hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singing section

Left by mutual consent!

Singing section

Back to the east asap please if the FF lower isn’t available.

The current set up is not working in terms of atmosphere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    They were awfully quiet in the first half, but louder when we were winning. Surely their role is to be loud when we are having to dig in - not criticising them, as I think they are a boon, but they were off it today.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were awfully quiet in the first half, but louder when we were winning. Surely their role is to be loud when we are having to dig in - not criticising them, as I think they are a boon, but they were off it today.

Sounded loud enough to me in West Upper, South. For the whole game. Even when we were drawing.

Alexander O’Neil is out in force, regardless, when in comes to the signing section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    Sounded loud enough to me in West Upper, South. For the whole game. Even when we were drawing.

Alexander O’Neil is out in force, regardless, when in comes to the signing section.

I was in the FF lower, directly below them. Maybe the acoustics are crap where I was.

Sounded great to me

I sit in section 43 and while I could see them bounce in the second half, most of the time the East is signing a different song.

My opinion is that they work best up the back of section 43.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I was in the FF lower, directly below them. Maybe the acoustics are crap where I was.

I'm up in the FF upper away from the singing section, doesn't sound great from there to be honest. Not terrible but not the same as the east

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Here's an idea, why don't we have 2 singing sections :)

...or one big one, ie everybody

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    Here's an idea, why don't we have 2 singing sections :)

...or one big one, ie everybody

How often does the whole stadium *Hibs fans actually all sing?. After a derby win maybe?.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    My ST is in the East on the halfway line and usually the singing section seems quiet, but today I was in the West Upper on the halfway line and it sounded much better... I really do think it’s the acoustics... all of the singing section noise seems to be reflected off the FF Upper wall and back towards the West and South Stands.

It’s the same for the tannoys... much better in the West than the East and I think that’s to do with acoustics of the direction of the speakers in the east in comparison to the west.

Would be great of if any audio experts who know a little about acoustics could help have bs out with these issues.

The Singing section only needs moved out of the FF Upper concerned to a more central section the FF, away from the wall that seems to steal any sound away from travelling over to the East stand, it doesn’t have to be in the lower tier and I suspect the sound would travel better from the Upper.

Watching the highlights,there seems to be plenty of available seats Ff lower.

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    I sit in section 43 and while I could see them bounce in the second half, most of the time the East is signing a different song.

My opinion is that they work best up the back of section 43.
    Agree but they then can't stop the few idiots that join in and misbehave Thats what got them moved to the foot of Section 43 and it didnt work the same there
    Agree it isn't loud enough to get the whole stadium joining in where it currently is So either they try and get more people and extend it next Season to double its size at least or its back to the Drawing board

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Agree but they then can't stop the few idiots that join in and misbehave Thats what got them moved to the foot of Section 43 and it didnt work the same there
    Agree it isn't loud enough to get the whole stadium joining in where it currently is So either they try and get more people and extend it next Season to double its size at least or its back to the Drawing board
    To be clear, we’ve never been moved anywhere. We’ve driven and hosen both moves. FF hasn’t worked as planned - but we perserve and keep going. No more moves will be happening unless to FF Lower in Safe Standing, which is our next objective to drive with the club.

For starters, if the 300 supporters in S25 all sang it would make a hell of a difference, never mind the rest of the support. People would rather sit on their phones the whole match it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    To be clear, we’ve never been moved anywhere. We’ve driven and hosen both moves. FF hasn’t worked as planned - but we perserve and keep going. No more moves will be happening unless to FF Lower in Safe Standing, which is our next objective to drive with the club.

For starters, if the 300 supporters in S25 all sang it would make a hell of a difference, never mind the rest of the support. People would rather sit on their phones the whole match it seems.
    I thought people had opted to sit in Section 25 to be part of the Singing Section Bit disappointed folk aren't then joining in
    I was up out my seat do many times in the second half due to the excitement of the quality of our play Folk kept telling me to sit down
    If there was a Safe Standing Section where Singing Section was i would opt to go there , but where it is just now doesn't appeal to me

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs53 View Post
    Watching the highlights,there seems to be plenty of available seats Ff lower.
    Not this again!!

Loads of empty seats in the East sections closest to the FF too.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    No more moves will be happening unless to FF Lower in Safe Standing, which is our next objective to drive with the club.
    And if that was to happen if would be financial suicide for the football club. But, hey ho, the atmosphere will allegedly be better.

If anyone doubts the financial suicide, please refer to the countless other threads we've had on this subject.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Atmosphere was great yesterday. Lots of noise all round the stadium. It's not all about singing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    And if that was to happen if would be financial suicide for the football club. But, hey ho, the atmosphere will allegedly be better.

If anyone doubts the financial suicide, please refer to the countless other threads we've had on this subject.
    Financial suicide - are you referring to the cost of integrating? If so, would your opinion change if it was fully funded by the support?

I think there are a number of problems with the location.

1. The club (or was it Section 43 who requested the move?) were obviously inspired by the singing section at Brondby where they were up in the corner. That worked more successfully because the stadium has the corners filled in and the noise can spread. Our singing section is stuck next to a giant perspex wall, so the noise doesn’t travel anywhere.
    2. Having a singing section only works if the sections next to them also join in and spread the atmosphere. The fans who are in the east seemed more engaged in the singing that the ones in the FF. The reason for this is anyone’s guess. Perhaps because the old east was our traditional noisy place, and that’s where the fans who enjoy a sing song migrated to when the stand was rebuilt. May take a few years to change that if we plan to persevere with the current location.
    3. The two tiered stands aren’t quite as good for generating an atmosphere, at least not compared to the East.
    4. The singing section is way too far away from the away end. We’ve lost the camaraderie and intense atmosphere between the opposition fans. This is a big factor in creating atmosphere. The singing section can’t hear the away fans, and the away fans can’t hear the singing section.

I was in the West Upper and thought the East Stand, Section 43, sounded louder from there. This is purely by shear weight of numbers, as when we were winning, the rest of the East tended to join in, whereas that's not so true about the FF.

Maybe it's a good thing having two singing sections.

Folks can choose to sing, or choose not to. The boys in signing section are trying to add atmosphere, and shouldn't be knocked for it....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Folks can choose to sing, or choose not to. The boys in signing section are trying to add atmosphere, and shouldn't be knocked for it....

Naw, the West Stand folks are boring and need slagged off about it.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Who’s knocking them for it?

It’s blindingly obvious that the move has resulted in a poorer atmosphere.

It’s a shame as last season S43 and the East were really starting to make a consistent and loud contribution to the game but this season that’s just not happened as often or as effectively.

Even bigger shame to hear S43 have no plans to move back to the East. I appreciate that such a move would be complex esp. after it was S43 that pushed for the original move to the FF but none the less I think it’s pretty clear that’s what should happen.

As the Singing Section(s) are consistently outsung by the away support, maybe they should all move to the South Stand.

I sit in next section to them. They do a great job but have no chance if others won't join in.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Naw, the West Stand folks are boring and need slagged off about it.
    I'm in West, certainly not boring

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Who’s knocking them for it?

It’s blindingly obvious that the move has resulted in a poorer atmosphere.

It’s a shame as last season S43 and the East were really starting to make a consistent and loud contribution to the game but this season that’s just not happened as often or as effectively.

Even bigger shame to hear S43 have no plans to move back to the East. I appreciate that such a move would be complex esp. after it was S43 that pushed for the original move to the FF but none the less I think it’s pretty clear that’s what should happen.
    Maybe others should join in?

@hibs.net private member
    My seat is in the west upper front row at the 18 yard line Dunbar End. Section 43 is pretty much opposite and of it wasn't for the drums I'd presume the singing section was still in S43 as that is where most of the noise comes from, at least from where I am sitting. It's also where most of the noise has came from for the last 40 years so not surprising.

The atmosphere was decent in the second half but very quiet in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I sit in next section to them. They do a great job but have no chance if others won't join in.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Its hard to join in something you can't hear tbf. I was in 38 of the east stand yesterday and could hear the drum and that was it.

Im in the section and it amazes me how many people do not join in and at times, look at the guys in the front rows like they are idiots, for trying to get an atmosphere going.

Why buy a ticket there if you have no interest in singing??