the beauty we got against Dunfermline in 2012 in the relegation game. Hanlons shot off the bar and must’ve came about 2 yards out the way, goal given. Not that it made a difference to the result but very amusing.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,966
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you tell me the last time a team scored against us ( i.e. ball over the line) and it was disallowed.
    I can't remember one and there's never been one as blatant as Griffith's.

    What's your point, though?

    I remember the Dundee United "goal" against Patrick. What a farce that was.

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    24,199
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you tell me the last time a team scored against us ( i.e. ball over the line) and it was disallowed.
    In reverse, it has happened.

    Paul Hanlon was awarded a goal a few years ago, when the ball didn't cross the line.

    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...iven-1-2285146

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)