hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby this week

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of our biggest problems on friday will be some of our players attitudes in particular a complacency and lack of desire from the off !!
    Not a chance of that IMO will be more likely having to keep players calm given the last derby.

2. Log in to remove the advert

One of our biggest problems on friday will be some of our players attitudes in particular a complacency and lack of desire from the off !!
    After natural order gate last time...that really is the least of my concerns about Fri...our boys will be well up for this imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Kinda get your point, but maybe Levein was telling porkies to keep it quiet for a few days
    They’ve gone silent on Berra though
    With Levein/their medical team getting it wildly wrong re Mitchell surely they can't risk Berra. Sometimes symptoms of concussion don't occur until a few after the knock and they'll get heavy criticism if they get another one wrong.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    With Levein/their medical team getting it wildly wrong re Mitchell surely they can't risk Berra. Sometimes symptoms of concussion don't occur until a few after the knock and they'll get heavy criticism if they get another one wrong.
    It’s not Hearts decision is it anyway re Berra? Thought the Docs would make it
    If he plays when he’s been told not too, he’s a very silly boy

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    Where do you get that thought from?
    Personally I think we'll come flying out the traps.
    Agree, I'd be very surprised if we don't.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with any of our players desire 👀 someone getting our players mixed up with that shower over the road .

Im trying to phone that ticketmaster option 2 , to upgrade 3 kids to adults for Friday.
    Thats several attempts failed , just keeps wring out till you get the message ( we’re unable to answer blah blah )
    Is there anyway to upgrade the tickets on the online tickets .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Total crock for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah because we’ve seen a lot of that I’m derbies past few years right enough!!! I’ve no idea how you could think that.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs are going to spank them. It’s well over due. Hibs to win by at least 3.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Some things never change with that lot.....

“one thing is for sure if we are too get anything we will need to be prepared to get away with as many fouls as we can right from first whistle and we need to be competing in almost over the edge style.”

“I want us to produce a real ****housing performance. Have Adao do a man marking job on McGinn and kick him all over the shop (legally of course) and have Lafferty and Naismith noise up their center halves all game. I also think wee Davy is perfect for winding them up.”

Left by mutual consent!
    Kamberi and Maclaren up front, Allan in behind them, Boyle on the wing, we'll rip them a new one.

We show complacency at times when our expectations are high, lose stupid games and drop daft points in games.you look at and think it should be win ....hype around all the problems they have might work against us if we are not switched on and at it from the start ..!!

Complacency and lack of desire??
    I can't see it.
    Our lot will be fired-up both by Neil Lennon and by the "natural order" comments from 4-6-0.
    Bring it on!

We show complacency at times when our expectations are high, lose stupid games and drop daft points in games.you look at and think it should be win ....hype around all the problems they have might work against us if we are not switched on and at it from the start ..!!
    You said some of the players attitudes, what players have had a bad attitude when it comes to a derby? Have you watched derbies since Stubbs came in. We have bossed almost everyone!

Full house for a derby under the lights live on sky...we're not perfect but your aiming this at the wrong hibs team. As previously mentioned, apart from the last couple on the tiny tattie field we've dominated every derby since Stubbs came in.

I thought I would look at the reasons that they might win on Friday.

Firstly, I do not think that our attitude will be one of them. NL will have our players primed and ready for action.

Reasons

1. Their goalie has a blinder. I think that he is decent and has saved them points on numerous occasions. Nothing we can do about the keeper playing out his skin.

That was the only one I could come up with.

Seriously, their chief clogger Adao will not know which of McGinn, McGeough or Allan to hack.

If we play 2 up front then they can't seriously go with 3 at the back. Kamberi and McLaren's pace and movement will destroy them. Without Berra they don't have 3 CBs anyway. No Mitchell means no attack down their left flank. Whoever is left FB or WB will have Squirrel all over them.

As long as whoever is our holding midfielder (Bartley or McGeough) just has to keep tabs on Naismith and the CBs keep on top Lafferty and they have no real attack.

Milinkovic does worry me because he does seem to have a bit of a spark about him. However he gets no midfield support.

If we score early then it could get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    I thought I would look at the reasons that they might win on Friday.

Firstly, I do not think that our attitude will be one of them. NL will have our players primed and ready for action.

Reasons

1. Their goalie has a blinder. I think that he is decent and has saved them points on numerous occasions. Nothing we can do about the keeper playing out his skin.

That was the only one I could come up with.

Seriously, their chief clogger Adao will not know which of McGinn, McGeough or Allan to hack.

If we play 2 up front then they can't seriously go with 3 at the back. Kamberi and McLaren's pace and movement will destroy them. Without Berra they don't have 3 CBs anyway. No Mitchell means no attack down their left flank. Whoever is left FB or WB will have Squirrel all over them.

As long as whoever is our holding midfielder (Bartley or McGeough) just has to keep tabs on Naismith and the CBs keep on top Lafferty and they have no real attack.

Milinkovic does worry me because he does seem to have a bit of a spark about him. However he gets no midfield support.

If we score early then it could get ugly.
    My biggest concern is we'll not have played for 2 weeks and we're caught cold.

First Team Breakthrough
    Eh? Bit of a bizarre comment in light of recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    My biggest concern is we'll not have played for 2 weeks and we're caught cold.
    This though is perhaps something of a concern. However, I'm not sure two weeks is enough to really affect things, and any rustiness will be blown away by what is pretty certain to be an electric atmosphere.

As someone said above, if we can score early we could really give them the doing they've deserved for ages.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The ‘natural order’ comment and Neil Lennon will ensure there is no complacency or lack of desire from our team.

Let’s get right ****ing intae them.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    We had two weeks between beating Rangers away and beating Aberdeen at ER. Aberdeen had played the week before and we looked fitter and sharper, especially as the game went on.

I'm glad of the break. Hearts have been playing on some very heavy pitches in their last two games also.