hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Has The Dalry Lama offered any words of wisdom since his departure?

Usually we get some words of reflection - didn’t the poor fella offer anything up?

Can Sky not give him the pundit / analysis role on Friday (then again maybe not - need to
    have a translator to hand)

Did he just head off with his napsack down south?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usually we get some words of reflection - didn’t the poor fella offer anything up?

Can Sky not give him the pundit / analysis role on Friday (then again maybe not - need to
    have a translator to hand)

Did he just head off with his napsack down south?
    He was helping fellow residents of Loanhead, digging their cars out the snow this week. Good lad
    Wonder if he’s been gagged by Hearts, or he’s just a smart cookie, doesn’t want to talk about it

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Errr um, the schematics, goalposts in the way, mumble mumble, new stand affecting things schematically what eh? If you take away the motherwell goals schematically speaking the relationship continues. I don't sign the players you know, I'm a priest.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

He did apparently. Guess he is still reflecting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...gn-Hearts.html
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I see the ego is still very much intact.

'I could not go to Walter Smith and pretend I know more about football than he does. But I know more about my football than Walter Smith knows about my football,' Ian Cathro

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    'I could not go to Walter Smith and pretend I know more about football than he does. But I know more about my football than Walter Smith knows about my football,' Ian Cathro

'My football is white with some black bits, and has my name written on it using indelible marker. It has an unfortunate rattle when you shake it, due to losing the needle inside whilst over-vigorously pumping' Ian Cathro

@hibs.net private member
    I still have a feeling he will go onto be a decent manager, he took the wrong job far too early in his career and he will learn from that. Aslong as he stops speaking to the media as well

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    'My football is white with some black bits, and has my name written on it using indelible marker. It has an unfortunate rattle when you shake it, due to losing the needle inside whilst over-vigorously pumping' Ian Cathro

That would explain why so few other managers worked him out while he was at Hertz.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    I still have a feeling he will go onto be a decent manager, he took the wrong job far too early in his career and he will learn from that. Aslong as he stops speaking to the media as well
    He just needs to find the key to unlock the door to the right room.

I think he’ll probably go abroad where his more philosophical blue sky thinking outside of the boxedness might have a better chance of getting listened to. And why not)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post

Really, i think he's as mad as a box of frogs, with ideas way above his station. Adult players won't take being talked to as if they are stupid, he will get away with it for so long with kids, but seasoned pro's will work him out very quickly.

Saying all that, i do miss his interviews, it was a pleasure wasting my afternoons trying to decipher his rambles.

He is right about starting mid season IMO, said that right away. He isn't the type who can come in and rally the troops, needs time of a pre season to get his stuff across.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Really, i think he's as mad as a box of frogs, with ideas way above his station. Adult players won't take being talked to as if they are stupid, he will get away with it for so long with kids, but seasoned pro's will work him out very quickly.

Saying all that, i do miss his interviews, it was a pleasure wasting my afternoons trying to decipher his rambles.

He'll move onto politics or form his own cult.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He is right about starting mid season IMO, said that right away. He isn't the type who can come in and rally the troops, needs time of a pre season to get his stuff across.

Hmm... I think he’s got more fundamental problems than that.

Even if his back story is accurate, he’s a coach, not a manager. His methods may be effective as part of a bigger team but not on their own.

He's a PE teacher who blagged his way into football.

We shouldn't be mocking a man who made every Hibs fan very happy. i'm eternally greatful to him for all his hard work at the PBS.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Had he been the manager of just about anyone else, I would've been keen to see him do well. The bad press he got from the "traditionalists" really ripped my knitting.

That fact that he's taken a different route to management from the norm, with some decent stops along the way, is quite refreshing. Whilst playing the game is an obvious advantage, not playing it is not a bar to being a good coach. It hasn't been in other countries, so why not in Scotland?

(edit.. just realised that the "great" Bill Struth wasn't a player......)

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Had he been the manager of just about anyone else, I would've been keen to see him do well. The bad press he got from the "traditionalists" really ripped my knitting.

That fact that he's taken a different route to management from the norm, with some decent stops along the way, is quite refreshing. Whilst playing the game is an obvious advantage, not playing it is not a bar to being a good coach. It hasn't been in other countries, so why not in Scotland?

(edit.. just realised that the "great" Bill Struth wasn't a player......)

Cathro has a planet-sized ego but the self awareness of a peanut.

There is a lot more to management than coaching, but I doubt this guy will ever see it.

He reminds me of Sol Campbell. Perhaps they should join forces as a dream team?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Cathro has a planet-sized ego but the self awareness of a peanut.

There is a lot more to management than coaching, but I doubt this guy will ever see it.

He reminds me of Sol Campbell. Perhaps they should join forces as a dream team?

Maybe he's found his level as a coach, rather than a manager. If that's the case, I hope he does make a decent career.... if only to piss off the Kris Boyds

'But you grow, you become stronger, you move forward, you get better.'

'I could not go to Walter Smith and pretend I know more about football than he does. But I know more about my football than Walter Smith knows about my football,'

I started to pick all the stupid quotes out but it is actually every single one, it's all the same drivel he used to spout when standing like a rabbit stuck in the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

The Yams are launching their “Total Cult” range - Ian could fit in alongside Rudi, Scott Crabbes, Wayne Foster and some other players that did nothing other than score a jammy goal against the Hibs.

The Yams are launching their “Total Cult” range - Ian could fit in alongside Rudi, Scott Crabbes, Wayne Foster and some other players that did nothing other than score a jammy goal against the Hibs.
    you've got the makings of a right bunch of cults there

Sir Matt Busby

Dull as eff also

#zzzzzz

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Yep.

Watch out David Icke, there's a new kid on the block.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I miss him.

'No one could tell me it was all right to lob the ball up the front. I don't accept it now. I didn't accept it then.'

''except Craig Levein'. should be added to the end of that sentence ...or maybe that was what he was hinting at?
    Last edited by andybev1; 06-03-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Stitch together those cryptic clues the truth is out there - the apprentice rejected his master.