hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dundee ban the Daily Record

Dundee just released a statement after a headline this morning saying Dundee are on the brink of real financial difficulty. Dundee saying it's made up pish and have banned them from dens park.

good to see a club standing up for themselves, wish we'd done the same rather than inviting their "journalists" to our training centre.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dundee just released a statement after a headline this morning saying Dundee are on the brink of real financial difficulty. Dundee saying it's made up pish and have banned them from dens park.

good to see a club standing up for themselves, wish we'd done the same rather than inviting their "journalists" to our training centre.
    Well done Dundee. We should have done it after 21/5/16

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

Imagine if the DR had falsely claimed their Fans had assaulted every single member of The Rangers first team.

Well played Dundee. Hats off. Wish we had taken that stand against the DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    Well played Dundee. Hats off. Wish we had taken that stand against the DR.
    I dont think LD is the burning her bridges type of person. When she moves on from Hibs she may very well need the Record in her new post.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Did NL not ban a paper after his spat with Jim Duffy last season?

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    I dont think LD is the burning her bridges type of person. When she moves on from Hibs she may very well need the Record in her new post.
    Don’t really care about her future career when she leaves Hibs or how cosey her relationship with the Daily Record, the right thing to have done was tell them to bolt, demand a printed apology and make it clear they were not welcome at ER until it was done.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Did NL not ban a paper after his spat with Jim Duffy last season?
    The sun journalist Robert Martin. Although they made up again fairly quickly.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Well done Dundee. We should have done it after 21/5/16
    Thats what my initial reaction was too - however with hindsight, I think how we played things post 21/5/16 was spot on.

Many (most?) people thought we and Sevco would get absolutely hammered for the pitch invasion etc.

LD and our board dealt with it really well, kept fairly quiet - didnt react to the media provocation and did their work behind the scenes - and the outcome for us was as good as we could have expected.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Don’t really care about her future career when she leaves Hibs or how cosey her relationship with the Daily Record, the right thing to have done was tell them to bolt, demand a printed apology and make it clear they were not welcome at ER until it was done.
    Thats what i would have like to have happened.

LD would rather have them in the tent urinating out than outside the tent urinating in.

As fans it’s good to know that if there are problems behind the scenes at Easter Road, papers like the Record will not be slow to let us know.
    Better to be in that situation than being a Rangers fan and the Record constantly telling you all is well and then your club dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Correct.

Let me remind everyone who thinks we should still tolerate this pathetic excuse of a newspaper of just what they printed about our club in the immediate aftermath of the cup final. Disgusting, blatant lies which to this day they have still not had the decency to retract or apologise for.

You better believe we should ban them from Easter Road. Well done Dundee.

images-2.jpg

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    The financial statement

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dundee-fc...d-31-may-2017/

The 'record'

Dundee announce worrying £350,000 loss and plead with fans to help boost cash flow

The club are now relying on a new SPFL broadcast deal being agreed to help them break even.

Dundee have announced losses of more than £350,000 - and urged fans to back the board until a new TV deal can help them break even.
    Financial figures through to the end of May 2017 released show the club are still being bankrolled by powerbrokers John Nelms and Tim Keyes - with the pair throwing in another £785,000 to take their overall investment to almost £1.3m.
    The Dens Park club admit they are sweating on a new SPFL broadcast deal due to be nailed down next summer to balance the books - but urged punters to make up the shortfall.

Chiefs are looking to add an extra 1000 on the gate for every home game to avoid slashing boss Neil McCann ’s summer budget.
    A Dark Blues statement said: “The company expect to make additional losses in the current year and in each of the subsequent years until a new TV deal generates more money for all the clubs in the SPFL.
    “The size of these losses will depend on on-field success and the level of support from fans. The club can currently bank on a core home support of around 3,500 and an increase of 1,000 is a target that would put the club essentially into a break-even position.”

Dundee revealed a £4m turnover but the cash from Nelms and Keyes is still required to keep the club ticking over.
    A share issue is set to take their investment to £1.5m and give the pair a 75 percent stake in the club - and allow them to push ahead with plans for a new stadium.

The board have backed McCann and insist the Dark Blues have a bright future.
    The statement said: “The club believe they underperformed in the 2016/17 season, failing to make the top six.
    “The change in managers in 2017, has brought a change in the style of play.
    "This necessarily meant the changing of playing personnel and this brings with it costs of an enlarged playing squad.
    “It is hoped the size of the first-team squad can be reduced next season. The directors believe continuity in the management of the club is the route to success.
    “On a more positive note the club are reaping benefits from its academy.
    "The development squad is now providing a supply of players to the first team, something which has not been available to us for a number of years.
    “The results of the development squad have been good and the quality of the other academy teams continues to improve.

“The club has also been unlucky with a number of players suffering serious injury ruling them out of action for prolonged periods.
    “This position is one over which we have no control but the number and severity of the injuries brings with it costs both in treatments but as importantly in additional wages for replacement players.
    “The club have the commitment of its major shareholder that funding is available to us until we moved to new stadium and beyond and they provide a vital lifeline to ensure a viable and successful football club.”

and the statement

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-17/
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Thats what i would have like to have happened.

LD would rather have them in the tent urinating out than outside the tent urinating in.
    Not really sure that analogy works though as they clearly don't regret what they they printed after the cup final and I'm sure would have no qualms doing so again.

The bottom line is they know their readership and target audience and will always tow the company line. They couldn't care less about us and a few wee nice interviews by Hibs ain't going change that.

All credit to Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Correct.

Let me remind everyone who thinks we should still tolerate this pathetic excuse of a newspaper of just what they printed about our club in the immediate aftermath of the cup final. Disgusting, blatant lies which to this day they have still not had the decency to retract or apologise for.

images-2.jpg

And while I am immensely grateful to Dempster for what she's done for our club, Im disappointed with how shes responded to the post cup final drivel from Rangers and the DR, and the whole newco issue. We've been spineless.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Correct.

images-2.jpg
    Yep, this is where I am on our dealings with this rag.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Not really sure that analogy works though as they clearly don't regret what they they printed after the cup final and I'm sure would have no qualms doing so again.

The bottom line is they know their readership and target audience and will always tow the company line. They couldn't care less about us and a few wee nice interviews by Hibs ain't going change that.

All credit to Dundee.
    Have the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers got a game against Dundee coming up?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

All credit to Dundee.
    The point was she wont be in our tent for the whole of her career

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Imagine if the DR had falsely claimed their Fans had assaulted every single member of The Rangers first team.
    TBF, All news outlets ran with Rangers version of events

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

And while I am immensely grateful to Dempster for what she's done for our club, Im disappointed with how shes responded to the post cup final drivel from Rangers and the DR, and the whole newco issue. We've been spineless.
    We kept it quiet because we had to. The club could have gotten in a lot more trouble that it did to be honest. Petrie and his job with the SFA will have known exactly how to play it.

I banned it from my house along with that other weegie rag years ago. The sooner the two of them go out the box the better, can’t be too far away now. Well done Dundee.

We should tell the Record AND the Scottish Sun to gtf.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    It's about integrity. I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if her motives (or lack of) were as you suggest.

Correct.

images-2.jpg
    Should be banned for that Alone

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

You can’t simply ban the press/media because you don’t like what they print. If you don’t like what the Record publishes don’t buy it. I haven’t picked up a copy for years, I only ever know what’s in it because others buy it or click on their site then moan about it on here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Football gets unlimited free advertising from the popular press and will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    It's about integrity. I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if her motives (or lack of) were as you suggest.
    We kept our integrity and it got us a lesser charge in the grand scheme of things.

Seriously? You don't actually believe that do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    We kept our integrity and it got us a lesser charge in the grand scheme of things.
    Integrity AND dignity.

It would have been easy to go all Sevco and start throwing s***e in all directions.

I think we allowed Sevco to make fools of themselves, and the credible followers of Scottish football will have known exactly what went on.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Integrity AND dignity.

It would have been easy to go all Sevco and start throwing s***e in all directions.

I think we allowed Sevco to make fools of themselves, and the credible followers of Scottish football will have known exactly what went on.
    Silence can sometimes be a stronger weapon.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not being naive but if a newspaper prints lies and you are adversely impacted by them you surely don't ban them? You hold them to account and sue for damages?