hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 50

Thread: Derby this week

  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    21,547

    Derby this week

    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...eeks-1-4701090

    Yams full back out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Looked decent. Shame.

  4. #3
    Pleasing

  5. #4
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,886
    I was more worried about his attacking potential than as a defender .... having said that, I don't know how the Yams will set up at ER but Motherwell seemed to get a lot of joy down their left hand side ... with Allan in our team they cant ignore the centre of the park to defend the wide areas, so if Boyler is on his game this Friday there could be rich pickings for him

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,146
    Not good news for the guy but great news for us. He looks a very promising player and will be a big loss to THEM.

  7. #6
    Some poster on Sickback asking how many mirrors they have broken. Take it he hasn't heard of Karma.

  8. #7
    Looks like Hearts medical team have got it badly wrong, They better hope this injury wasn't picked up before his other knock against Aberdeen or else they will struggle to get another Loan out of Man United if not the premiership.

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    21,547
    Looks like Hearts misdiagnosed the injury and were going to play him on Friday. Man U insisted he went down for a proper scan and now heís out for 8 weeks. I doubt Man U will be very happy with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,556
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was more worried about his attacking potential than as a defender .... having said that, I don't know how the Yams will set up at ER but Motherwell seemed to get a lot of joy down their left hand side ... with Allan in our team they cant ignore the centre of the park to defend the wide areas, so if Boyler is on his game this Friday there could be rich pickings for him
    With Allan in our team and most likely to be marked by Adao, im sticking a wee bit money on him getting a red.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Hearts misdiagnosed the injury and were going to play him on Friday. Man U insisted he went down for a proper scan and now heís out for 8 weeks. I doubt Man U will be very happy with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure the netball team were needing the medical room so they had to rush it

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,743
    There's a derby this week?

  13. #12
    Bobby Madden the man in black

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobby Madden the man in black
    He's good.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some poster on Sickback asking how many mirrors they have broken. Take it he hasn't heard of Karma.
    They are an ugly looking lot so I would imagine quite a few, good of them to own up to it though.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobby Madden the man in black
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...road-1-4701119

  17. #16
    a quick look on the other side and they seem to be now blaming their medical team for not spotting it - "how can he go from ok for friday to out for 8 weeks" I'd suggest they dont believe everything they read, especially as their team doctor is a highly respected orthopaedic surgeon with many years experience - specialising in....lower limbs, I know this because he works at the same hospital as me and ive been there 15 years

  18. #17
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,176
    Canít wait on the match.

  19. #18
    Coaching Staff 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,934
    Hopefully true about Berra being out as well. He's there target man for set pieces and their defence is far stronger and more orgnanised with him in it.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canít wait on the match.
    Remember, the road to hell is line with teams that thought they were going to win easily.
    It's a derby - anything can happen. (Although, TBH, I fancy our chances )

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Hearts misdiagnosed the injury and were going to play him on Friday. Man U insisted he went down for a proper scan and now heís out for 8 weeks. I doubt Man U will be very happy with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thats a stinker from hearts and will certainly make English teams think twice about lending promising youngsters to them. The shambles continues over the road...

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Glasgow
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats a stinker from hearts and will certainly make English teams think twice about lending promising youngsters to them. The shambles continues over the road...
    Unfortunately it will probably making them think twice about sending them to Scotland at all.

  23. #22
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately it will probably making them think twice about sending them to Scotland at all.
    Not really. Itís shockingly bad treatment from a club which wonít reflect on the rest of the league. Take Barkers injury and how we are treating it for instance.

  24. #23
    Testimonial Due Mikey09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeesdude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a quick look on the other side and they seem to be now blaming their medical team for not spotting it - "how can he go from ok for friday to out for 8 weeks" I'd suggest they dont believe everything they read, especially as their team doctor is a highly respected orthopaedic surgeon with many years experience - specialising in....lower limbs, I know this because he works at the same hospital as me and ive been there 15 years

    Its certainly nothing to do with the hearts medical staff. The lad went back to Utd to be assessed. If they want to take anything out this then they should look at their tit of a manager. Blurting out the lad would be fine for Friday only hours later being told by Utd he's out for a minimum 8 weeks! Levein really is an idiot.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    58
    Posts
    33,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really. Itís shockingly bad treatment from a club which wonít reflect on the rest of the league. Take Barkers injury and how we are treating it for instance.
    How are we treating him

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    29,886
    Blog Entries
    1
    There must be some concern what physical shape we will be in on Friday given I am assuming there wasnt much training going on last week and also some more poor weather today. In the time since we last played Hearts have played 2 full on games so they will likely be sharper to some degree physically.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are we treating him
    D'you not think by 'treating it' the fellah meant treating the situation rather than the player? In other words, no hint of Lennon telling the assembled masses that Barker was fit and ready to play.
    Treated the situation properly as opposed to gouging his joint open with the nearest Stanley for a quick look.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    58
    Posts
    33,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    D'you not think by 'treating it' the fellah meant treating the situation rather than the player? In other words, no hint of Lennon telling the assembled masses that Barker was fit and ready to play.
    Treated the situation properly as opposed to gouging his joint open with the nearest Stanley for a quick look.
    Kinda get your point, but maybe Levein was telling porkies to keep it quiet for a few days
    Theyíve gone silent on Berra though

  29. #28
    One of our biggest problems on friday will be some of our players attitudes in particular a complacency and lack of desire from the off !!

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of our biggest problems on friday will be some of our players attitudes in particular a complacency and lack of desire from the off !!
    Where do you get that thought from?
    Personally I think we'll come flying out the traps.

  31. #30
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of our biggest problems on friday will be some of our players attitudes in particular a complacency and lack of desire from the off !!
    Wtf are you talking about?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)