hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Petries days numbered?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-look-12205312

Seems he was looking to stoke the flames but couldn't get enough backers.

Lawell made intimations a few weeks ago that certain people were holding the game back. One name that he didn't mention doing things for the good of the game was petries.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The silence from this man is as always deafening, don't hold your breath for a comment from him on this or more importantly backing his manager against idiot referees.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Lawell made intimations a few weeks ago that certain people were holding the game back. One name that he didn't mention doing things for the good of the game was petries.
    Let’s hope so. When it comes to governance in the game our chairman is not on the right side of the argument. Let’s hope those seeking reform win the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he's opposed to the disaster that is Donkeycaster...does that make him a bad person?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    So he's opposed to the disaster that is Donkeycaster...does that make him a bad person?
    If the daily record/sunday mail are against Petrie I'm for him. The DR will no doubt be in favour of whoever wants the game governed to Rangers benefit.

Not in the slightest. The whole of the governing body needs cleansed. Ogilivie being a prime example of this. How could he have looked at something as important as the liquidation of rangers when he was complicit and part of the downfall. Any kind of business people will have their own objectives

I think it's more to the fact that Petrie wants the top job and has no desire to change the current state of Scottish Football.

Doncaster comes in and suddenly his position looks less favorably, he only cares about himself and keeping his comfy spot at the top of an outdated board.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    I think it's more to the fact that Petrie wants the top job and has no desire to change the current state of Scottish Football.

Doncaster comes in and suddenly his position looks less favorably, he only cares about himself and keeping his comfy spot at the top of an outdated board.
    How do you know?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post

he only cares about himself and keeping his comfy spot at the top of an outdated board.
    How do you know?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Odd role Petrie has in relation to his SFA and Hibs roles now.

Not sure how he could be at backwards a dinosaur as made out to be considering he oversees what we all see as a fairly progressive set up at Hibs?

Then again, how's he meant to be impartial if some at the SFA did want Dempster as CEO?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    How do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    How do you know?
    How does anyone know anything about what he wants? The man wants to lead Scottish football and nobody knows where he wants to lead it. Where is his vision? Does he have a plan for the national team? Youth development? Football governance? Commercial development?
    All we can look at is the fact that he has been part of a massively failing SFA for a long time now. He also failed spectacularly when he was ceo of Hibs and our turn around only came when Leeann arrived. And Leeann still has a lot of work to do there as we are miles behind Aberdeen when it comes to bringing in commercial income to the club.
    Petrie wants to lead Scottish football just because he thinks it’s his turn. Is that really how we think it should work just because he happens to be linked with our club?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Peter Lawwell is only interested in himself and what his billionaire pay master Dermot Desmond tells him to do. Regardless of what he’s done before, I’d back Petrie against Doncaster having any influence on the future of Scottish football.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    How does anyone know anything about what he wants? The man wants to lead Scottish football and nobody knows where he wants to lead it. Where is his vision? Does he have a plan for the national team? Youth development? Football governance? Commercial development?
    All we can look at is the fact that he has been part of a massively failing SFA for a long time now. He also failed spectacularly when he was ceo of Hibs and our turn around only came when Leeann arrived. And Leeann still has a lot of work to do there as we are miles behind Aberdeen when it comes to bringing in commercial income to the club.
    Petrie wants to lead Scottish football just because he thinks it’s his turn. Is that really how we think it should work just because he happens to be linked with our club?

Haven't seen a lot of leadership for soooo many years now, so feel thats a weak argument.

@hibs.net private member

RP appointed LD did he not?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Indeed he did.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

How many years of failure did we have to go through before he admitted he was failing badly and had to step aside? Let’s not forget we were almost relegated in 2012.
    What’s the positive case for putting Petrie in charge of Scottish football?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    How many years of failure did we have to go through before he admitted he was failing badly and had to step aside? Let’s not forget we were almost relegated in 2012.

His departure from Easter Road?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    His departure from Easter Road?
    That’s as good an answer as anyone will come up with.

@hibs.net private member

RP is as straight as they come. If he was running Scottish football we might just get to the stage where it was not weighted in favour of only two teams. Sadly it is unlikely to happen. Partly because a small but vociferous group of posters on here have a blinkered anti RP focus.

RP is as straight as they come. If he was running Scottish football we might just get to the stage where it was not weighted in favour of only two teams. Sadly it is unlikely to happen. Partly because a small but vociferous group of posters on here have a blinkered anti RP focus.
    Is that as positive a case as you could make?

@hibs.net private member

As positive as it needs to be for the small but vociferous minority. I have no desire to whip up an argument when people get all uppity 🤪

Left by mutual consent!
    It’s all set up for Lawwell to take over sooner rather than laterZ. It’s why he left the SFA board in the first place before even ripping Petrie and the chairman.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post

Any chance you could copy & paste the article from the dr.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The really sad thing about this "debate" is that folk cant see past there own prejudices and that instantly decides their standpoint without any objective analysis of the situation, if its suits their views about certain individuals.

And we wonder why Scottish Football governance is in the state it is?

Scottish Football must be one of the most parochial and petty biased sporting systems in the world.

We are all guilty, I instantly think that because one of the OF is mumping about it, that it must be a good think for everyone else.

I used to think that women were more guilty of harbouring deep seated grudges that they should have let go years ago, but the anti Petrie venom is something special.

I hold no great love for the man and there is no doubt whatsoever that there have been a lot of mistakes made, but I don't for a second harbour anY thought that they were made with ill intent.

Point me to a football club in the world where similar mistakes have not been made.

Therefore my view is that he maybe wasn't up to the job he was given, if that's the case and he fulfilled it to the best of his abilities, which I believe he did, then the problem's not his but the folk that recruited him.

What I find really distasteful about any Petrie thread and this thread encapsulates it perfectly is that any attempt to debate the opposite viewpoint is instantly dismissed and the posters involved belittled / ridiculed.

If your standpoint is that Petrie is a **** and the troubles that have befallen Hibs over his tenure are all down to him and him alone, that's fair enough its your view, not one that I agree with entirely but your view to which you are entitled.

If you cant debate the issue properly then maybe best to leave it at that?

I have seen folk on this thread and many anti Petrie threads basically coming out and saying the guy is a ****, that's it.

When other's disagree they are asked to provide umpteen reasons why he isn't against the one assertion that he is.

Poor stuff IMO
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 18-03-2018 at 01:56 PM.

More parity in Scottish football.

I'm surprised you're so dismissive of the suggestion.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I'm no lover of Rod Petrie but it seems the appointment of Doncaster is as much about self preservation as RPs opposition to it is; yet only one side is being given the treatment by the Record.

Doncaster was a total flop in his previous role yet has walked straight into another cosy job. I'd be more concerned if there weren't dissenting voices.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Any chance you could copy & paste the article from the dr.
    I did try on phone but only got so far before not letting me go any further . On laptop now so will have it up shortly

The problem is that when you look at who is involved in all this; Petrie, Lawell, Doncaster and the Daily Record is easy to vote for none of the above. The SFA is and has been a place of self interest for as long as I have known anything about it and the characters who wander its corridors also seem split into so many factions its hardly surprising that football in this country has stagnated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    More parity in Scottish football.

I'm surprised you're so dismissive of the suggestion.
    I’ve not seen any evidence Rod can or has any intention of delivering that?
    If he comes out with a plan for such a thing then I’ll get behind him.
    I want to be convinced. If Rod is worthy of the job then I’m all ears. I want to hear what his plan is.

I’ve not seen any evidence Rod can or has any intention of delivering that?
    If he comes out with a plan for such a thing then I’ll get behind him.
    I want to be convinced. If Rod is worthy of the job then I’m all ears. I want to hear what his plan is.

You don't know that it's not his intention,, but your immediate response was to belittle the suggestion.