hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: NEW TICKET EXCHANGE SCHEME LAUNCHED

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good to see

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Good move.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Seems like a decent system. If it works hopefully they roll it out for all games.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Finally. Hopefully everyone who can't attend uses this. Get the seats filled!

Really good idea which sound simple.

Please be simple...

@hibs.net private member
    Good work hibs, shows it isn’t rocket science to achieve what many of us have been debating for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like a decent system. If it works hopefully they roll it out for all games.
    It can only work for sold out games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one thinking a token gesture to fans giving up their seats in place for a ten pounds shop voucher wouldn't feel to much to ask for. The fact hibs would be getting double seat money

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Am I the only one thinking a token gesture to fans giving up their seats in place for a ten pounds shop voucher wouldn't feel to much to ask for. The fact hibs would be getting double seat money
    I’d rather the money went to fund the squad tbh. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I’d rather the money went to fund the squad tbh. Sorry.
    Opinions.

Just a thought. Don't see why season ticket holders asked to give up a ticket to get full houses. Yes demand is fantastic but fans have forked up hard earned cash monthly or up front. A ten quid voucher for going back into the club is just a suggestion. Sorry

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Me too 100%

That said they've clearly said that that element would be up for consideration in future.

Just need to wait and see

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Just Alf; 06-03-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Opinions.

Just a thought. Don't see why season ticket holders asked to give up a ticket to get full houses. Yes demand is fantastic but fans have forked up hard earned cash monthly or up front. A ten quid voucher for going back into the club is just a suggestion. Sorry

No need to apologise. Maybe something to consider I suppose as it is extra cash...are there any similar clubs who have a scheme like that?
    Last edited by Pete; 06-03-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Opinions.

Why hold a season ticket if you are not going to attend games?

They don't deserve anything. If they can't attend the game that is not the clubs fault so why should the club lose out on things like vouchers etc. Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post

They don't deserve anything. If they can't attend the game that is not the clubs fault so why should the club lose out on things like vouchers etc. Nonsense.
    Aye ok pal. I am a season ticket holder and if I pumped £400 into my club and never attended one game it wouldn't make blind bit difference to hibs so get of your soap box
    Last edited by Nicho87; 06-03-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Aye ok pal
    This ticket exchange literally takes 5 clicks of a mouse. Why should there be an incentive for that? It's only if you are not going to attend which in return allows the club to release the seat for re-sale which equals more cash in the clubs pockets.

@hibs.net private member

As a ST holder who doesn’t make every game this scheme is a good start but I agree a £10 voucher if the clubs sells the seat. The club will still be making extra money

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    As a ST holder who doesn’t make every game this scheme is a good start but I agree a £10 voucher if the clubs sells the seat. The club will still be making extra money
    So you would want a £10 voucher for releasing your seat (which is a 1 minute job, so it's not like it takes up time from your day) for a game you can't attend anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Correct

Opinions.

If you're not going anyway, what difference does it make?

You buy a season ticket at the start of the season in the knowledge that you are committing to buying a seat for each home game that season. If you can't make a game, you have 3 options;

1-Do nothing and the seat remains empty for that game.
    2-Give your season ticket to a friend or relative.
    3-Allow Hibs to re-sell your season ticket for that match.

There's nothing wrong with any of these options. Obviously it would be great to have your cake and eat it but as a season ticket holder, I certainly don't expect anything in return for giving up my seat for a game that I'm not going to make anyway.

So you would want a £10 voucher for releasing your seat (which is a 1 minute job) for a game you can't attend anyway?
    And the fact a season ticket holder has forked money up front why shouldn't they be rewarded.

Not even the price of a full match ticket adult I may add.

You agree the money should stay in the club. I've merely suggested a ten pound voucher not £1000.

And the fact a season ticket holder has forked money up front why shouldn't they be rewarded.

You agree the money should stay in the club. I've merely suggested a ten pound voucher not £1000.
    £10 voucher for clicking your mouse button 5 times and releasing your seat for a game you can't attend

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

Because if there’s no incentive then people are going to be less likely to give up their seat, or to make the effort. Pretty basic logic. It’s not really about what’s deserved.

Many like me get season tickets with good intentions but it’s not always feasible to travel long distances to the games.

That said any incentive would need to only apply to sold out games, as giving money back for every game wouldn’t help the club at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Because if there’s no incentive then people are going to be less likely to give up their seat, or to make the effort. Pretty basic logic. It’s not really about what’s deserved.

Many like me get season tickets with good intentions but it’s not always feasible to travel long distances to the games.

That said any incentive would need to only apply to sold out games, as giving money back for every game wouldn’t help the club at all.
    If people can't be arsed taking a minute out of their day to release a seat that is poor.

@hibs.net private member

That’s still £10 less for the club...

£10 voucher for clicking your mouse button 5 times and releasing your seat for a game you can't attend
    Your way of the high way. I'm out.

Gamer IDs

If people can't be arsed taking a minute out of their day to release a seat that is poor.
    In my case, if I’m not attending I generally wouldn’t release the ticket because I’d look for one of my friends or family to take it beforehand. With a small incentive it might change my mind.

Well done to the club. It is what many have been asking for. Particularily for games like Friday, when all sorts of folk are asking for one spare ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    In my case, if I’m not attending I generally wouldn’t release the ticket because I’d look for one of my friends or family to take it beforehand. With a small incentive it might change my mind.
    So if you couldn’t find a friend or relative to take your seat you would hold on to it just because you don’t get anything in return?

You’d likely spend more time asking friends or relatives if they wanted it and the even more time getting your ST to them, than it would take to release it back to the club so they could benefit from it... after all every penny counts to the club.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    So if you couldn’t find a friend or relative to take your seat you would hold on to it just because you don’t get anything in return?

You’d likely spend more time asking friends or relatives if they wanted it and the even more time getting your ST to them, than it would take to release it back to the club so they could benefit from it... after all every penny counts to the club.
    I feel more value for my money if it’s someone I know enjoying the ticket that I’ve paid for. And people flip-flop with plans generally up until the last minute a lot of the time when I’m offering it out.