hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Managers spats

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Managers spats

Don’t you just love them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43303804

Be an interesting replay next week

2. Log in to remove the advert

First of all, IMO it was a penalty, Logan did have his hand on Jones' back so it's a clear penalty. I do think this was something that could have been dealt with by a phone call rather than going public, and that applies to both managers. I think Clarke is a good manager and has made Killie into a decent team, but as far as I'm concerned he was talking as much ***** as what he's accusing McInnes of when he said they 'dominated' the whole game against us just over a week ago. Never heard a peep out of him when Motherwell didn't get 2 stonewall penalties against them a couple of weeks ago. Jones is a good young player, really fast, but against us he dived at least twice, so I don't know if McInnes has seen Jones diving before and been influenced by it.

But at the end of the day this could have been dealt with between the 2 managers instead of involving the media.

Left by mutual consent!
    Handbags at ten.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Very few seem keen on taking on our Neil

Clarke’s becoming a bit of an irritant. I don’t think I’ve heard him give the opposition any credit at all since he came here.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, IMO it was a penalty, Logan did have his hand on Jones' back so it's a clear penalty. I do think this was something that could have been dealt with by a phone call rather than going public, and that applies to both managers. I think Clarke is a good manager and has made Killie into a decent team, but as far as I'm concerned he was talking as much ***** as what he's accusing McInnes of when he said they 'dominated' the whole game against us just over a week ago. Never heard a peep out of him when Motherwell didn't get 2 stonewall penalties against them a couple of weeks ago. Jones is a good young player, really fast, but against us he dived at least twice, so I don't know if McInnes has seen Jones diving before and been influenced by it.

But at the end of the day this could have been dealt with between the 2 managers instead of involving the media.
    IMO it is not clear and certainly no stonewaller. One you want for your team but not against you.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Clarke’s becoming a bit of an irritant. I don’t think I’ve heard him give the opposition any credit at all since he came here.
    Total overreaction by Clarke here

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Agreed. However, it seems to be working!